Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Bags.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 AM
Suspended

Default Pit Bags.

I'm lookin for a new one.

Tell you what I'm lookin for, I'll be running Buggy/Truggy and would like something I can just wheel to my pit spot. I want something that is durable and will haul all my crap i.e chargers, packs, gell cells, Bbox, fuel, tools ETC.. I was looking at that ProTek but it's lookin back ordered at the moment.

What do you guys use and why do you think it's the best? Rather, if you were to buy a new one what would you get?

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Most of the 1/8 size pit bags/haulers are on back order right now. There are some places that still have them but are quite a bit more than the main shops. I am looking at the Pro-Tek or Trinity bags to replace my Venom.
I will wait to get one until they are back in stock.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Another Solution

Like you, I was debating getting a hauler bag.Done a little research and found this thing.I run both Truggy and Buggy.All my spare parts fit(i have alot), and radio,both starter boxes,fuel and some other junk fit in the bottom no problem!!

I found mine at Lowes for $60 after I told them home Depot had the same one for cheaper they even took another 10% off!

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consum.../dp/B000V29B7K

Hope this helps. Once i seen it in person and how much room it had, i was sold
Old 04-23-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i ve got two of the team magic 8 haulers wich i believe are the same, also i think that trinity and racers edge have the same sort of hauler going on, they are nice but dont overload them they will wear out fast if you do. also they dont roll very well on anything that isnt hardpacked and smooth they have rollerblade wheels. (i wish that there was a more durable hauler that maybe had pneumatic tires so that it would roll through gravel ect.) also alot of them have matching radio and bbox bags that attach to the outside the one feature that the team magic has is a nice tool organizer on the top so when its open your tools are handy good luck and hope this helps
the mighty thor
Old 04-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sholler
Like you, I was debating getting a hauler bag.Done a little research and found this thing.I run both Truggy and Buggy.All my spare parts fit(i have alot), and radio,both starter boxes,fuel and some other junk fit in the bottom no problem!!

I found mine at Lowes for $60 after I told them home Depot had the same one for cheaper they even took another 10% off!

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Consum.../dp/B000V29B7K

Hope this helps. Once i seen it in person and how much room it had, i was sold
Home depot and costco have those boxes for 70-80
Old 04-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was in the same boat and had a look at the following:

Team Magic New F8 Car Bag (for 1/8th cars)
Louise RC 1/8th Truggy Hauler
Venom 1/8th Hauler (Green/Grey older model)
Pro-Line 1/8th Buggy Hauler

The Team Magic felt the best quality when I examined them closely, with the Louise RC Truggy bag a close second. Just my opinion.

I chose the TM hauler because I'll only be racing 1/8th Buggy. If I was racing Truggy I'd go with the Louise RC Hauler, as it will hold a Truggy in the draw without having to remove anything off it.

Hudy also make a huge hauler that will cater for a Truggy, but it was just too big and expensive for my needs.

A few weeks after I got my TM F8 hauler Venom released their new updated 1/8th hauler (Red/Black model). I had a good look at it and it felt exactly like my F8 (probably built at the same Asian factory). Only slight difference was the draw lip frames were screwed not just glued together like on the F8. Also the Venom was cheaper in price. I'd go for the new red/black Venom if I was to buy one right now, but I'm still happy with my F8.

If you're creative and have time on your hands you could probably find a cheaper non-rc brand alternative.

Hope this helped.