Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great , wish I had that chassis to try it on track .
I thought you were going with a double battery setup
Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FLoJo
Looks great , wish I had that chassis to try it on track .

Thank you FloJo ,as most of inferno series (meanning all the buggies exept mp9 ,igt,igt2 ,st )parts are compatible this conversion is compatible with all the infernos chassis.
Thought that you already have both gt1 and gt2 ??

Originally Posted by FLoJo
I thought you were going with a double battery setup
Thats a good idea .Do you mean for better weight balance?
Old 09-22-2013, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by koval
Thank you FloJo ,as most of inferno series (meanning all the buggies exept mp9 ,igt,igt2 ,st )parts are compatible this conversion is compatible with all the infernos chassis.
Thought that you already have both gt1 and gt2 ??

Yea I have both , just not in carbon fiber chassis form .

Thats a good idea .Do you mean for better weight balance?
Yea when u said 8s battery setup , thought you might have been making a double battery

Id suggest trying some xo-1 tires , but it might not work well with the body but should help in top speed
Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Can the diffs handle 8s power? I believe not for long...
Old 10-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Brought my inferno 1 1/2 ago and wanted to know what you guys are going for spur gears? I've been searching and everyone telling me that I might have to modify one. Is there any out there that will fit w/o me drilling holes?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, I just got back into the RC cars hobby. I've always been into nitro but never electric, so I'm brand new to electric. I recently purchased the Inferno GT2 VE with Ceptor body. Ran it a few times. Top speed is pretty slow, but I do like the high gearing, makes for nice bottom end torque.
I use to run the nitro version many years ago. I still have my nitro version for display.
Anyway, I'm looking for ways to upgrade my GT2 VE for speed and handling. I noticed there isn't any options to upgrade the spur gear/pinion gears. How and where are you guys getting these gears besides custom built?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maoyth
Hi all, I just got back into the RC cars hobby. I've always been into nitro but never electric, so I'm brand new to electric. I recently purchased the Inferno GT2 VE with Ceptor body. Ran it a few times. Top speed is pretty slow, but I do like the high gearing, makes for nice bottom end torque.
I use to run the nitro version many years ago. I still have my nitro version for display.
Anyway, I'm looking for ways to upgrade my GT2 VE for speed and handling. I noticed there isn't any options to upgrade the spur gear/pinion gears. How and where are you guys getting these gears besides custom built?
We're in the same boat!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, let's see if I can convert all the gears to using the nitro gears. If that works, I can switch in a lot of different gearing. Need to do some reading and see how I can pop in a tekin motor at some point.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by maoyth
Well, let's see if I can convert all the gears to using the nitro gears. If that works, I can switch in a lot of different gearing. Need to do some reading and see how I can pop in a tekin motor at some point.
Keep me posted because I need to get this thing moving
Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Da_350_Bishop, Robinson makes all kinds of pinion gears that should work.

The IGT2 VE uses a 48 pitch 1 Mod Brushless Motor Pinions -> 1.0 Module 5mm Bore (guess I haven't been involved with this thread long enough to be able to post urls).

www[dot]robinsonracing.com/catalog/catalog[dot]html#

Hobby People carries these things. One of the shops said they have up to a 24T pinion in stock. I'm going to go see how they fit today. Will update the thread after my results.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Went to the hobby shop and found out that the gearing I really need is not 48 pitch. It is just a 1.0 Mod 5mm Bore Robinson Racing gear. Unfortunately, the local hobby shop only had the biggest size of 20 teeth. So I purchased it and it fits. Will run it later since I didn't charge my LiPo batteries yet. Luckily, stormerhobbies.com carries the other gears.

There is a great thread on this topic:
[http]://bannedrc.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13371

The thread stated the biggest pinion gear that can fit on the stock kyosho mount is 23T:

"The 24T pinion does not fit. The RCM motor mount does not allow it. A 23T is the biggest that will fit and allow proper mesh adjustment."
Old 10-21-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

It all depends what you are trying todo , with the stock Orion system that comes in the gt2, 23-24 gearing might be a little overkill becuase personally I think you will fry the system, also depends what type of 4s battery you are Using
First thing I did was gut out the stock motor and esc and threw in a Tekin 2650kv system and running a 20t pinion with stock spur its like day Nd night differnce , top speed is about 55-60mph . Also the stock wheels/tires suck on that car unless your just trying to drift around . Goto brucknerhobbies.com and order a set of GRP treaded tires or alpha slicks . Will make the car feel like its on rails , overall improve handling tenfold
There is a motor mount on ebay for sale that will allow for running bigger pinions upto a 36 if you are trying for 100mph . Believe the seller is also a member here so you could also just PM him and bypass ebay . Also the stock kyosho radio is garbage .
Most 1/8 scale cars I've ever messed with use mod1 gearing for both pinion and spurs , 48pitch in my opinion won't handle the power , if u really wanna see is car fly swap out motor-esc to a castle 2200motor and esc and drop 6s power and you will be like Whoaa
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

FLoJo, thanks for shinning in.

I currently have GRP tires on my car. I still have my nitro IGT1, which I took the GRP tires from...did some drifting with the stock tires before switching over . Yes, the change from stock tires to GRP makes the car handle amazingly better.

"stock Orion system that comes in the gt2, 23-24 gearing might be a little overkill"
I have 2 Peak Racing PowerMax 4200 45C 2S Lipo Battery in series. Man, these batteries don't last very long...run time is only like 15-20 minutes. I was hoping for 30 minutes. Upgrading to a 5000 mAh battery might help just a little bit.

"There is a motor mount on ebay for sale that will allow for running bigger pinions upto a 36 if you are trying for 100mph"
Thanks for the tip. My goal: I want to hit 90-100 mph with the inferno GT2 VE. I've wanted to hit about 80-90 mph with the nitro IGT1, but the crappy 2 speed issue they had before prevented me from playing with that car much. Gear 2 Spur issue, which is fixed in the IGT2 version with the upgrade to the shoe type gear shifter instead of the latch.
Anyway, I started making a list of what I need to upgrade.
I've done a lot of research, I realized that I can buy a Castle Mamba 2200 motor and esc along with using RC Monster's gearing to get up to 36t pinion and 40t spur. I don't know if the 40t mod1 spur from RC Monster will fit--emailed them about it--hopefully I'll get a response. Then drop in a 6S lipo to see what this baby can do. What 6S lipo are you running or if you aren't running it, what is a good one that I can get in the future?
If I want to drop in the Castle 2200, do I need a special motor mount or will the stock one do it?

I assume this is the guy you're talking about (had to replace '.' with [dot] since I am new to the forums and am not allowed to post urls yet):

www[dot]ebay[dot]com/itm/Kyosho-inferno-gt2-ve-34t-100-MPH-motor-mount-for-castle-big-block-1717-/251355004461?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&ha sh=item3a85ecfe2d

Man, that's crazy. He listed the mount as for Castle Big Block 1717. I compared that motor in the XO-1 to my stock IGT motor and there's a huge difference in size. It's crazy.
Dang, the big block conversion to a castle big block 1717 sounds great, but what about chassis flex? When you put way too much power on the car, all that torque will cause the chassis to flex and things to break. I've experienced quite a bit of chassis flex when dropping a big block engine into a 1/10 nitro RS4.

I need to upgrade the radio as well. Do you have any recommendations? I'm only a parking lot basher and can care less about competition racing at the track. I realized the steering servo is pretty weak. In the past, when I ran my nitro IGT, I had a HiTec high torque steering servo.

I also need to get the sway bars to help the car steer and handle better. I also need to the Ferrari F430 front bumper (KYOKA90002) so that the front of the car won't bounce up and down when doing speed runs.

Let me know what you recommend. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Great looking car!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks FLoJoe and Maoyth for the info. I got a 29t pinon now I have to invest in one of those mounts! Do you guys know where to find a smaller spur? And Maoyth that 1717 does look pretty good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.