Community
Wiki Posts
Search

not a noobie to the game

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Default not a noobie to the game

what going on forum... i have been into RC cars since i was 13 years old. I have a RC10GT with the tub chassis...( i think its the sport cause it came with the pull start) I just need to be updated on the the rc10gt cause it seems like alot has changed since i have been away from the hobby. I was thinking mabe i wouldn't be able to find parts for it cause its a old rc10gt. One more thing im looking for a strong .12 motor. The hobby shop was telling me to run a .18 but i know nothing about them. The only thing i know is that when i was in the hobby the big motors like those where for 1/8 scales.

Last edited by hares1370; 02-01-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

parts should be easy to find. as for motors what are your intentions race or bash? and what kinda budget
Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Initiate

i wont be racing its really just something to go race my friends at some local tracks.... i really want the power to clear the bigger jumps at my track. The engine on my car now is a dynamite 12spd. i can spend like 300 if i need too...ill pretty much take new or used.... used would be good so that i wont have to tune it in all
Old 01-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

well if your gonna be on a track ideally you dont want anything larger than a .15. the .18 will fit no problem but it only bein 2wd it will be to hard to put the power down. i have had the spd and it was a great lil engine. not the most powerful but really easy to drive and you will be able to clear pretty much any jump. if you want someting a lil more pepy id look into the picco jl .12.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Engines-En...duct_info.html

that lil monster is beast. itll get you over anything you want, and still get decent runtimes as your stuck with a 75cc cell. you will need a diffrent header so 4 about 200 bucks you will have a bad lil setup that you can bash or whip your buddies on the track and not struggle to keep under control.
do a ebay search for picoo .12 7 port. for bout 125 bucks including the price of a header thats a screamer also. os 12tz and the novarossi 12s are extremely nice but for what your lokin to do not practical.

NEW or USED you will have to tune. no way around it. new is your best be just go to the engine thread and look up the break in bible. really easy to do an yeilds a strong long lasting motor.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks man...I was also looking at a trinity picco .12 as well..... that mototr that I have now has not been turned to the max so I don't know how strong it is