Wiki Posts
Search

hardware case

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default hardware case

I am looking for a small case that i can put in my tool box so i can organize all of my screws, nuts, and various other tiny parts. i looked at my lowes and found nothing. anyone know where to find them?
Old 12-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Go to Walmart to the Arts and Crafts section. They are called "Craft Mates" and the have a cool locking mechanism so they will not accidentally open. I really like them and they are only $2.97 each. The locking mech. is cool.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/CRAFTMATES-Ref...869963&sr=8-12
Old 12-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

some thing like this

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/fa...gkw=plano&pg=1
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 on the Walmart one, thats the same one I got well ok I got 4 of them. Was using the small tackle box ones from Bass Pro but had to get more and they were cheaper at WallyWorld
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fievel
I am looking for a small case that i can put in my tool box so i can organize all of my screws, nuts, and various other tiny parts. i looked at my lowes and found nothing. anyone know where to find them?
What they said also there are pill organizers with like 7-28 pop open bins for the real small stuff found them for a buck at ace in the dollar bin.fit most screws under an inch.Could probably dremel out a couple dividers and glue the lids for longer parts.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

I go to sportsmart & sports authority type places. In the fishing tackle area they hay big to small,single side & double side,square, round, perma stacked & stackable you should be able some thing that fits your needs.I am on the lookout for storage every where I go,its one of those things that just happens now. I see something thats just alittle bit better than what I had before & its been going on for more than 20 yrs now & theres always always something coming out.

One thing I dont use anymore is the above mentioned induvidual lid containers with the long bar release.The take abuse for a short time then they start opening with a little bump then they dont close securely as the tabs start to wear or the one on the left you want open works fine but you dont see the one on the right has also opened till its too late. IMO they are a nightmare with a fuse.If they work good for you now thats great evrybody has different needs & different expectations for equipment.

Keep on the lookout everywhere you go, theres always something better around the next corner.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Dollar stores have them also.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, there are containers everywhere of different sizes, the Craft mates from Walmart are perfect for screw, bushings, spacers etc. I usaully keep all those organized and separate from parts. They will hold up to a 40mm screw and are radiused on the bottom for easy pickin's of those small items, and the locking device works great. It is not just a snap, it is a bar that crosses the front of each lid, all you do is push the bar and un snap the lid. Take a look before you buy others.

PS. These are not the pill containers. These are in the Craft Section. My mom uses them for beads.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks for the help guys. i am going to head to walmart and check out both the craft and fishing sections. maybe ill find something there, if not i found some at cabelas.com.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

You might give this a look as well.
PDY Systems Lift-N-Lock
(Click on "Hardware" to see one of the vids on the site)
Old 12-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I use plano boxes from OSH for screws, clutch parts, bearings etc.

http://www.planomolding.com/hardware/products.asp

Last edited by Frank L; 12-26-2009 at 10:23 PM.