Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Would an aluminum chassis be lighter than CF?

Does anyone know the Plan B Racing person enough to make a special request for an aluminum chassis?

Last edited by Jpdanger; 08-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

I've got to hand it to Phil and Discountrcstore.com for their exceptional customer service.

I placed an order recently and one of parts was backordered. Phil ordered the part through Amain and paid for shipping so that the part arrives at the same time as my shipment from DRS.

I appreciate the outstanding customer service!
Old 08-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
Would an aluminum chassis be lighter than CF?

Does anyone know the Plan B Racing person enough to make a special request for an aluminum chassis?
Carbon fiber is farrrrr lighter than aluminum.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Best

I've got to hand it to Phil and Discountrcstore.com for their exceptional customer service.

I placed an order recently and one of parts was backordered. Phil ordered the part through Amain and paid for shipping so that the part arrives at the same time as my shipment from DRS.

I appreciate the outstanding customer service!
I have often said this myself! Excellent Service
Old 08-27-2015, 06:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thomas PA
Carbon fiber is farrrrr lighter than aluminum.
Cf is 60g lighter...

Phil is the best!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Someone is selling lockouts on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RC-Madne...-/191675460509
Old 08-27-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My thinking behind the milled aluminum chassis was not that it would be lighter than CF, but rather to reduce the weight to appeal to stock racers without increasing the price of the kit as much as a CF chassis does.
Old 08-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Got an XL LiPo today. Will be interested in seeing what a difference it makes. It is 60 grams liter then my normal shorties
Old 08-27-2015, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

All ready for Saturday, sporting new MM molded shell complete with vintage muscle car treatment.
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-img_0581.jpg  
Old 08-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Riverbluff
Got an XL LiPo today. Will be interested in seeing what a difference it makes. It is 60 grams liter then my normal shorties
What do you mean by "XL"? Extra light? What brand did you end up going with?
Old 08-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

Good luck, Matt! You'll have to post a set up when you can. How much did you have to deviate off your original setup to make your car work outdoors?
Old 08-28-2015, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I know Shawn (plan B) well enough to ask about a chassis. he will need one to make a pattern though.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
What do you mean by "XL"? Extra light? What brand did you end up going with?
Yep, extra lite. Went with the Trinity 3400mAh one
Old 08-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Good luck, Matt! You'll have to post a set up when you can. How much did you have to deviate off your original setup to make your car work outdoors?
Tomorrow morning will be the first time I have ever run there so I'm really not sure how it will work. This race is really more of an experiment for me to see if I can tune the car to be competitive on that type of surface. I hear that most people run mid-motor cars. If that had not been the case I would be taking a rear motor car.

To start with, the only things I am going to do differently from the last setup I posted for medium grip clay will be to drop down to 300/350 cSt oils (R/F) and go with the 1.6mm 3-hole pistons up front and also go up to 24mm ride height. I'll start with the front shock mounts at the tower all the way out and work my way back in until the car starts to get loose on corner entry. Tires are identical to what everyone ran at the Euros (Holeshots/4-rib).
Old 08-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Tomorrow morning will be the first time I have ever run there so I'm really not sure how it will work. This race is really more of an experiment for me to see if I can tune the car to be competitive on that type of surface. I hear that most people run mid-motor cars. If that had not been the case I would be taking a rear motor car.

To start with, the only things I am going to do differently from the last setup I posted for medium grip clay will be to drop down to 300/350 cSt oils (R/F) and go with the 1.6mm 3-hole pistons up front and also go up to 24mm ride height. I'll start with the front shock mounts at the tower all the way out and work my way back in until the car starts to get loose on corner entry. Tires are identical to what everyone ran at the Euros (Holeshots/4-rib).
Hey Matt nice ride and paint Ford man myself! MM chassis on B.O. so I haven't ran it yet,but I have been running the low grip with some changes from you and others on setups! Buggy run's like a dream. Car scaled out at 1503 grs. Race trim! Can't wait to get MM Kit. Good luck this weekend my friend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.