Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TTKDracing
Oh man look at what i started..

lol
all good fun!!! as long as it stays that way
Old 04-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man what ever happened to plug and play electric vehicles?

Seriously I do like electric side of 1:8 scale buggies.
If I had another 2k to spend on one I would, but it would have to be all top o the line stuff and not Chinese cheap stuff.
High dollar tekin or LRP combo- Check
high dollar roller-Check
high dollar charger-check
high dollar servo-check
high dollar m11x-check
high dollar batteries-check
high dollar bio hazard suit-check
high dollar bio hazard tongs and toxic chemical barrels-check
fire extinguisher-check
cheap vehicle to get them to the track(just in case a lipo catches on fire while driving and charging)( so my 500 dollar beater wont be such a bad loss)-check

Patent to make an electric sound exactly like a nitro, so that I wont throw the electric buggy off to the side of the track when it flipped on it's lid in the A-Main, and have the driver and announcer yell at me to THROW IT ON THE TRACK ITS ELECTRIC!!-Priceless.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nitro for one reason....the sound
Old 04-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
high dollar bio hazard suit-check
high dollar bio hazard tongs and toxic chemical barrels-check
fire extinguisher-check
cheap vehicle to get them to the track(just in case a lipo catches on fire while driving and charging)( so my 500 dollar beater wont be such a bad loss)-check

Well arent you Mr. Safety.....sounds like electric RC's scare you a bit.

Never mind the exhaust fumes coming inside the interior from the cracked manifold of your $500 beater. Or the spillage of nitro onto your pants when your filling your buggy.

I bet you're one of those guys that wear safety glasses when you're mowing your lawn, correct?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neobart
Oh the cost of nitro is a big reason I dropped it. 50-60$ a gallon, 10$ for a glowplug, the constant upkeep of clutch shoes and clutch bearings. Plus a 50$ lipo get's me a lot more stick time than a gallon of fuel ever did.

But yeah, in a perfect world I would also be running nitro.
I didn't know that clockwork does electric.? I'm gonna have to bust Neal's chops...!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cloud9graffix
Nitro for one reason....the sound
Yeah the sound a big block chevy with a solid camshaft thru open headers.....rumpity rumpity rump........oh.

Wait, you're talking about the high pitched squeal of a tiny 2 stroke....yea thats..........real cool too.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Yeah the sound a big block chevy with a solid camshaft thru open headers.....rumpity rumpity rump........oh.

Wait, you're talking about the high pitched squeal of a tiny 2 stroke....yea thats..........real cool too.
You just dont get it
Old 04-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
You just dont get it
Oh I get it it all right....

I've had cars with built engines before....SBC's w/3" exhaust.
Right now my performance vehicle is an 08 BKing (Hayabusa engine) with a set of Yosh mufflers.

I'm all about the sound.....just not that sound.

Really, it doesnt matter to me....I'm not gonna change and neither are you.

These little "discussions" we have now and then keep it interesting. If we were ALL nitro or electric, then it'd be a pretty boring place.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

I'm just happy I have options, that means I could have twice the fun. They're both good n both have some downsides, they give me different highs.

Nitro: sounds and vibrations feels good, the challenges of tuning(nothing feels better when u get it right), more motorsport feel(engine revs like an f1 car)

Electric: more of a futuristic approach, get ready to learn a lot about batts(can apply to countless other apps.) clean n fast, ppl that enjoys computer stuff will like this, no need to look for a pit guy.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slimsh8t
I didn't know that clockwork does electric.? I'm gonna have to bust Neal's chops...!
When it comes to nitro, Neal is most definitely the man. If I get the funds to run two classes again, you can be sure there will be clocked mill in whatever I run.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Nitro all the way for me. I don't care how fast, electric just doesn't do it for me. Smoke, screaming RPM's, etc.. Nitro is just exhilerating in a way that elo can never be - for me anyway..

Also, for all those who gave up on nitro cuz they thought it was too difficult or fiddly, my $.02 - Mach 427 with Fioroni clutch.. Cheap and as low hassle as anything in this whole hobby.. I love my Mach - whether in buggy, truggy, MT, SC, onroad GT, racing or bashing.. It just lets me run my stuff without worrying about settings or how much I spent on it...

I'm going to make a shrine to my one silver Mach when it dies. Ran it first in my Muggy, then raced it in a Hyper ST, then in an RC8 buggy, then RC8T truggy, and now it's in my DM-1. Must be three years old and I lost count how many gallons. Re-pinched a half gallon ago or so...

Not trying to start a "which-engine" argument among nitro folks by any stretch either. Just saying, for me having such a cheap low-hassle engine has played a big part in sealing my nitro-addiction ha ha... The RIDICULOUSLY low-hassle Fioroni clutch is part of it too for sure.. Neobart I'm still running yours...

Here's that Mach in my RC8 probably 2 1/2 years ago:

http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV06403.mp4

Ran the same engine and clutch in my DM-1 yesterday, and it was super great..
Old 04-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dunno, I went through 3 glow plugs today, starter went flat, just a shitty day all round. If I had a electric, charge lipo, your done! Would have saved 30 bucks! I love the sound as well but geez, they are very temperamental, thinking of converting my 8T to Electric and putting my rustler gear in it!!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

@ Herrsavage

Tell me more about that motor combo? I would LOVE to find an engine that doesnt need to be tuned all day long and doesnt blow glow plugs all day either.
I would be happy with nitro with a easy tune motor!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Champion

Well, first let me stress I don't want to get into a "which engine?" argument. But, speaking for MYSELF, this setup has been just brilliant:

Silver Mach 427 (stock 8t and earlier Losi buggy and Muggy engine..)with closed backplate for starterbox(removing Spinstart backplate removes one potential hassle factor - a slipping one-way bearing..), Fioroni slider clutch, OS A5 plug, and most any pipe really.. Stock cheapo Losi RTR pipe works great..

The silver Mach is not legal for buggy racing btw. Obviously serious racers will opt for higher-end race engines and know what's what, so I'm not talking to them. More to the beginner end of the spectrum that wants a low-hassle nitro setup, or to electric guys who gave up on nitro cuz they thought it was a hassle... If only most of these guys hadn't started with Traxxas 3.3's ha ha...(from what I hear.. Never had one...)

By all accounts a Werks B5 is probably even better than the Mach, and not too much more expensive.. Very possibly my next engine...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.