Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey is the blue aluminum AE shaft worth it?
Old 02-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Weighs nearly twice as much as the composite shaft. So, just run your composite shaft til it breaks, then get the blue one...
Old 02-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

any idea if the input shaft pinion will be in the updated material as well?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

pimpedaccord-where were you this weekend??? huh??? Marysville isnt that far from Cincinnati for the USTC race!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default so sad

man getting help from any of you guys is as bad as asking a team driver SILENCE I'M outta this thread
Old 02-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Hudson I didn't even see it. What was it?
Old 02-24-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any word on the new associated shaft?? I heard they were switching over to an aluminum shaft.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Hey the aluminum shafts been out for a while. Its more for mod and if you break your shaft do to oneway, spool, locked diff and that stiff(i believe)
Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Re: I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT

Originally posted by howard hudson
YO I have seen the light. just ran my TC3 for the first time. I have had the car three years but never ran it . bought it for 100 green backs. and put it on the shelf. only reason I bought it was because it was such a good deal. full graphite kit lots of blue stuff and extra parts ( cant pass that up)
I ran it at a local parking lot race and wow it works a lot better than my losi with less work to get it there. so now the losi is on the shelf.
so tell me how far back do I need to go to find out about the losi front and rear hub conversion's ? and is it worth the conversion for parking lot or is it only good for carpet
I don't know about parking lot setups but the Losi pieces both front and rear will fit right on with little to no modifications. The Losi steering knuckles (I think that is what it is called) will give you more steering throw than the stock associated pieces. Also, the Losi rear hubs will allow more rear toe in options. I hope this helps some.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a photo of the gears, yes they are available to the public under the same part numbers, it's a running change.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-finals-029.jpg  
Old 02-25-2003, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Has anybody tried these new white diff gears yet.

Can you tell what improvements one should expect?

To be honest we have never had any problems with TC3 diffs, but if there's any improvement in performance we will gladly switch to them.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Narrowed chassis rocks!!!

Guys,

I finally ran my Tc3 at a big race with narrowed chassis, etc. and it was so good as the traction came-up. Way better tham when the car was wide. If you havent done that mod yet-you should!!!

Ray

Heres a shot of the last prototype. The production ones look the same-only cleaner as I had done some hand drmel work on this plate before giving it to a machine shop to do.

Batteries moved in 0.5", slots for taping and added cooling, battery box lowered 0.0250", extra wide motor hole and extra cutouts to further lighten.

My car crossed the scales in Cincinnati at 50.00oz with GP batteries taped in. I put my battery bar back ON to make sure I made weight!!!!
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-milled-chassis2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

looks sweet ray, wish i could get my hands on a milling machine. i got to use a mill to do the brace but the rest had to be done with my trusty dremel.

i got to try the servo lowered to sit flush with the bottom of the chassis this weekend and i definately like it, the steering feels more linear and responsive along with batts moved in. the car transitions nice. flex does not seem to be a huge problem in mod either although i may try the warpspeed top deck next time.

ray- i was talking to dumas this weekend and he said you were going to be doing chassis for him, sounds good.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

johnbull,
I believe the gears where designed with the NTC3 in mind more so than the electric TC3. That's where they where having gear issues. The should be stronger & truer than the old plastic. You will eventually get a chance to try them no matter as they replace the originals, another running change, same part numbers.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Narrowed chassis rocks!!!

Originally posted by rayhuang
Guys,

I finally ran my Tc3 at a big race with narrowed chassis, etc. and it was so good as the traction came-up. Way better tham when the car was wide. If you havent done that mod yet-you should!!!

Ray

Heres a shot of the last prototype. The production ones look the same-only cleaner as I had done some hand drmel work on this plate before giving it to a machine shop to do.

Batteries moved in 0.5", slots for taping and added cooling, battery box lowered 0.0250", extra wide motor hole and extra cutouts to further lighten.

My car crossed the scales in Cincinnati at 50.00oz with GP batteries taped in. I put my battery bar back ON to make sure I made weight!!!!
Wow

that milled chassis looks outstanding!!
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.