Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which of these would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From everything I've seen the Ten-T has the exact same drivetrain as the 8ight. I will be picking up an 8ight in the next month so then I can actually disassemble both and compare. I actually used the 8ight instructions when I rebuilt all the diffs in my Ten-T. Ten-T quality seems top notch. The only issue might be high maintenance of the OWB in the ROSS system. These seem to be going bad on a few of the Ten-Ts too quickly (including mine). Not a big deal since we are talking one small part, but it is annoying.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

it may be the same in design...but in size...i dont think so.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
The only issue might be high maintenance of the OWB in the ROSS system. These seem to be going bad on a few of the Ten-Ts too quickly (including mine).
The day I saw the ten-t for the first time I was wondering exactly what it was and thinking to myself, "I hope it doesn't have a OWB."
I'd rather have a paid for a small starter box then have to use those things ever again. Those things PI55 me off.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
it may be the same in design...but in size...i dont think so.
I have compared the Ten-T to an 8ight buggy when at the track and the 8ight has only maybe 1/2 and inch more wheelbase. They are really close in size. I might go for the 8ight RTR over the Ten-T if you can afford it and prefer a starter box, but the Ten-T is definitely a better value at $450 versus $600. You really don't get much for the extra $150. Same radio, basically the same size engine, pretty much the same size, etc. The 8ight-T is even more expensive.

All of them are a good value, but I think the Ten-T offers the most value of them all. None are a bad choice.