Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What would you like to see from Pro-Line in 1:8 Buggy and Truggy? >

What would you like to see from Pro-Line in 1:8 Buggy and Truggy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you like to see from Pro-Line in 1:8 Buggy and Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Zack@Pro-Line
. I will be sharing all of this information with everyone at our manufacturing facility. Thanks again and I will let you know some feedback from R&D after I show them this!

Ya think you could drop a hint about the pricing structure ?
I know the manufacturing department won't have any say on the matter, but hey you could at least mention it
Old 10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
Tires are certainly my biggest expense for racing, so a price drop for us guys that have to pay for our own tires would be great. Also as mentioned, give us more truggy tire selection in the VTR line-up. Maybe even a slightly narrower truggy tire ( same diameter, but a slightly narrower footprint ) could have potential.

..it's nice to see a manufacturer getting racers' opinions on potential new products, hopefully this thread leads to good things.
+ 1 Same here!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
7. Better QA on tires. Nothing more annoying then having to spend 20 minutes sanding a flat area in the gluing bead. With Proline tires, there is always 1 side that HAS be to cleaned up.
This.

I've glued a lot of PL tires (and others) in the past 15 years of racing.

PL always has been and STILL is the worst about having a mold-booger on the bead. 1/10 truck and 1/8 buggy...always seems to be a PITA flaw on most beads. A quick snip with a pair of lexan scissors usually cures it, but if other brands can CONSISTENTLY mold clean beads then I know PL could be...

On the 1/8 Bulldog bodies...please don't go thicker/heavier. They're thick enough, but re-mold the bed area so it has some reinforcement/support back there and doesn't flex quite as much. Mine has 2+ gallons under race conditions on it and shows no signs of cracking or damage.

Get your std. buggy foam inserts "right". Or just use the EVO black as the std. insert now. I'm sick of running other brand inserts or having to buy more to put into PL tires. The new blue is better than the old gray, but the balance really stinks on them compared to a lot of other options on the market.

A Truggy Recoil would be nice.

I'll admit, now that 2-other major players have entered the 1/8 tire market, I went from running PL almost exclusively...to just about not buying them at all. It's not so much the tread patterns as much as it is the compounds. There are others on the market that offer the same or better grip than M3; but offer MUCH better wear characteristics. This has really been my main reason for searching for other tires. M2 doesn't get the job done and M3 works, but has accelerated wear compared to other M3-comparable compounds.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about making a buggy wheel (tire, foam, wheel) that weighs about 90 grams or under. Low unsprung weight greatly helps handling.

p/s what's wrong with the standard size wheel?

Last edited by topcat-lll; 10-10-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

how about a responce from zach@proline, these all all good ideas
Old 10-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

He did respond just last page.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well Ive read about every post here and I truly appreciate everyones insight on our place in the 1:8 world. I will be sharing all of this information with everyone at our manufacturing facility. This is a great starting point and I am looking forward to hearing more new product ideas as well as things that we can do to better help you! If anyone has any other questions or concerns regarding our products, or info on our products feel free to PM me or send me an E-mail via [email protected].

Thanks again and I will let you know some feedback from R&D after I show them this!

Has Jessica been relieved of her duties ?
Old 10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

I would like to see a wheel designed so gluing is a thing of the past. No screws ether like bead lock wheels.

I have tossed around an idea where the bead is shaped like a Z with a snap in ring to press the bead in place.

Think of it, easy change foams and easy tire changing.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race-Wright
I would like to see a wheel designed so gluing is a thing of the past. No screws ether like bead lock wheels.

I have tossed around an idea where the bead is shaped like a Z with a snap in ring to press the bead in place.

Think of it, easy change foams and easy tire changing.
that would be cool i could just see many races being lossed due to it breaking or just coming unsnapped
Old 10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

True

But I could say the same about glue jobs from the manufactures. Oh and friends that glue tires and lets not forget the pro's that have tires come unglued.

Glue keeps the tires on the wheels becuse of the centrificle forces are so high. Tire companys have contantly worked on to keep tires from balooning. Plastics have come a long way, I think it's posible now to explore this idea.

Nothing is perfect, arms break, motors flame out, etc.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Has Jessica been relieved of her duties ?
I was told from Zack and Daniel that she does not work with the team directly..

And since I am here I guess I will put my input on what I would like to see from PL

1. More truggy tire tread patterns.

2. More consistent foams

3. Lower Prices

4. Sponsorship in many diffrent levels for more wide arrange of racers!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TXRC8racer
I was told from Zack and Daniel that she does not work with the team directly..

Want to Confirm this Zach ?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Integra
Want to Confirm this Zach ?
Jessica is still here, she is helping more on the distribution side of things as well as some CS. I am doing most of the CS duties now and am trying to help in any ways I can with new production possibilities and product/idea demands from our consumers. I am very happy to see the thread grow this quickly and will be in touch later tomorrow after my discussion with R&D!

Thank you once again!

Zack
Old 10-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Do-Over
Stronger Bulldogs.
+1 mine was wrecked after 3-4 weeks of racing

Some astro-turf specific tyres, ready trimmed (a-la Schuey minipins, but with 2-3 rows already removed)
Old 10-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Jessica is still here, she is helping more on the distribution side of things as well as some CS. I am doing most of the CS duties now and am trying to help in any ways I can with new production possibilities and product/idea demands from our consumers. I am very happy to see the thread grow this quickly and will be in touch later tomorrow after my discussion with R&D!

Thank you once again!

Zack

Great to hear Zach, I kinda hate to say this but at the same time Not.....Jessica wasn't the best in the CS dept, She made you feel like it was YOUR fault something went wrong with YOUR product and overall made an A** out of herself when she comes on line and tells us we CANT get our foams wet or there's no warranty.

Granted over time she got better about it, But the initial phone calls i had with her a couple years back gave me a Real sour taste towards your CS dept.

On a side note....Thx for taking the time to read what US the consumer's are actually wanting....Alot of mfg's just go off what their team guys tell them and imo the customer's are who you should be asking what's what for new interesting ideas. I look forward to hearing back from the R&D dept.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.