Wiki Posts
Search

REEDY 121 VR

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lorider75
the carb has slotted mounting holes. it can be turned something like 40 degrees.... cannot remember the actual number but i think thats what i read, which should work in every buggy and truggy out there.
no idea what the plate is for tho....
cannot wait for mine to show up.... been waiting since february lol... anyone know why AE keeps pushing there release date back when there is already engines released?

that make's all too much sence....thx for clearing that up.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I'm guessing the plate is a gasket/insulator.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

here is a picture from the botton of the carb,its a great idea, you can rotate the carb depending the car you will use

the gasket/insulator is on the picture
Attached Thumbnails REEDY 121 VR-reedy8.jpg  
Old 06-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the pics, Fabian! Mine arrives on Thursday. I don't think I'll have enough time to break it in properly for this weekend, but I'll see what I can do. I'm excited to try this thing out!

Is that carb base gasket rubber?
Old 06-09-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
Thanks for the pics, Fabian! Mine arrives on Thursday. I don't think I'll have enough time to break it in properly for this weekend, but I'll see what I can do. I'm excited to try this thing out!

Is that carb base gasket rubber?
Skartisu, the gasket looks like a composite(strong material) i do not know exatly, thanks
Old 06-10-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

I got my Reedy last week, I am in the UK, makes a change for us to get something first before the USA.

I have found that the engine is really easy to run in, holding tune and Temps really well.

Did 3 tanks on the box keeping the temps at 190F, then ran the car on the track taking it easy 1/4 throttle, did this for another 5 tanks.

After this I ran one race giving it a little more, temps were around 200F and got 7:50 mins from a full tank with a JP4 fitted.

The engine seems really smooth with loads of power for my Losi buggy, had to take the Reedy out so I could do a fast Qualifying round and then the 20min A main.

Still needs to free up a bit before I can give it a full race tune.

One note to be made I did not have to touch the high or low speed needles for the above running in.

The Reedy seems to have as much power compared to my OS speed but not as fast as the Ninja.

Will update once I have completed a few more tanks.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fabian K
Skartisu, the gasket looks like a composite(strong material) i do not know exatly, thanks
Thanks for the info!
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NNRC
I got my Reedy last week, I am in the UK, makes a change for us to get something first before the USA.

I have found that the engine is really easy to run in, holding tune and Temps really well.

Did 3 tanks on the box keeping the temps at 190F, then ran the car on the track taking it easy 1/4 throttle, did this for another 5 tanks.

After this I ran one race giving it a little more, temps were around 200F and got 7:50 mins from a full tank with a JP4 fitted.

The engine seems really smooth with loads of power for my Losi buggy, had to take the Reedy out so I could do a fast Qualifying round and then the 20min A main.

Still needs to free up a bit before I can give it a full race tune.

One note to be made I did not have to touch the high or low speed needles for the above running in.

The Reedy seems to have as much power compared to my OS speed but not as fast as the Ninja.

Will update once I have completed a few more tanks.
DING!!!! DING!!!! DING!!!!

You win the accurate post award. I have been watching this engine run for about 2 months now. Team driver at my track. It is a nice smooth engine but power the Ninja kills it.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

What plug is everyone using?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

OS P4 is the recommended plug for now. Reedy plugs will be coming in the future.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

I look forward to hear what everyone thinks after running the engine.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

I got a Reedy on BO in a couple places, anyone know where is the FASTEST place to get one?? I blew up my old mill and I am in need of one bad!! , I also have some racing coming up and need something fast. I would rather wait for the Reedy, but I may have to go C6 again.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Jeez,

my LHS wants $450-AUS for the Reedy which is approx $370-US

i can get it shipped from Amain to my door for $330-AUS...... not hard to guess which option i'll choose!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey Pantera give Hobbies R us a call on 97291002 and ask for Steve I got a feeling you will get a much better price than $450 he should be able to get u a lot closer to the overseas price plus I know he has them in stock
Old 06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jprevolution
hey Pantera give Hobbies R us a call on 97291002 and ask for Steve I got a feeling you will get a much better price than $450 he should be able to get u a lot closer to the overseas price plus I know he has them in stock
yeah true true!

i dropped in to see Sneddo on thursday but i had just missed him. he's always taken care of me and the other racers and he helps out the track a $hit load too!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.