Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE CORR truck?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dont think there will be any comparison to the traxxas.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I dont think there will be any comparison to the traxxas.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK Rick, simple "yes" or "no":

Does the SC8 use the same rear shocks as either the RC8 or RC8T?

gotta be able to answer something that vague
Old 08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile
OK Rick, simple "yes" or "no":

Does the SC8 use the same rear shocks as either the RC8 or RC8T?

gotta be able to answer something that vague
In basic design. But I can't comment about length or diameter. I don't know what the truck will be equipped with.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

d'ohhhh he STILL manages to sidestep around the info I'm looking for
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

d'ohhhh he STILL manages to sidestep around the info I'm looking for

Yes it does.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

so if I am reading this correctly...it has SHOCKS
Old 08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by genesisG4
so if I am reading this correctly...it has SHOCKS
maybe
Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

I've got this faint glimmer of hope the truck has a solid rear axle. If it's straight off an RC8 chassis there should be some HUGE shock towers coming out of the back of the bed, or the truck has some really short rear shocks. But if the rear shocks were the same length as the ones for an RC8, I'd have to assume they're tucked up in the front of that bedcage. That'd make for some really nasty shock geometry on a 1/8th Buggy suspension, but PERFECT for mounting to a pair of trailing arms.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've got this faint glimmer of hope the truck has a solid rear axle. If it's straight off an RC8 chassis there should be some HUGE shock towers coming out of the back of the bed, or the truck has some really short rear shocks. But if the rear shocks were the same length as the ones for an RC8, I'd have to assume they're tucked up in the front of that bedcage. That'd make for some really nasty shock geometry on a 1/8th Buggy suspension, but PERFECT for mounting to a pair of trailing arms.
No one is going to make a 1/8 truck with a 4 link. It would be horrible in scale, and a ton of extra weight.

This is going to be an basic RC8 with special wheels and some plastic roll bar and bumpers on it. They are not going to reinvent the wheel here. It may use RC8 front shocks all around and have a special rear tower. It is not going to need as much suspension travel as a buggy.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Ya don't know if ya don't try. And since this is the verge of what could possibly be the next biggest thing since the T-Maxx, I'd think now would be the perfect time to reinvent the wheel.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ya don't know if ya don't try. And since this is the verge of what could possibly be the next biggest thing since the T-Maxx, I'd think now would be the perfect time to reinvent the wheel.
It will be too expensive, and not have the mass appeal of the TMaxx. No reverse, no 2 speed, etc. This is still a "race" oriented car. The Traxxas gas 4wd version of the Slash will kill the sc8 in sales, and it will be the benchmark.

Remember, 1/8 truck was already done 10 years ago by Kyosho and it failed.

I do agree that the next big thing in RC will be scale realism, (like when touring car took off in the mid 90s) but the SC8 will be off the mark in terms of popularity. 1/10 scale always wins more marketshare because of its lower price point.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

It is difficult to scale down full size suspension into a package that works in R/C cars. Even scale appearing vehicles are much faster and deal with much harsher terrain. If were racing on scale terrain, the trucks would never get more than a foot off the ground off a 6 inch jump (all approximated). And they would only go 10MPH (tops). If this was the case, many more suspension possibilities could and would be utilized.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

We do know, it was tried on many a Tamiya vehicle (Hornet, Grasshopper), it sucked. They worked great for their intended purpose (entry level fun/basher) but somewhere earlier in this thread Rick alluded to "higher performance". Sit and stew in the excitement I'm sure they'll show us everything when it's ready to go.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Suspended

, but PERFECT for mounting to a pair of trailing arms.
they tried it in the original JRX2, it didn't work as well as intended and they eventually went back to H-arms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.