just wanted to know if anybody is running a picco .21 engines

i am in the market for a new engine but dont want to spend to much money

max around $250.00

thanks
j
Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im in the same boat that you are but I think im going to go with the p7r evo2. I have the trinity drake and they are very similiar the piston and sleeve are the same and that motor has some great power and run times. It has so much torque for a 7port I use a JP1 and that pipe is great.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Picco was always good to me.Lots of low rpm power & can still sing pretty high as well most important is they run a looonnng time.Not the best run time but I went to another brand looking for run time & got bit by a dud motor.I'm going back to Picco for my race cars & maybe fix the dud for a play or loaner car.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Im currently running a Picco Evo 3 .21. i love it, it has a little more top end than the the Evo 2 and Jammin .21(which is basicly identical to the evo 2) Just make sure you seal the motor and i found you really should run picco plugs. I ran O'ds and a few others. i was replacing plugs left n right, now i've been running a picco plug which has gallon and half on it and working pretty good.
Get a hold of Neal at Clock Works,

pm sent to you

Last edited by Gearhead racer; 10-16-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jammin JPX21 Plus best bang for the buck in .21 engines in my book .

Last edited by nothin special; 10-16-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nothin special
Jammin JPX21 Plus best bang for the buck in .21 engines in my book .

+1
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

The Jammin/Picco .21's are great nitro engines.
I know Maximo got a big order of the Picco Evo3
engines in resently. I think he's still got a few left.
He offers them modded from mild to wild. Check
with him if you want a damn good engine to race
with.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok well I am running my first Picco (Evo2). Originally I was having issues with it. It came with the composite carb, that comes with the Evo3, which from what I hear, is a much better carb, than the original carb. It was new in the box, so I am not sure why it had this carb with it. After fussing with it, I found that the carb slide was sticking after applying the brakes. Long story short, I put my old jammin carb on, and that problem was solved. Next was finding the right pipe. My 1st try was an 086 pipe. wrong choice. NO bottom end. A friend told me a JP1 was a good one. Since I didnt have a JP1, I decided to try an Ofna 063 pipe I had. THAT was the ticket!
Currently I have aluminum Dynamite Max Life shoes, with the 063 pipe, and it runs great! Plenty of bottom end, and still pulls well on top. Run time is not the greatest, but can still manage 7.5-8 minutes on a tank.
I originally had this in my D8 buggy. A couple weeks ago at the Pro-Line Gas Championships @ Thunder Alley, I had engine problems in my Truggy (D8T). Since I was done running buggy, I chose to swap the Picco into my D8T for the A-main. The Picco worked great in the truggy. Enough to get me 6th in the main. I decided it made a good truggy engine, so it is still in there. I have a couple GRP's for the buggy, so until they go, the picco will stay in the truggy.
Even after the issues I had with the picco originally, it turned out to be a great engine. I may try the Evo3 next time. The EVO2 has a few gallons through it, and still has tons of compression, and runs smooth.
Oh yeah... Let the picco get nice and warm before throwing a tune on it. In my experience, this was crucial. Mine runs way rich until it warms up, and gets heat soaked, then it is sweet.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I run a Picco Evo 3 (std. plug) in my X2 truggy with Jammin' JP3 pipe.

Will run 8:55-9:15 depending on track size and conditions; but it's very consistent.

Power is GREAT. Tons of bottom, carb has not been an issue at all, nor has sealing the engine been necessary in any way.

I've run Picco's in the past and this one doesn't disappoint.

If you look around you can find one for around $200 prob.; which is pretty hard to beat.

The new Jammin' engine is worth a look as well. Probably has a tapered needle in the carb now, which should yield a little more mileage and driveability than the std. 'blunt' tipped needle in the Evo 3 (just guessing on that, but I hope they finally made that change since Picco's had the needle available and using it on the 26 sport engines for a while...).
Old 10-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Ive run rb sh nova jp axe go picco os and next going to try werks next year.Im curently running jpx21 plus and like it alot.Have run jammin in the past and think they are bang for the buck.

Last edited by BeefHead; 10-17-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been running the JPX .21 in truggy for two seasons now. I'm on my second one (first was AB modded, this one is stock). Even with a 9886 and a short conical header, they make more than enough bottom end to throw my Losi's around. It's almost too much at times. The top end is also fantastic, especially when modded. In my experience, this engine rarely breaks 220f, and gets decent runtimes (although I haven't been able to hit that magic 10 minute mark, more like 9 min max). I really couldn't be happier for the price.

Longevity is excellent. Maintain it like any other engine, and it will last a long time. Watch the rod, as the pinch from the factory is pretty brutal. I'd recommend replacing the rod after the first couple gallons. Also, like itsshemp mentioned, they can be somewhat cold blooded, so make sure you get them up to temp before you touch the needles.

-Howard
Old 10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

They are very cold blooded you need to get this engine warmed up real good before you try to tune it.Im running ttr2035 pipe on this motor and it is my fav pipe for this engine.Funny thing is i hate this pipe on every engine i have tried it on but this one.This thing rocks with this pipe in a buggy.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have stock of Clockwork modified turbo head EVO 3's ready to go ! PM me for details if interested...
Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo
I have stock of Clockwork modified turbo head EVO 3's ready to go ! PM me for details if interested...
Here's the guy you want to talk to about getting a picco!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I run a picco P7 evo2 in my 808 xray with a JP4 pipe and this things runs very very well for a standard engine, I use a os8 medium plug it holds good tune and I use amain fuel.for the price you are looking at this is probably the only choose.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.