Community
Wiki Posts
Search

truggy or buggy?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ele_to_nitro
they are expensive but if you go to http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...&filter_mfr=62 you can get them cheaper then at losi or any other brands site. i sugest this site highly

amain isnt.. bad but there are sites that are cheaper but a 2.0 b or the 2.0 t rtr is a good price for it i was just talking about the 2.0 b and 2.0 t rollers.

but if you have lhs i would try to buy it there to support them.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you can post some links maybe i can get one sooner
Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you plan on racing do not get an RTR, you will spend more money in the long run, with new servos (a must for any RTR), a better engine, better pipe, upgrades, etc... if you get a kit you'll learn how every single thing works and all, highly recommend for beginners... also HB only makes kits... if you must go with RTR, the only one thats decent is the Losi one, Associated is ok but its old, the older buggy and truggy is used and needs up grades just to make it track worth really, mainly shocks, which arent cheap.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
if you plan on racing do not get an RTR, you will spend more money in the long run, with new servos (a must for any RTR), a better engine, better pipe, upgrades, etc... if you get a kit you'll learn how every single thing works and all, highly recommend for beginners... also HB only makes kits... if you must go with RTR, the only one thats decent is the Losi one, Associated is ok but its old, the older buggy and truggy is used and needs up grades just to make it track worth really, mainly shocks, which arent cheap.
Well said! After that I am almost certain that whenever I buy the buggy or truggy that it will be a kit. The only concern I have is since there are so many options for the radios, engines, servos ect. that I will get overwelmed. One of my only faults is that I always have to be ahead and I always have to have the best system combo what ever that money can buy and thenvi run out of money. So the longterm payment isn't a concern the imediate buy is the concern I have.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Well said! After that I am almost certain that whenever I buy the buggy or truggy that it will be a kit. The only concern I have is since there are so many options for the radios, engines, servos ect. that I will get overwelmed. One of my only faults is that I always have to be ahead and I always have to have the best system combo what ever that money can buy and thenvi run out of money. So the longterm payment isn't a concern the imediate buy is the concern I have.

well you can get away with just getting a speckum radio for around $100 to
$200 .

i would, get a rc8t champ ed or a hb d8t i would tell you to get a 2.0 t but by the time your done getting servos , starter box, engine ,pipe and a couple of must need upgrades also its almost $1000.

discount r/c is the cheapest for the rc8t champ ed and d8t.

now if money isnt a issue than get the 2.0 t or 2.0 buggy roller.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

Buggies fly higher than Truggy's.

Nuff said.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Who has an opinion on big block engines for the team associated comp Ed truggy I was thinking a .25 in the mid 3 horsepower range!?
Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Who has an opinion on big block engines for the team associated comp Ed truggy I was thinking a .25 in the mid 3 horsepower range!?

if you, want to race stick with the .21 sport or race engines take a look at rb and nova engines or just go with a dynamite .21 mach 2 engine.

thats easy, to break in and do run good without a perfect tune but they dont last longer than 3 gallons but there around $150 or cheaper.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you are just starting out don't be afraid to start with the rtr's from losi. Lots of people are competitive with them at the local club level, the difference between the rtr and race roller isn't really anything to be concerned with at least right now. You can often find them for cheap here or on ebay this time of year. If you do go the route of a kit just know that they don't come with alot of things you'll need, such as: engine, tuned pipe, rx/tx, battery and in some cases wheels. You can buy race rollers here cheap as well just keep an eye out in the buy/sell section.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A good .21 engine is all you need. No need for a larger displacement, the race tuned .21 engines put out just as much power. Don't be afraid to try a Go Engine, they are one of the best available and very reasonably priced.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i have had nothing but problems with spektrum radios/modules and receivers... i will never run anything other than Airtronics now because i have yet to have any issues with them. spektrum, you cant get the radio close to the buggy/truggy with out the servos twitching (had a few spektrum radios) but the with airtronics i have never had that problem.... you can buy a MX-3X for 160 on amain and it works perfect and has the newest technology airtronics offers.

on engines, ive owned RB, GRP, Jammin JPX, STS, OS, Nova, Alpha and Odonnell... ran a bunch of others also. RB is ok but they kinda seem to have faded on performance and all, the older ones were awesome. GRP is the best engine ive owned but they no longer make them (TQ racing engines are the same, they have to many problems with carbs) the JPX is awesome, holds a tune forever but it has crazy power, to much for buggy imo, but mine has 9 gallons on it and im still runing it. the STS is ok but doesnt last. OS are good but personally i dont like them, need to be repinched around 5 gallons. nova are great engines, plus 4 has great power and great run time. the Alpha engine is cheap (200) and last a long time and holds a tune but it runs hot, a pain to break in and has a different tune compared to other engines. the OD engine is probably the best buggy engine ive ever owned, very smooth, easy to tune, easy to break in, holds a tune for a long time etc. its very similar to the OS V-spec power wise but lasts longer IMO.

Last edited by jmaxey51; 11-15-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

what about servos? opinions? with all the info so far i am at $946.95 with
AIR90225 - Airtronics MX-3X 2.4 Ghz FHSS-3 Competition Pistol Grip Radio w/92744 Receiver
$159.99 $159.99
DeleteDelete ASC80912 - Team Associated RC8T Factory Team Championship Edition Truggy Kit
Note: This item is not eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping
$519.99 $519.99
DeleteDelete ODOG5010 - O'Donnell Super Sport .21 Off-Road Competition Engine
$199.98 $199.98
DeleteDelete TTR2409 - Thunder Tiger 1/10 & 1/8 Pro Starter Starter Box

from amain
Old 11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

to be honast i love both, buggy and truggy, but i have a buggy and like em better
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Prophet

what about servos? opinions? with all the info so far i am at $946.95 with
AIR90225 - Airtronics MX-3X 2.4 Ghz FHSS-3 Competition Pistol Grip Radio w/92744 Receiver
$159.99 $159.99
DeleteDelete ASC80912 - Team Associated RC8T Factory Team Championship Edition Truggy Kit
$519.99 $519.99
DeleteDelete ODOG5010 - O'Donnell Super Sport .21 Off-Road Competition Engine
$199.98 $199.98
DeleteDelete TTR2409 - Thunder Tiger 1/10 & 1/8 Pro Starter Starter Box

from amain

well i run a hitec 7954 sh servo for the steering on the truggy i know theres a 7954 titatuim geared one also for $100 and has great specs .

theres no need to spend over that .

and for a throttle servo i would remmend a diginal servo thats around $100 thats around 160 oz of torque or more.

you can get the rc8t champ ed for around $480 at discount hobbys thats the cheapest. thats where im going to get my at during the winter time

as for a engine take a look at a nova .21 bf but since thier itatian engines they are hard to break in.
so like jmaxy was saying look at the alpha engines

as for the starter box i heard a lot of people on here saying that the ofna blue box with 775 motors is really good.

as for a radio get a speckum dx3 radio so you dont have radio channel problems.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.nitrorcx.com/jateinnien2f.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.