Old 10-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

voted!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Info

okay....want to vote
but where do we find info on the names on the list.

only know two names on the list....
kinda of hard to place a vote without info

a small bio should be submitted for each candidate, at least to get a hint whom is there.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I realize everybody here has there own ideas on how ROAR should be run, but before you get elected to implement your master plan consider what goes on these days.

Everybody, their mother and their dog has motors and batteries that they want approved...yesterday. There is a flood of products to be taken care of on a regular basis, so just keeping up on this front is enough of a job. Then there are the speed controls as well. The president is not always directly dealing with this stuff, but he hears about it especially if the manufacturer is not happy.

Your also trying to make sure that the nationals are on track, getting bids, and seeing the tracks follow through. There are class rules to be reviewed, in light of new developments or even new classes themselves. Don't forget to check on the regional directors, to see what is happening, if you can get somebody to do that job... There is plenty of stuff to worry about all day long, and that's after you have taken care of your day job. And your family.

On top of all that, maybe somebody will sue the organization. That won't take up any of your time at all.

Yeah, there is the rest of the excomm doing their jobs, but in the end your probably the guy getting the slack for what goes on. Honestly, this could be a full time job, and it should be in my opinion. That's not realistic, especially in light of the fact that most people don't want to pay the membership fee right now. Just consider that for people running some of the independent for profit races, it more or less IS their job.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
I realize everybody here has there own ideas on how ROAR should be run, but before you get elected to implement your master plan consider what goes on these days.

Everybody, their mother and their dog has motors and batteries that they want approved...yesterday. There is a flood of products to be taken care of on a regular basis, so just keeping up on this front is enough of a job. Then there are the speed controls as well. The president is not always directly dealing with this stuff, but he hears about it especially if the manufacturer is not happy.

Your also trying to make sure that the nationals are on track, getting bids, and seeing the tracks follow through. There are class rules to be reviewed, in light of new developments or even new classes themselves. Don't forget to check on the regional directors, to see what is happening, if you can get somebody to do that job... There is plenty of stuff to worry about all day long, and that's after you have taken care of your day job. And your family.

On top of all that, maybe somebody will sue the organization. That won't take up any of your time at all.

Yeah, there is the rest of the excomm doing their jobs, but in the end your probably the guy getting the slack for what goes on. Honestly, this could be a full time job, and it should be in my opinion. That's not realistic, especially in light of the fact that most people don't want to pay the membership fee right now. Just consider that for people running some of the independent for profit races, it more or less IS their job.
These are the very reasons why this needs to be a paid position. It has to be a win for all involved and to expect anyone to donate time they may not have is ridiculous. We need a full time dedicated person being compensated to take the bull by the horns!!!! What does it take to make this a paying position?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Having spent many years as a regional and then excomm member. Helping us come into brushless and Lipo being some of the toughest excomm years. Time becomes huge for these jobs. I would say it today as I did over 10 years ago. We need to pay these top positions so they can reasonably apply the time and dedication required to do all of the work.

There were many times when we would spend more then 40 hours per week on rule book rewrites, approval processes, National processes. Grinding constantly trying to make fair and even playing field for everyone. Never a easy task and always a balance or vendor/racer/promoter.

ROAR's responsibility is to create rule packages that support and promote fair and equal racing. I am not looking for someone to create the next big class.. The vendors do that. We just need to see the racing governed so we all have the same sandbox and toys when we battle.

Who is that person who will do that today? I am sure I have not seen that from the two on the current ballet, Sell yourself as a write in and you may get my vote.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk

I'd say most people don't want to pay because of the way its being run. I understand the commitment involved and the gratitude received especially when things don't always goes smooth. I think this should be a paid position as well based on the scale this is done on. Maybe then someone could spend the time needed to do the job. But currently ROAR doesn't give people a reason to want to join. People join ROAR because they HAVE to in order to run certain races. If ROAR stays on its current track they should expect less and less participation from the RC community.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'd say most people don't want to pay because of the way its being run. I understand the commitment involved and the gratitude received especially when things don't always goes smooth. I think this should be a paid position as well based on the scale this is done on. Maybe then someone could spend the time needed to do the job. But currently ROAR doesn't give people a reason to want to join. People join ROAR because they HAVE to in order to run certain races. If ROAR stays on its current track they should expect less and less participation from the RC community.
Please list your grievances. Seriously, since it would be good to hear what is wrong.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

It is time for some change with the ROAR leadership. As a result I have written in Eric Anderson for ROAR president. Eric is very active in the RC community not just on-road and I think he will put in maximum effort. You guys want some change...well it starts with your votes. If you agree please do the same!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
It is time for some change with the ROAR leadership. As a result I have written in Eric Anderson for ROAR president. Eric is very active in the RC community not just on-road and I think he will put in maximum effort. You guys want some change...well it starts with your votes. If you agree please do the same!
I agree and voted!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:40 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yes Ive decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. Below is what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago after thinking it over for a couple of days and talking to some people in the industry.

Ive had a lot of people ask me about running for ROAR President this year. Its something I have always thought of simply because Ive been in this hobby/industry for 25 years now and it would be a way to give something back to a hobby thats given me so much fun (and grieve at times!). As my wife can attest its something that I have always done since before she even knew me. I eat, sleep and breath RC 8 months out of the year (the other 4 months there is no racing here in TN outside so I take a family break but still keep up with everything RC).

I have never been one that has claimed to know everything or even close and never will. If I were to win I will be going into this blind other than having some ideas about what ROAR should focus on but with the right people around me on the EXCOM I feel that some positive things can be accomplished.

1. I have 25 years of experience as a racer.

2. 10 years as a RC Business owner and travel to as many races a year as any paid factory driver.

3. I am someone who can pick up the phone and talk to any racer, company, organization world-wide. I feel I can open the channels of communication and lead ROAR into open discussions with the rest of the world!

4. I feel that ROAR needs someone who is at the track, communicates with the ROAR body and its members about issues and ideas. Its the only way to know which direction the industry/hobby is going. I believe I can be that person with your support!

5. ROAR needs to be proactive instead of reactive to issues and other things. The US is the largest industry for R/C products yet we are now following other nations. We have so many different sets of international rules and approvals it is staggering to me let alone the average racer who just wants to enjoy his hobby and race!

6. ROAR needs to grow as an organization and the only way to do that is get more people involved, more tracks involved and also keep the manufactures involved. Without all 3 of those things RC can not grow!

7. I have numerous years of experience as a region director, Excom electric section chairman and also electric section committee member within ROAR.

I can promise all of you I will do everything in my power to see if we cant get ROAR and RC racing here to increase and put out a better product for everyone! ROAR will flourish, manufacturer’s will be happy, race tracks will be given priority in my thinking (since they are the core of all of our success) and the end consumer, who will finally have fun and enjoy his hobby without all the day to day drama.

Vote for me and I'll do everything I can!

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 10-29-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Eric,

Cool man great news!!! I hope the best for ya

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yes Ive decided to throw my hat in the ring as well. Below is what I posted to Facebook a few minutes ago after thinking it over for a couple of days and talking to some people in the industry.

Ive had a lot of people ask me about running for ROAR President this year. Its something I have always thought of simply because Ive been in this hobby/industry for 25 years now and it would be a way to give something back to a hobby thats given me so much fun (and grieve at times!). As my wife can attest its something that I have always done since before she even knew me. I eat, sleep and breath RC 8 months out of the year (the other 4 months there is no racing here in TN outside so I take a family break but still keep up with everything RC).

I have never been one that has claimed to know everything or even close and never will. If I were to win I will be going into this blind other than having some ideas about what ROAR should focus on but with the right people around me on the EXCOM I feel that some positive things can be accomplished.

1. I have 25 years of experience as a racer.

2. 10 years as a RC Business owner and travel to as many races a year as any paid factory driver.

3. I am someone who can pick up the phone and talk to any racer, company, organization world-wide. I feel I can open the channels of communication and lead ROAR into open discussions with the rest of the world!

4. I feel that ROAR needs someone who is at the track, communicates with the ROAR body and its members about issues and ideas. Its the only way to know which direction the industry/hobby is going. I believe I can be that person with your support!

5. ROAR needs to be proactive instead of reactive to issues and other things. The US is the largest industry for R/C products yet we are now following other nations. We have so many different sets of international rules and approvals it is staggering to me let alone the average racer who just wants to enjoy his hobby and race!

6. ROAR needs to grow as an organization and the only way to do that is get more people involved, more tracks involved and also keep the manufactures involved. Without all 3 of those things RC can not grow!

I can promise all of you I will do everything in my power to see if we cant get ROAR and RC racing here to increase and put out a better product for everyone! ROAR will flourish, manufacturer’s will be happy, race tracks will be given priority in my thinking (since they are the core of all of our success) and the end consumer, who will finally have fun and enjoy his hobby without all the day to day drama.

Vote for me and I'll do everything I can!
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

voted
Old 10-29-2014, 07:59 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Also I added #7 to my post due to the fact that there are people already saying I dont have the experience required which is false. I have served on the EXCOM, Region Director and committee member in the past.

Thanks
EA
Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Question! How/where do you vote?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/blog_post.php?pid=2227

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.