Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

im just confused on what i want to do.i dumped about 75 bucks this past weekend in r/c.dousnt really sound like much but it is when you struggle not spending 75 period.
i dont want to quit racing...but it seems as if everytime i run that damn car it breaks...and when that happens it sucks ass....lol

after that said ed you are right...no tires i had were working at all this past weekend....went from one-way to diff and to be honest i think i liked the one-way better....with the diff it seemed to want to pull to the left when under acceleration.

hhmmmm............maybe its the car maybe not...dont think i want to run it anymore actually....

deifantely dont have the money to purchase yet another 4wd.

i was going to get some 2wd buggy stuff from a friend for a real good deal...plus its a when i have the xtra money i can hook him up type of deal.but that would be something else i would be dropping lute into.

i think is what i might do is sell off the 4wd buggy...sell some other things off and maybe get another touring car...and maybe do a once in a month race at altoona......and i say that because the winter is when i will more than likely be really broke.....i have that set-up to where i have oil heat.....hot water base board...but oil hot water as well.....heck i have been spending just about 50 a week just to keep hot water here...

so its not so much that car is to why i want to quit...its running the car and breaking it that pisses me off cause it costs to much to fix it.....loland with the financial resposibilities here its tuff for me to keep the shit maintained....ya dig....?

well someday i will c-ya all in the future...

peece out,

matt
Old 07-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Roeder, I need all the help I can Get!!!

Sam - congrats and best of luck! Possibly I'll see you sunday afternoon.

Everyone, thanks for racing!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

I'll be there as well, probably early! Got my MAX AMPS battery Monday for the B-44------THANK YOU RACE STATION------Fast Eddie and I got it tuned in and ready to rippppppp!!!!! I plan on practicing with the scale as well!

Doug, I'm impressed............a post per beer......must have been a loooooong night!!!!!!

Sammy, can you bring your set-up board for scale. I will bring your drill bits with me!
Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

PROFESSOR

What is anti-squat and what does it affect?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Oh, thats an easy one. Anti-squat refers to the period of time it takes before you remove unessary #2 shims or other parts from your rear end. You are in the process of anti-squating if you know you got to make an adjustment but for any number of reasons fail to do so.

Its always best to stop anti-squating the night before the race or in the morning before you leave. You can do it during the race, provided, there are facilities AND you have the time.

But if you wait until after the race, you'll just be miserable all day and your performance will have undoubtedly sufferred.

Dont let that happen to you!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed237
Oh, thats an easy one. Anti-squat refers to the period of time it takes before you remove unessary #2 shims or other parts from your rear end. You are in the process of anti-squating if you know you got to make an adjustment but for any number of reasons fail to do so.

Its always best to stop anti-squating the night before the race or in the morning before you leave. You can do it during the race, provided, there are facilities AND you have the time.

But if you wait until after the race, you'll just be miserable all day and your performance will have undoubtedly sufferred.

On the contrary Mr.Tooth, I do believe anti-squat refers the the way you remove the #1 shim. The first and fore most important person in the house must remove the #1 shim in the anti-squat position, if you remove the #1 shim in the squating position then you are either to drunk to perform the task in the in the anti-squat position (which usually results in no racing that day or the following), or you had the wrong parts to begin with!
Old 07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Damn, it sounds like the "off" weekend will be jumpin down there. Wish I could go. I am the Don Schumacher of PA....I just stocked up on so much %30 I could open a hobby store
Old 07-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

brent,
are you still interested in the m8 i have?

lmk,
matt
Old 07-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Check out what I was up to today.........

http://www.go211.com/videos/7511
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I thought I was having a rough day until I saw that. So is the pain gone or is your back just numb or both?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Well, after the shot settles in, it controls inflamation. So its like injecting a bunch of advil right at the site. I'm crossing my fingers that like in the past, the pain can fade away.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ed237

ED, you are wrong. Anti-squat is defined as:

anti-squat, anit-squating, anti-squater, anti-squated
1. to limit sitting in a low or crouching position with the legs drawn up closely beneath or in front of the body during an act of defecation; sit on one's haunches or heels during a defecation process as to not have contact between your ass and the surface.
2. to crouch down or cower as an animal defecating in the front yard resulting in no contact with the ground surface.

Used in a sentence:

In an emergency maneuver after some beers and Caesar wings, Ed had to anti-squat in the eagle to avoid sitting on the rim shot left by another user.

iCeNuTz
Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
ED, you are wrong. Anti-squat is defined as:

anti-squat, anit-squating, anti-squater, anti-squated
1. to limit sitting in a low or crouching position with the legs drawn up closely beneath or in front of the body during an act of defecation; sit on one's haunches or heels during a defecation process as to not have contact between your ass and the surface.
2. to crouch down or cower as an animal defecating in the front yard resulting in no contact with the ground surface.

Used in a sentence:

In an emergency maneuver after some beers and Caesar wings, Ed had to anti-squat in the eagle to avoid sitting on the rim shot left by another user.

iCeNuTz
You guys are a trip!! I don't even race offroad but I come to this thread for the entertainment value. Bob
Old 07-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

OK Gixx, I am breaking up with you. I called you on Saturday to find out who was winning the race and you never even called me back. I suspected you have been cheating on me, and now I know it to be true. Good bye and good riddance.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Check out what I was up to today.........

http://www.go211.com/videos/7511
dang tom...thats ruff bro...

sometimes i wonder if i need something done like that for my back...

take it easy man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.