Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree139Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Help

Could one of you guys please suggest the servo horn that will fit on a savox servo, and allow me to screw on the ball as well? Having a hard time finding the right one. Please advise.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The"F" horn works. It's tight just get it started and pull it down slowly with the screw
Old 07-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scythe23
The"F" horn works. It's tight just get it started and pull it down slowly with the screw
Yep, very tight.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley
I think it is something in the diff. I can grab each rear hub and they just spin completely free, there is no resistance at all. Feels like it is just riding on bearings.
do both wheels spin at the same time in the same direction? if so it is more than likely your pinion. If only one wheel spins the diff more than likely backed off or the diff screw broke.

Keep in mind the head of the screw should always be on the slipper side.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Try it out for your self, learn how it feels on the track.

When you try it out note how much more difficult accelerating out of the corner with the axle raised.

I don't notice any issues accelerating with the axle up.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

PLEASE BE ADVISED BAD DRIVING TO FOLLOW. lol I decided to run both my MM and RM cars in mod tonight. Both cars gave me issues, but the issues were different. I ran the MM in heats 1 and 2, then switched to my RM car in the main. I used the same motor and same tires. The RM car pushed but was easier to drive and gave me a higher consistence and was .75 seconds faster per lap for a top 10 lap average. The top 5 averages were about the same. My hot lap came from the B5M, but is was a hand full to drive. Tons of steering and very twitchy. A poorly adjusted slipper in my RM car, made anything that needed instant power a fail. You will see me struggling with the step on step off and the short run up double on the right. I am still unsure which car I like the best. The MM is fun to drive and it is very aggressive and corners on a dime, but feel very unstable on jumps. Anyway, enjoy the poor videos of my poor driving.

BTW. I was runnign with Spencer Rivkin, Tanner Denny and Tommy Hinz. So of the 5 drivers in mod, 3 are factory team drivers....lol. Also, I may have punted them at one time or another...oops my bad.
A Main Pink B5 ream motor car
http://youtu.be/sreCdc5yjBQ

Qual 2 green/purple B5M... Also, I was a lap slower than my first qual with the MM car. The rear was loose.
http://youtu.be/XcfymT7wBto
Old 07-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nEoNidas
Could one of you guys please suggest the servo horn that will fit on a savox servo, and allow me to screw on the ball as well? Having a hard time finding the right one. Please advise.
The TLR 22 plastic horns go on a little easier and work fine. I have on in one of my cars.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

PLEASE BE ADVISED BAD DRIVING TO FOLLOW. lol I decided to run both my MM and RM cars in mod tonight. Both cars gave me issues, but the issues were different. I ran the MM in heats 1 and 2, then switched to my RM car in the main. I used the same motor and same tires. The RM car pushed but was easier to drive and gave me a higher consistence and was .75 seconds faster per lap for a top 10 lap average. The top 5 averages were about the same. My hot lap came from the B5M, but is was a hand full to drive. Tons of steering and very twitchy. A poorly adjusted slipper in my RM car, made anything that needed instant power a fail. You will see me struggling with the step on step off and the short run up double on the right. I am still unsure which car I like the best. The MM is fun to drive and it is very aggressive and corners on a dime, but feel very unstable on jumps. Anyway, enjoy the poor videos of my poor driving.

BTW. I was runnign with Spencer Rivkin, Tanner Denny and Tommy Hinz. So of the 5 drivers in mod, 3 are factory team drivers....lol. Also, I may have punted them at one time or another...oops my bad.
A Main Pink B5 ream motor car
http://youtu.be/sreCdc5yjBQ

Qual 2 green/purple B5M... Also, I was a lap slower than my first qual with the MM car. The rear was loose.
http://youtu.be/XcfymT7wBto
Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Springs

What spring kit do guys usually run? The soft, or medium kit?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

hey wildcat..
I thought you said your mm car pushed? that's why I said try swaybar.. did not look like it was pushing.

To me it looks like your trying to drive your mm car like a rm car. I know this may sound weird but you need to drive a mm car more like a onroad car.. smooth out your corners and carry that speed. I think you could have been much faster with the mm but it looked like you were trying to square your corners like in a rm car.

I would smooth out the mm car a little and make it not so aggressive.. your skills are not to that point yet for super aggressive. focus on hitting your lines and smoothing out your driving a little to. You will find it easier to clear the jumps and faster through the corners.

remember you have 1 or 2 big jumps but 10-15 corners.. if you can work on your corner speed you will increase your lap times dramatically.. don't worry about clearing the biggest jump as you may gain a 1/2 second by doing that.. if you can gain even a quarter second on each corner you will be 3-5 seconds a lap faster.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

green fronts and white rear mostly. sometimes go black fronts and green rears
Old 07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Prophet

nono, my mm has crap tons of steering lol. I have to find the right tire combo to calm it down. I was running grey fronts and white rears with 1.6 f/r and 35/3.2 oils

Yeah, probably on the driving style... I mean its been 25 year of RM driving, lol. I like the MM car, and I definitely dont feel comfortable with it. Haha, I am have been trying to make it push, the car just turns on a dime. I was not trying to make huge time on jumps. Didnt even try the triple much. At some point I started to screw around by trying to double singe the step on step off, lol. I was playing with lines and seeing what the car could and could not do. And honeslty, I think the servo is too fast. .06 might be a bit much, lol. I was playing with DR in practice to help me with my over steer, it was good, but made low speed corners feel sluggish.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
I don't notice any issues accelerating with the axle up.

Its a suddle change for sure. Still raised offers more on power steering coming out of the turn ...

For myself the car feels looser coming out on the exit from the steer, middle on the steer block is smoother.

you should flip back & forth & observed the difference .
Its mostly coming out of sharp slower turns you can appreciate he difference.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Kit

Are those springs in the soft kit?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Tech Prophet

yeah, all of them are in the soft kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.