Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a Pro4 setup for carpet with hopups for sale. If anyone is interested pm me.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by tony2
ok you guys have probably already been over this topic but here goes i have built my pro 4 and had no problems with the build, the chassis had no tweak in it after the build but after one race, it had quite a bad tweak, i took it home and pulled the bottom chassis off and checked for tweak no prob there, rebuilt it with no tweak what so ever, but twist the car at the front and rear and a tweak comes in at about 3mm, twist it the other way and the tweak will go out of it
any thoughts???? two other guys at my club, are having the same problem so, its just no me
any help appreciated
I have the exact problem, I don't have any solution for it if that happend on the indoor carpet (I am running rubber indoor carpet) and only the FRONT has the tweak.

My only solution (from other pro 4 racers)....BMP or PRP 3mm chassis and 2.5 upper deck. $125 total......

I ran mine with the front tweak...it is not too horrible at all, just dialed the front shock coil a little to readjust the tweak.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am Thinking about Buying a Pro-4, Can anybody Explain The Tweak problem Everyone Keeps Talking About? I have heard there is an easy Fix. Some kind Of Modification to The screw Holes In the Top Deck to Eliminate the Problem. I Can't Seem to Find any Information Back on Page 120 or anywhere else.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by rraden
I see that Paul Lemeiux put his Pro 4 in the A main at the Novak race. It would be nice to see his set up sheet. Anyone know how to get it?
Im not sure if you really want his setup. His car was fast but he only had it for that weekend and it was not 100% setup. If your looking for a kick ass setup lets get Eli's aka 1fastdude on here to post his full setup. He helped RobK and I a ton this weekend and both of our cars made vast improvements with his help. His setup works great with foam tires.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Im not sure if you really want his setup. His car was fast but he only had it for that weekend and it was not 100% setup. If your looking for a kick ass setup lets get Eli's aka 1fastdude on here to post his full setup. He helped RobK and I a ton this weekend and both of our cars made vast improvements with his help. His setup works great with foam tires.
Kevin....your PRO 4 is pretty famous over the NOVAK RACE thread.....somehow they all think your ride is tunned or running by the great Paul L......but anyhow, good race over at Novak.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

How much it cost to get Eli's setup here on the net....? I will chip in $5......
Old 01-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rookie Solara
Kevin....your PRO 4 is pretty famous over the NOVAK RACE thread.....somehow they all think your ride is tunned or running by the great Paul L......but anyhow, good race over at Novak.
Yeah I just saw that....Nice

Eli said that he needs to find a way to get it posted on here. I think RobK has the full sheet maybe he can post it I just put the parts on and changed things like he suggested to me so i have to go over what I have to get the setup that I ended up with but Eli's car was awesome all weekend just wish I would have talked to him sooner.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a the set-up info.(most of it)
I will see if he want's me to make a PDF out of it and post.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah I just saw that....Nice

Eli said that he needs to find a way to get it posted on here. I think RobK has the full sheet maybe he can post it I just put the parts on and changed things like he suggested to me so i have to go over what I have to get the setup that I ended up with but Eli's car was awesome all weekend just wish I would have talked to him sooner.
Thanks Kevin!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tres-post it if you have it.

Eli told me he had given you the setup from Cleveland, but it didn't show up on the net. I have a copy of it so I could make a pdf to post up, but if you are ready to go, go for it.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

ps. Eli is definitely the coolest. Super nice and willing to help.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Here is what all he gave me:

Set-up : 2mm roll center - .5mm anti squat - 1.5 camber - double pink rear, double pink/orange front - 2.5 arm sweep front - 2.0 rear toe-in - 50 wt. kit shock oil (#3) pistons - pepto front white rear springs (x-ray) 2.5mm chassis BMI.

It's missing a few things, I'll try and get all the info for the sheet.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default more....

anymore to that ummmmm..set-up? i don't have a front diff yet so i epoxied the front one-way. so now i got a spool. tried racing with stock one-way on a tight ,bumpy, carpet track. no dice. i TQ'd tho and finished second first time out.
and how do we keep the rear diff tight? it keeps coming loose and unloading.
i also checked out the cool chassis braces. i'm getting some high strength epoxy to lay my own graphite sheets, then CNC them out. what have in mind is a little off-the-wall.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default correction...

i finished third.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

for those who have tweek issues on graphite plate chassis . are you useing the factory screws ? if not they might not have the proper champher. if you are do you tighten the screws in a criss cross pattern like the lug nuts on full size cars ive seen all soorts off tweek issues resolved by correcting these.

just tryin to keep ya from speendin money
if you dond need to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.