Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Serpent 748 200mm nitro onroad kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info. Have a great holiday season.

Regards
Originally Posted by lil-bump
No. "Pre-Run" means it has went thru the break-in process(still not 100% broken in may need 2-3 more tanks). All of the high-end Novarossi engines say "Tuned"

Pass you soon...
Old 12-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Italboy
Thank you Dan
I wondered why on the TQ they put in heavier diff oils - should be normal with the new diffs.
The new diffs need about double the diff oil weight than the old diffs to get the same feel. So if you ran 60K in the old rear diff then you'd now need 120-150K oil in the new diffs. Its just down to the new configuration and gear pattern of the new diff design.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dan_vector
The new diffs need about double the diff oil weight than the old diffs to get the same feel. So if you ran 60K in the old rear diff then you'd now need 120-150K oil in the new diffs. Its just down to the new configuration and gear pattern of the new diff design.
started with the build of the diff.. what I can say till now, just WoW. Superb material and fits together really nice and smooth.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

started with the build of the diff.. what I can say till now, just WoW. Superb material and fits together really nice and smooth.
Glad you are enjoying the build. Those new diffs are butter smooth aren't they!!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Receiver on/off switch

Hey guys. I'm finished with the build but had mainly three questions.

1. Is there a special tool I need to adjust the clutch nut to tight or loosen the clutch slip?

2. Where do you guys put the on/off receiver switch? Or do u not use it.

3. Is there a better way to keep the lipo battery from sliding out the side where the belt is?

Thanks again.
Hope to pass you soon. Lol
Old 12-30-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

And it goes on... Serpent Quality is impressing me more and more...
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 748 200mm nitro onroad kit-image.jpg  
Old 12-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MeClown

1. Is there a special tool I need to adjust the clutch nut to tight or loosen the clutch slip?

3. Is there a better way to keep the lipo battery from sliding out the side where the belt is?

Thanks again.
1 Yb slow has the clutch tool
2 no switch just a pigtail direct plug in mounted like the 977
I just shrink wrapped mine and it doesnt move but made a cover out of 1x1 carbon fiber to cover battery from belt. Would put a pic but dont know how. Send me email and ill send pics
Old 12-31-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MeClown

Thanks again.
1. No not really but it's nice to have one. Hudy/Serpent/arrow max/Xceed all make them.

2. I Never use a switch on a nitro car!

3. The rx pack should be fine on the stock mount. As long as you tape it on securely. Some people use shrinkwrap but I've found pvc tape to be fine.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Start building the TQ...
A happy new year to Switcerland!!!

It's a great family of RC to be a part of, Im just waiting on Andrew to join as well!!! The support here comes from Sydney and our mad goats will keep us going for a while longer!

Dan, let alex know, I am still trying to get all the Serpent footage from the worlds, but there's so much footage, my PC crashes or hangs for a while and Ive wasted countless hours away from renovations and other things. Its my new year resolution to get it done by the end of January and will send off the vision as promised.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

On ya Harry.

Has anyone noticed the lack of clearance between the M3x10 set point screw & the 2 speed bell housing on the new TQ?

It sits a little proud, but looks like it may be OK when the shoes expand, I have thought about give the screw heads a slight linish just to make sure or am I being a little too an@l about it ?
Old 12-31-2014, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by blis

It's a great family of RC to be a part of, Im just waiting on Andrew to join as well!!! The support here comes from Sydney and our mad goats will keep us going for a while longer!

Dan, let alex know, I am still trying to get all the Serpent footage from the worlds, but there's so much footage, my PC crashes or hangs for a while and Ive wasted countless hours away from renovations and other things. Its my new year resolution to get it done by the end of January and will send off the vision as promised.
Hey Harry. Consider him told!! Hope to see you and Luke as part of the team soon!!
Old 12-31-2014, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OldfartWal
On ya Harry.

Has anyone noticed the lack of clearance between the M3x10 set point screw & the 2 speed bell housing on the new TQ?

It sits a little proud, but looks like it may be OK when the shoes expand, I have thought about give the screw heads a slight linish just to make sure or am I being a little too an@l about it ?
I don't use the set screws...
Old 12-31-2014, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis

Harry,

Sorry I will disappoint you on this one. It was a close call before I bought the Mugen late last year which has now moved on as well.

Andrew
Old 01-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I don't use the set screws...
What do you use to keep the 2 shoes of the 2 speed clutch together?

The kit screws are just a little too wide in the head, they just peek out the side when the shoes aren't flared. I'm worried they'll rub on the face of the 2 speed clutch drum.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by OldfartWal
What do you use to keep the 2 shoes of the 2 speed clutch together?

The kit screws are just a little too wide in the head, they just peek out the side when the shoes aren't flared. I'm worried they'll rub on the face of the 2 speed clutch drum.
I didn't face this problem, maybe there were faulty screws in the kit?
You have to screw in totally and screw out 1.5 as basic setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.