Wiki Posts
Search

MBX to SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default MBX to SC

I want a 1/8 SC, AE seems to be the best choice. Would like to know if Mugen will bring one out or a conversion kit for the MBX. I got som many mugen parts, hate to get rid of my buggy and start over. I converted one to LM and is great. I would like to hear from anyone who my have done their on conversions. Nice to have pics and parts list also.
tom
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

essentially all an sc8 is is a truggy with buggy suspension so look at a truggy chassis
I know someone has done up a kyosho 1/8 sc out of an st-rr
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomH
I want a 1/8 SC, AE seems to be the best choice. Would like to know if Mugen will bring one out or a conversion kit for the MBX. I got som many mugen parts, hate to get rid of my buggy and start over. I converted one to LM and is great. I would like to hear from anyone who my have done their on conversions. Nice to have pics and parts list also.
tom
Theres actually been a few people who he converted the 5 and i think 6 to sc before aswell as late models. Im sure google would be ur friend on images maybe.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tomH
tom
i did it to a 5 a few years ago .... savy front and rear bumper and t-maxx alloy body mounts and thats about it ..and custom lil bits of alloy right-angle with a few holes in it to mount the body mounts to the sup tower.

dont worry about the bodies i have .. at the time the SC bodys were way to price'y in AUS so i just went for revo ones as a lil kinda mugen monster truck .. the savvy bumpers and bash plates line up to the mugen chassis holes so they bolt straight on .. just up the spring rate cos of all the extra weight ..

MBX to SC-05052010221.jpg
MBX to SC-03122010914.jpg
MBX to SC-10122010939.jpg
MBX to SC-10122010937.jpg
MBX to SC-27082010691.jpg