Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
Nobody has any advice or outside setups for this car? Should I have bought a tekno? This thread is way to quiet.
You should do some testing and research instead of complaining. The standard Adam Drake setup is good outdoor. If you cant handle that aggressive of a car try Ronda Drakes setup it is easier to drive but wont get you as fast of a hero lap.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb

I'm running 5-5-3 and 37.5 front, 30 rear. Everything else is drakes exact setup. What's the 11mm mod?
Nobody has any advice or outside setups for this car? Should I have bought a tekno? This thread is way to quiet.
Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
You should do some testing and research instead of complaining. The standard Adam Drake setup is good outdoor. If you cant handle that aggressive of a car try Ronda Drakes setup it is easier to drive but wont get you as fast of a hero lap.
I use the Drake setup works great..... Front 37.5 Rear 27.5- 5/7/3 Dif. Short Acerman.
I run Larger outdoor clay Dry med/high traction.
I like my Rear hub foward for tight track. Its so new we are just working out our setups Jason.
Please help us with your input on your set up.
You can always PM me if you want to talk 3.0!
Only things I broke so far was Left Rear shock shaft bent from impact ( I was hit from behind). And the shock end ripped out the same shock. Think I stripped it out ... Replacing it today and running again Sunday. I will let you know how things are going. But I have ESC issues... My RX8 , cant get full throttle. So I will re progaram it with hotwire and replace sensor wire to see if I can get it to tack out.
It was fine.... but started acting up in the A main last week ... I finished 5th after bumping from the B.
( Shock end ripping out DNF my heat)

Last edited by XXXDad; 06-28-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Talking

I want one but hoping losi releases e buggy in the near future.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

Your driving has come a long way since you started racing....the next evolution you need to undergo as a racer is learning how each part of the vehicle works as a piece of an interdependent system...

That Losi buggy is a good buggy, no question!

....My TEKNO has been good from day one and is getting better......

But that losi is just as good I'm sure.

Download the HUDY 1/8th scale off-road set up guide.......

If I had to do it all over again I may have gone Losi...just so I could run nitro or electric with the same car.

If you need anything I sent you my cell number....I'm sure we can get that buggy dialed in no time...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just a thought here guys..... I run a Eight-E 2.0 and Love the thing... cant afford a 3.0 right now.. but anyways, i am using this body and thought I would share it with all of your 3.0 owners.. The styling is nice but the feel on the track is incredible. Check it out. It also fits much nicer on the 2.0 when using (2) 2 cell lipos. A Fit is a problem I was having with the factory body. The Exabte body looks and feels awesome.
http://avidrc.com/product/18/ftw/439...00032-ftw.html
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this buggy, has anyone had any problems out of those tapered springs?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thumbs up Its built solid

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Thinking about pulling the trigger on this buggy, has anyone had any problems out of those tapered springs?
No real issues.... me getting hit bent the shock shaft, then I stripped the shock end when installing. Need longer screws for the servo box but other than that... its GOLD!

Old 06-28-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea, i think i am just going to go ahead and get it. I have a descent 2.0 already but it's used, i am going to sell it and just buy myself a 3.0. I am wanting a brand new buggy and looking at what all it comes with and the few changes they made, it makes no sense to not just buy the 3.0. My main concern was the tapered springs.

Looks like i will have one by Tuesday
Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigbadbasher
Yea, i think i am just going to go ahead and get it. I have a descent 2.0 already but it's used, i am going to sell it and just buy myself a 3.0. I am wanting a brand new buggy and looking at what all it comes with and the few changes they made, it makes no sense to not just buy the 3.0. My main concern was the tapered springs.

Looks like i will have one by Tuesday
The 3.0 e buggy is a huge improvement over the 2.0 in terms of handling. I find it to be the perfect amount of small changes adding up to significantly different feeling car for the better.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well here is my e 3.0! The more and more I drive it the more it loosens up and the more I'm liking it!
I've been messing around with setups and will have some practice videos up later on Facebook.

As far as the kit goes I give it a 9.5/10 only because I had about 4 screws missing. Otherwise kit was complete in about 6 hours.

Driveability 9/10 this car is waaay better then the 2.0 in terms of everything. Don't hesitate or complain about the price its worth every penny. The rear end still sucks but is quite a bit more planted then the 2.0 once the right setup is found. This thing is butter with the new shocks.

Overall 9/10 this car is awesome, quality kit, very smooth on the track, and durable, I did break the upper servo saver arm smacking a tube pretty hard. I'd suggest the aluminum one.

Setup so far is still be worked out. I can post it later once I upload the YouTube video.

You can PM me if u have questions
Attached Thumbnails TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-img_20130629_011441_990.jpg  
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson
The 3.0 e buggy is a huge improvement over the 2.0 in terms of handling. I find it to be the perfect amount of small changes adding up to significantly different feeling car for the better.
I was talking to a couple guys yesterday at the track, they said it's almost night and day in how much better the buggy is than the 2.0.. Dylan Gerard races at our tracks and he said the same thing.. Not twitchy but improved steering. The suspension is supposed to be Oohlala!! Im getting one for sure, no ifs ands or buts about it!

The 11mm mod is a spindle mod, you remove material from the spindle to get more turn in. Does it help? YES! But you need aluminum spindles to do it. I know the 3.0 comes with 15degree carriers i think so i may not mess with it right away, or hell i might, i have the 12 degree aluminum carriers and spindles on both of my 2.0 T's..
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, after reading the thread, it looks like to complete an e-buggy, you need the 8ight 3.0 kit , the e-conversion kit and a 2.0 E body. PLus electronics obviously. Am i correct?
Old 06-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Merse
Hi guys, after reading the thread, it looks like to complete an e-buggy, you need the 8ight 3.0 kit , the e-conversion kit and a 2.0 E body. PLus electronics obviously. Am i correct?
You are correct. It's a lot of expense but worth every penny.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just sell off all the nitro stuff... I got $110 for it....
Old 06-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just posted some videos on YouTube. If you look up my channel chitownrc. U will see some 3.0 electric videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.