Wiki Posts
Search

LRP ZR 21X

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default LRP ZR 21X

I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been more of a buzz around this engine. I picked up the January issue of Xtreme RC Cars and based on the bench test, this thing looks like a beast--better performance numbers that an OS SPEED almost everywhere, but it's an unmodded engine.

More info can be had here:

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/nitro-...r21-x/details/

Does anyone here run this mill? I'd love to hear more about it.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motor

You can get the new Picco EVO 3 Buggy motor at Nitro House and A Main for $249 and it is just about the same motor. It's a Picco so you might get 8 or 9 min on a tank if your tune is good, for $350 you can get motors that get 10+ min on a tank and that is what you pay big money for.
Attached Thumbnails LRP ZR 21X-ofn51216.jpg  
Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its the new hp king!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
You can get the new Picco EVO 3 Buggy motor at Nitro House and A Main for $249 and it is just about the same motor. It's a Picco so you might get 8 or 9 min on a tank if your tune is good, for $350 you can get motors that get 10+ min on a tank and that is what you pay big money for.
You can't go around claiming that is basicly an Evo3 because the engine is made by picco and has similar specs.
The ZR 21X, CRF and Evo3 are not the same i can't say if the it's 100 dollars better than the Picco but both the Orion and the LRP engines definetly make more top end power than the EVO3.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gameholic2
You can't go around claiming that is basicly an Evo3 because the engine is made by picco and has similar specs.
The ZR 21X, CRF and Evo3 are not the same i can't say if the it's 100 dollars better than the Picco but both the Orion and the LRP engines definetly make more top end power than the EVO3.
You are right, I said they are just about the same not the same but I bet if you took that $100 you save and send the EVO 3 out to a good mod guy you probably get a motor that is better than the LRP. I have seen the LRP and Evo 3 run and if you can tell the faster one than you are good.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The LRP and Jammin JPX 21 are nearly identical...the Picco EVO 3 has higher sleeve timing as it has a shim under the sleeve...the LRP and jammin do not..... I will bet money the stock Jammin JPX 21 is just as fast as that LRP !
Old 01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
The LRP and Jammin JPX 21 are nearly identical...the Picco EVO 3 has higher sleeve timing as it has a shim under the sleeve...the LRP and jammin do not..... I will bet money the stock Jammin JPX 21 is just as fast as that LRP !
But the dyno charts are different, brah!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Do the LRP/Jammin' or the Picco share any commonality with the Orion CRF?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MadRussian
But the dyno charts are different, brah!
JPX 21 has never been dynoed from XRC.. So i wouldnt be so sure about that !
Old 01-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by captain america
Do the LRP/Jammin' or the Picco share any commonality with the Orion CRF?
Yes, they share the same sleeve, same piston, same rod, same sleeve timing, same head button, same case volume, same carb..the only real signifigant difference is the crankshaft and a slight crankshaft timing adjustment...the CRF uses more crank timing then the JPX does.... The JPX and LRP will share all the identical internals, same everything...the only place you may find some differences is in the crank timing... Hell not even all the jammin's and P7's share the same timing, Picco seems to do running changes on timing all the time... What I do know is Picco has been using a X-Dyno to develope their latest engines, which likely has a part in why their latest offerings are making such good power....... A Picco P7R EVO3 also shares all the same internals, however Picco has installed a spacer shim under the sleeve to raise its timing slightly, other then that change its the same engine as the EVO 2...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

so whats the best temp to run these motors at? i heard they like 240-250, and i heard the grp motors like to be run at 190-210, yes i tune by smoke but just want a baseline on what temp you guys are running these lrp at, and what pipe??? and run time are you guys getting out of these lrp 21x motors in a buggy?
Old 01-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Old 01-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Smile lrp .21

hi people
i own ONE LRP.21
TWO NINJAS .21-
TWO VSPEC EB MODS .21

WHAT CAN I SAY ABOUT THE LRP.21 ITS A GOOD ENGINE HAS A LOT OF POWER TIMING IS ABOUT 7 TO 8 MINUTES NO MORE THAN THAT HE LIKES TO DRINK GAS JEJE I USE THE TEAM ASSOCIATED PIPE ON IT I LIKE THE POWER ITS MORE POWERFULL THAN THE NINJA ITS NOT THE VSPEC EB MODS THE POWER OF THE EB ITS SPECIAL I NEED TO HAVE MORE TIME SETING THE LRP DEPENDS OF THE WEATHER THE O.S ENGINES AND THE NINJAS ARE BETTER FOR SOMEONE THAT WHANTS A EASY ENGINE TO SET I USE JP3 IN ONE NINJA FOR MY TRUGGY AND O THE OTHERS NINJA AND V SPECS I USE THE O.S 2060 PIPE AND FOR ME THATS THE BEST PIPE FOR A NINJA OR O.S FOR A BUGGY NEVER TRIED THAT PIPE ON THE LRP
I HAVE 2 RC8 AND ONE RC8T AND A TRUGGY LOSI TO
COMING SOON MUGEN MBX6 WHITH A NINJA AND A 2060 PIPE LOG HEADER

LRP IS GOOD TO EXPENSIVE 365 SOMETHING LIKE THAT I THINK ITS A GOOD ENGINE BUT O.S IS O.S AND THOSE NINJAS FOR 300 YOU CAN BEAT THAT OR V PEC FOR 270 YOU CAN CATCH ANYBODY WHITH THOSE AND THEY GIVE GOOD RUN TIME AND GOOD POWER NEVER BOUGHT A SPEED OS BUT TO EXPENSIVE AND I HEARD EB IS DUING MODIFICATIONS TO THE NINJA I WOULD GUET A EB MODIFIED BTTER THAN A SPEED
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
REMEMBER
IS NOT THE AROW IS THE INDIAN
Old 01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You absolutely have to seal the Picco carbs or they do weird things. Once I sealed mine it held a tune as well as an OS (better actually) and the Jammin version of the engine has been more reliable for me than the Vspec. I sealed mine at the pinch bolt, the banjo fitting (both sides of both washers), and where the aluminum and plastic parts of the carb meet. I think that is where they leak.

Fuel mileage on the Jammin version in a buggy was 7-8 minutes for me which makes it questionable for 7.5 minute pit stops. In a truggy mine has no trouble pitting at 7.5 minutes, and the power will almost make my MBX5-T pull wheelies.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info guys, anyone else have a setup there running? i hope someone has a setup for 8-10min runtimes......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.