Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thomas, do you think it would be cool to do a long term review of the truck and post it on here. I was thinking about it and it seems like a cool idea. I race almost every weekend so I could do like a long term durability and reliability test. Does that sound good to everyone?

Last edited by crazy4wdracer; 12-28-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

That would be a great idea.... But I cant make it yet because i only have had one day at the track. But when a have some more test days i will report what i have seen..
Old 12-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I didn't get to do much testing today because my battery charger wasn't working right. But I did get to run for about 10 minutes and the truck handled very well. I just started to run lipo packs in it and it is a rocket. I am killing the nitro truggies and buggies down the straight too. It is jumping very well but when I jump really far it bounces up. Anyone know how to fix this? The good thing is that I didn't bend or break any parts, I was really airing it out over the jumps too and had some really hard and bad landings. I might go out to practice again this thursday night again to do some practicing and some more testing (torture testing) and I will probably race again next saturday and hopefully I will have bettery luck with my charger.
I will be doing the plastic arm conversion soon too and will be painting a new body soon too.

Last edited by crazy4wdracer; 12-29-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

About the bouncing, try to fill a bit thicker oil in the dampers. And if you get to little tracktion try a softer spring. When you have done this things and buttom out when landing after a jump, try to put some spacers on the dampers. Hope you get it right
Old 01-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks
I'll probably be out again tomorrow testing the lightning and my new lipo setup, so stay tuned.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

The truggy ran great last night at the track. I did good in all three qualifiers with no breakage issues and no problems, but 5 minutes into the 10 minute amain the nut came off of where the tie rod goes on to the c-hub (this was my fault because I didn't use loctite) But other than that it ran great. The jumping problem that I had last week was because I was jumpung way too far and was bottoming out.

The lipos in it are awesome, I kill all the gas truggies down the straight and over the jumps, just tap the throttle and the jumps are cleared. Now that I got my charger right and got more track time I got more used to the way that the truck handled with the much lighter batteries. It jumped much better with the lighter batteries too. It jumped pretty level too and sometimes I would go too far over the jumps and bottom out. I will probably put the hot bodies plastic arms on it to make it lighter and jump better and be even faster than it was before. I will also put the shock towers on it from the new Lightning Stadium 2 Pro Truggy for better mounting positions and more shock angles. These are the only mods that I think I will need for a while at least. I have just about all the other mods done to it already. Since I will be upgrading to the Lightning 2 Pro shock towers I will need to get the new 2 Pro body because the stock body is not wide enough. I could also upgrade to a losi lst body or a kyosho str body.

I am very happy with the truggy so far. I have only broken two parts; a right front c-hub and a left rear shock bottom. These both broke about three months ago. The c-hub broke when I hit a tire at full speed and the shock end broke when I went runaway off the back straight. IO have had the truggy since September 2007 and have raced it and liked it ever since.

That's all for this week, more info to come next week.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

I am now looking to buy a used LSP Truggy that is nitro because I can't race my brushless truggy at big races. I also have my jato to trade. I am looking to but a roller, RTR or whatever. If anyone has one for sale or knows someone that has one for sale or someone has one for sale please let me know.
Thanks
Old 01-12-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Why dont buy the new version of it? Lightning Staduim 2 pro.
Then you dont have to make the upgrades. Unfortunately the wether here in denmark hasnt been the best so i havnt tested so much, so I cant say much about the car yet
Old 01-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

any news when the stadium 2pro is coming out or if it is out how much it is or will be?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

I have tons of upgrades in my old lsp as it is and I just don't have the money to buy the new version. I'm looking to buy a nitro lsp to race at big events this summer like some rcproseries races and other big races because my brushless truggy isn't legal to run in the bigger races. So I'm just going to take my time and find a nice used lsp and throw a force .26 in it and let it rip in some big races. Right now I'm trying to sell my jato to get the money to buy a used lsp or trade it for one.

I can't do any testing today because there is no racing at my local track. But I was driving my lsp on tuesday night and I was pulling wheelies on cement and scraped the wing up a bit.

Dave_x8: The Lightning Stadium 2 Pro is already out but I can't find an online shop that has it though.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone know what other wheel nuts will fit on the hot bodies truggies? My friend has a bunch of wheel nuts for his ofna buggy, will those work? If not, I will order hot bodies ones tomorrow.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks crazy4wdracer, keep us posted when you find out a price
Old 01-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

I couldn't find the stadium 2 pro on any of the online hobby shops.
I would guess that they cost around $450-$500 though, the lightning stadium pro-r sold for about $400-$450. I just saw the Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro-R on www.amainhobbies.com for $299 and the Lightning Stadium Pro for $349 though.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

I will be getting a Hot Bodies Lightning Pro Buggy for this summer to race at some big races this summer. I can't race my truggy in the big races because it is electric. I have always wanted a buggy so I will be racing it for the big races. I will probably be reviewing it like I reviewed the Hot Bodies LSP-R. I should be getting one in a week or two.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

well done on finding the LSP, i dont think i need anymore trucks, the dominator is running sweet, and i still gotta fix the clutch in my LST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.