Wiki Posts
Search

When do we stop..

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default When do we stop..

paying 70 bucks for a set of truggy tires that are fast for one day , then sell them off to some broke a$$ on here for 40 bucks lol. 8th scale isnt cheap. but this is like the only thing that is just crazy to me. everything else seems pretty justified. i see duratrax jumped in the tire game but they are only like 3 bucks cheaper for a set lol . i think this is really hurting the class . like foams for touring , there comes a time when you get tired of spending 40 bucks on a set of foams to true them away and use for a night of racing. lol
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

using the right tire for the right surface helps, also choosing the right compound for the correct application, I dont see it as a problem personally.....how do you think 1:1 drag racers feel?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

i dunno. id imagine if they have the budget to own a dragster then its probly not a big deal for them but just because another hobby has a crazy expense , i dont think that justifies other hobbys to have silly expenses to?

so using the "right compound for the correct application" how many days of racing can you get from a set of truggy tires untill you feel the performance changes..
Old 12-20-2010, 08:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

my tires will last several mains before I consider them practice tires....
Old 12-20-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Same here. The only tires that are 'one run' tires are Holeshots. And depending on surface, I can get one main and a full club race out of them. I've come to realize that a tire that is a few tenths slower will last a lot longer.

BTW why the hell do you spend $70 a set? Buy them unmounted without foams and save some $$$. Closed cell foams are the best thing to happen to the sport.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

get some hotbodies tires, they will last forever! i probably has over 10 races on my truggy HB megabites and they still have more traction than i can ask for. ive burnt up some holeshot in 1 main but HB lasts a good while. sweep buggy tires last a good while too (havent tried truggy yet), they look like they wear fast but they still have great traction with about 50% tread.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You're complaining about spending 70 bucks on a new set of tires, but then you turn around and call someone a broke ass for spending $40 on used ones? WTF?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
You're complaining about spending 70 bucks on a new set of tires, but then you turn around and call someone a broke ass for spending $40 on used ones? WTF?
+1., thats why i dont race on concrete
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Wtf what? Im one of the broke ass who considers turning to used tires .. have no idea what your upset about?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
Same here. The only tires that are 'one run' tires are Holeshots. And depending on surface, I can get one main and a full club race out of them. I've come to realize that a tire that is a few tenths slower will last a lot longer.

BTW why the hell do you spend $70 a set? Buy them unmounted without foams and save some $$$. Closed cell foams are the best thing to happen to the sport.

Yeah i was saying 70 as in a set of 4 premounts. but yeah i guess breaking them down and useing the foam and wheels again save a nice chunk. didnt really think about the fact our foam is so much better now. lol

replys like this with a way to save a buck is really all i was looking for here guys. i dont get why everyone is getting so grouchy.. its not like i made some pissed off flying off the handle post?? jeez.. maybe be better off deleting the post before it gets stupid..
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigAlz
Yeah i was saying 70 as in a set of 4 premounts. but yeah i guess breaking them down and useing the foam and wheels again save a nice chunk. didnt really think about the fact our foam is so much better now. lol

replys like this with a way to save a buck is really all i was looking for here guys. i dont get why everyone is getting so grouchy.. its not like i made some pissed off flying off the handle post?? jeez.. maybe be better off deleting the post before it gets stupid..
Sell the truggy, buy a buggy. Tires are like $15-20 cheaper and the hack factor goes down considerably during races. And buggy makes u a better driver. Only way tire prices will go down is if someone new comes in w/ a great product and sells it cheap, but the cost to manufacture tires is probably pretty high when u factor in tooling/mold costs, labor, tight tolerances, and design.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

paying 70 bucks for a set of truggy tires that are fast for one day , then sell them off to some broke a$$ on here for 40 bucks lol. 8th scale isnt cheap. but this is like the only thing that is just crazy to me. everything else seems pretty justified. i see duratrax jumped in the tire game but they are only like 3 bucks cheaper for a set lol . i think this is really hurting the class . like foams for touring , there comes a time when you get tired of spending 40 bucks on a set of foams to true them away and use for a night of racing. lol
I'm with you man. Some items in this hobby don't have a big bang for buck factor at all. Its definitely a money pit hobby. Sure is fun tho!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Wtf what? Im one of the broke ass who considers turning to used tires .. have no idea what your upset about?
Hey I'm not upset. If you read your post from everyone's point of view it doesn't make sense.

It sounded like you are getting tired of paying 70 bucks for a new set, but called people broke asses for paying 40 for a used set, lol.

And for what it's worth I agree, tires are hella expensive. Especially if you want to be competitive. You can get by with used tires and 5-6 run tires at club level, but you better be prepared to drop some serious coin on tires if you want to compete at higher levels.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

In every form of auto racing, tires are one of the biggest expenses. They are also the single most important factor in most forms of auto racing. It's just the way it is.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hey I'm not upset. If you read your post from everyone's point of view it doesn't make sense.

It sounded like you are getting tired of paying 70 bucks for a new set, but called people broke asses for paying 40 for a used set, lol.

And for what it's worth I agree, tires are hella expensive. Especially if you want to be competitive. You can get by with used tires and 5-6 run tires at club level, but you better be prepared to drop some serious coin on tires if you want to compete at higher levels.
Nah man..im the broke azz. Lol. I haven't baught a brand new set of tires accept for once. But I haven't raced 8th scale much.. about 5 gallons worth about 2 years ago. And I just stated again about a month ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.