Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

In that case I would maybe look at the OFNA Jammin X2-CRT RTR its about 489.99 but from what I have seen it would or could be the best of both parts without alot of cash The Z car like most have said just cause a magazine advertise it doesnt mean its that great nor bad either.
Originally Posted by grouseridge
Racing would be once every 2-3 months, backyard 4-5 times a week.
The reason for rtr they are under $400 and under and I have only some jr racing servos with the metal gears.
With a roller I am looking at $700-$900 with all the parts needed to get it ready.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Alan D.
I've seen every make, every model break.

The first batch of Z cars looked fragile. It was also 40* outside and the guys could drive out of a wet paper bag. I'm just sharing what I've seen form the car don't take it as gospel. I'll tell you this though every racer in my are that had a Z car now drives something else. Not saying it's bad just people didn't like it. I hate having to write like this every fan boy gets upset when I tell it like it is. Oh well.

We all have durability stories. I drove my D8 into a wall wide open and kept going.
I've seen an Mbx5t break from just tapping a pipe and mine never broke in 2 years of racing.

sigh, but hey I don't know what I'm talking about right.
I am the owner of Z-Car USA which makes me juuust a bit more than a fanboi, Alan . And I am telling you how it is from my point of view/experience, and hearing back from our race Team drivers and the z-car drivers here in the USA and all over the world.
One of the 1st batches had brittle plastic arms, but that was fixed pretty much immediately back in 2007 when Z-Cars first came out, but there may be a couple still floating around there. This was 2 years ago and a very small amount. The only problems we have seen are there was a bad batch of wheels that were too brittle, so we tell people to boil them just to be on the safe side, but its been a while since I have heard of that problem, perhaps that batch has all been sold now.
There is no known issues, and one of the biggest virtues of Z-Cars is the ludicrous durability and wear of both the truggy and buggy.
They are both underpriced because it is still a relatively new brand in a highly competitive and brand loyal market, but people who get one realize its a no compromise, serious all out r/c race vehicle, and the best value out there.

Beefhead just because you havent heard of the Z-Car, dont assume they are not top notch vehicles.
They are Taiwan based, just FYI and got 6 patents on the design.
The owner of SH engines, who makes their own engine line as well as other products for Dynamite, LRP and Losi, is an avid 1/8th scale nitro off road enthusiast, and opened Z-Car Technologies (Tw) and hired an ace staff and built a large facility for manufacturing, R&D and a track, and started making Nitro buggies and then truggys.
Here, for more info:
http://www.z-car.com.tw/about.html
Old 11-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Not to sound like a wise guy but could you give us a little bit more history to as to how the z car came about and material that is used in these cars please to learn us something since you are the owner of Z-Car
Originally Posted by MadRussian
I am the owner of Z-Car USA which makes me juuust a bit more than a fanboi, Alan . And I am telling you how it is from my point of view/experience, and hearing back from our race Team drivers and the z-car drivers here in the USA and all over the world.
One of the 1st batches had brittle plastic arms, but that was fixed pretty much immediately back in 2007 when Z-Cars first came out, but there may be a couple still floating around there. This was 2 years ago and a very small amount. The only problems we have seen are there was a bad batch of wheels that were too brittle, so we tell people to boil them just to be on the safe side, but its been a while since I have heard of that problem, perhaps that batch has all been sold now.
There is no known issues, and one of the biggest virtues of Z-Cars is the ludicrous durability and wear of both the truggy and buggy.
They are both underpriced because it is still a relatively new brand in a highly competitive and brand loyal market, but people who get one realize its a no compromise, serious all out r/c race vehicle, and the best value out there.

Beefhead just because you havent heard of the Z-Car, dont assume they are not top notch vehicles.
The owner of SH engines, who makes their own engine line as well as other products for Dynamite, LRP and Losi, is an avid 1/8th scale nitro off road enthusiast, and opened Z-Car Technologies (Tw) and hired an ace staff and built a large facility for manufacturing, R&D and a track, and started making Nitro buggies and then truggys.
Here, for more info:
Old 11-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yes please give us info......everyone wants a quality car or truggy at a rock bottom price !!!!!!!!!.....so sell us !!!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Not harass never heard of a damm zcar.Are you the zcar police.
i was referring to the losi guy that you keep harassing. seriously, its affecting your memory now!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by streetfreek
yes please give us info......everyone wants a quality car or truggy at a rock bottom price !!!!!!!!!.....so sell us !!!!!!
+1
Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sicsam
+1
You race at battlefield, meet up with him and see for yourself, he races at Loganville, and will be at PNB.

And he said he owns Z-Car USA, not Z-Car
Old 11-08-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Why did he post the link to z-car and not z-car usa? Also he did state he was the owner of z-car usa so what is the history and where do you buy them? What is the price for the kit of the buggy or truggy? What is the shock towers made out of? What is the chassis made of ? etc.......
Originally Posted by boomgagem
You race at battlefield, meet up with him and see for yourself, he races at Loganville, and will be at PNB.

And he said he owns Z-Car USA, not Z-Car
Originally Posted by MadRussian

Here, for more info:
Old 11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kodiakbear7070
Why did he post the link to z-car and not z-car usa? Also he did state he was the owner of z-car usa so what is the history and where do you buy them? What is the price for the kit of the buggy or truggy? What is the shock towers made out of? What is the chassis made of ? etc.......
The link to www.z-carusa.com is in my signature did you miss it?
I was trying to tell the history of the cars since they are so relatively new and came out just as the recession hit; talk about poor timing, lol.
We are not the manufacturer, but a specialty shop. We are sponsored by Z-Car (our race Team is), sell directly to the end user and to other hobby shops as well. We work with 3rd party aftermarket suppliers to make parts and accessories for the Z-Car products, and with SH Engines/Z-Car and Greg Degani on product development and feedback.
We also have sponsored several large events, like the Psycho Nitro Blast II and the Wiregrass Indoor Nationals, we are currently sponsoring the Psycho Nitro Blast III, and the Alabama Manufacturer's Cup, and of course Degani is already qualified for the Worlds.
I became intrigued by the out of the box thinking of the Z-Car design when it first came out and reading about it in RCCA and Extreme RC. I knew it was a tough market to get into and there was basically almost no promotion being done, so the car was basically unknown and really only being sold by Hobby People.
I got a Z-Buggy, built it and was blown away by its quality, 7075 alum everywhere, and the extreme attention to detail the designers/engneers put into it. I raced it a few local races and was amazed by the steering, lightness and performance it had. Not to mention the durability!

I saw that nobody had taken this car and promoted it, or really done much with it so I decided it was a great opportunity to get in with a young product that had made a believer out of me, and open Z-CarUSA a online and physical hobby store that would specialize in these vehicles and give them support above and beyond. We have a solid client base and any of them will tell you we are a great company to deal with. Our Team Drivers are winning series and races wherever they race, and locally in Georgia we have been breaking track records and pretty much dominating at the local tracks!!

We are a small company compared to the established heavy hitters, but I will put Z-Car quality up against anything made!
Want something that is artificially priced low that is ludicrously durable, light and fervently supported? Give the Z-Car a try, there are a lot of happy troops in the Z-Army
Old 11-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

What about the hot bodies lightning stadium truggy? Is this one any good??????
Old 11-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Oh and of course I will be happy to answer any questions.
Racing both the buggy and truggy and running the race team I am very familiar with the products.
The Pro models are all 7075 alum the RTRs are 6061 on the chassis and towers.
My Z-Truggy @ yesterdays race (3rd in Pro Trug)
Old 11-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grouseridge
What about the hot bodies lightning stadium truggy? Is this one any good??????
Its an ok basher but a very dated design.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The z-car is a popular car at my local track. I have seen bunches of guys beat the crap out of theirs & have not seen any dnf's that i can remember. I think it would be a great choice.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

I read some more and I am definitely going with the z car. With all the other ones it is too expensive or as mad russian said it is just "ok". I havent heard anything "ok" about z car!
Old 11-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Actualy I went to both sites and even looked up the price of the buggy and truggy. how come you went with FM and not a 2.4 ghz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.