Community
Wiki Posts
Search

getting back into nitro racing ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default getting back into nitro racing ??

hey guys ive been out of the seen a few years now after loosing a job and selling my rc.as yopu can see i use to have a verry nice 8t roller that i had to much money in and i loved that truggy but i had to sell it with the rest of all my rc stuff.well im just wanting to get cought up on wats the newest and best out again .i see they have came out with a 8t2 now that looks pretty sweet.just wondering wat you guys opinions are with this truggy and outhers out now.im totaly blind to rc now.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ericspainter
hey guys ive been out of the seen a few years now after loosing a job and selling my rc.as yopu can see i use to have a verry nice 8t roller that i had to much money in and i loved that truggy but i had to sell it with the rest of all my rc stuff.well im just wanting to get cought up on wats the newest and best out again .i see they have came out with a 8t2 now that looks pretty sweet.just wondering wat you guys opinions are with this truggy and outhers out now.im totaly blind to rc now.
Losi 8T 2.0 = DIALED.

Mugen 6T is cool to.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I'd consider the Losi 8T 2.0, Mugen MBX6T, Kyosho ST-RR and the Associated RC8T FT. They are all excellent platforms, with slightly different characteristics and all capable of podium finishes.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Prophet

well, il say this if you want a truggy that has all the upgrades already on it and its very tuneble than i would remmend a rc8t champ ed the cheapest place i found it at is www.discountrcstore.com for $479 plus free shipping.

i, have a eight-t 1.0 to i ran it all last year but im upgradeing to something else and there is the hint that i gave you than i will be getting !
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

you will be amazed when you drive that Losi 2.0T right out of the box, it's amazing.......Losi hands down IMO.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I own both the 8ight-T 2.0 and Mugen MBX6T. My favorite of the two if the Mugen. But the Losi is a solid unit. The parts quality on the Mugen is amazing. No sloppy parts. One thing the Losi has is the A-Arms on this unit are probably the toughest I have seen. The Mugen does turn better. The way the Jump are both solid.

If you do get a Mugen MBX6T the chop shops on Ebay are amazing and you can save a massive amount of money. I got a complete diff for $30, four shocks for $35, complete radio box $7. You have to be patient though, it took me a couple months to get these deals. I could of actually built the truggy cheaper buying the parts on eBay.

In the end both trucks are great. Get the truck you will have the best parts support with.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

I don't run truggy, but I can confirm the Losi vs Mugen thing. I ran the Losi buggy and since June the mbx6 and the quality of the Mugen is better. Both are great cars, but I like mugen better.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Prophet

il, ask this what brand runs at your local track or a track close to you i notice its usually just losi / associated 1/8 truggys and buggys at most club tracks.

i, mean at my track during the outdoor season all i see there are a daily basis is losi and associated truggys with a few mugens and hot bodies and a tamiya but not though the whole season.

im, just asking that because its good to have setup help and parts if people at your track run them.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The 8t 2.0 is a nice setup. I won't go over the top and tell you its the best out there but alot of guys run them (myself included) and have had great luck with them in the past. If i had to do it all over again i'd go with the losi, but thats me.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Losi is good. But my personal favs are Hot Bodies and Mugen.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Prophet

im smelling a little losi bias on here
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

losi all the way. Alltho i have seen good things out of the mugen as well.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys for your info.i dnt now wat is running at track now since i havent been in about 2 yers.i like all of them but my eye is on the hotbodie dx8t.manly for price.ive read through this fourm and they seem pretty solid but i didnt read all 300 pages ya no.i like the mugens to and i loved my losi 8t i had.are there any pro cons to these three?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ericspainter
thanks guys for your info.i dnt now wat is running at track now since i havent been in about 2 yers.i like all of them but my eye is on the hotbodie dx8t.manly for price.ive read through this fourm and they seem pretty solid but i didnt read all 300 pages ya no.i like the mugens to and i loved my losi 8t i had.are there any pro cons to these three?

i, never driven a d8t but i have asked questions about them on the "hot bodies d8t" tread on here and the only thing they really said you need is a alum servo horn and some upgraded axles but they dint say there a must though.

take, a look at the "associated rc8t champ ed" the odds of it your track has guys running them more than one proberty .

this go on www.teamassociated.com and click on their car page.

you, can get for $479 at discountrcstore.com with free shipping and a dam nice truggy and its adjustble out of the box and it has all the upgrades .

i havnt heard much bad things about it at all even guys i talked to at the track says its good.

there is a tread on here for the rc8t on the nitro forum.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool ill read more into this one thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.