Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked... >

Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grrrrrr.. Love getting marshal hacked...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
THIS IS WHAT SHORT BUS TRUCKS HAVE DONE TO THE RACING SEGMENT OF THIS HOBBY, F'ING SPODES
Blaming one segment of cars for a hobby wide problem is like blaming the fork for someone being fat.

The problem is new people are flooding into the hobby (a good thing) and not many are stepping up to educate them on how to behave. It's partially the track owners/operators to police their track, but it's also each of OUR responsibility to help educate fellow racers, new AND old.

I've seen many seasoned racers do things when marshaling that make me just shake my head.

When I started taking my kids to the track, the first thing that we did was go over the rules of the road, and marshaling. Things like when they run through a battery, that they have to go marshal for 10-15 mins during practice, don't drop cars on the apex, or at the end of a fast straight with out looking first. Basic stuff like that.

Greg
Old 03-20-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I think the best way to educate people on marshaling is to actually talk to them with unheated words after a race. I know about 75% of the guys at my local track don't even know about this website so they will never learn from reading about it I would just try and talk to them and let them know what's going on. It might even relieve some steam and they might tell you that it was an accident and they realized after what was happening and apologize.

Trust me, we need to vent sometimes and I have definitely been at the end of being marshaled poorly (one time it took them so long I could have run down from the stand, flipped my car back over, and run back up in the time it took them to get my car ) but once the steam is out, we gotta let them know so mistakes will happen less often in the future It sucks what happened to you though :/ Its the worst when it is during your main.. Hopefully you have better luck at your next race!
Old 03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhotoGreg
Blaming one segment of cars for a hobby wide problem is like blaming the fork for someone being fat.

The problem is new people are flooding into the hobby (a good thing) and not many are stepping up to educate them on how to behave. It's partially the track owners/operators to police their track, but it's also each of OUR responsibility to help educate fellow racers, new AND old.

I've seen many seasoned racers do things when marshaling that make me just shake my head.

When I started taking my kids to the track, the first thing that we did was go over the rules of the road, and marshaling. Things like when they run through a battery, that they have to go marshal for 10-15 mins during practice, don't drop cars on the apex, or at the end of a fast straight with out looking first. Basic stuff like that.

Greg
+1 you posted this right when I went to reply to the thread. Would have saved me a lot of long-windedness
Old 03-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

THIS IS WHAT SHORT BUS TRUCKS HAVE DONE TO THE RACING SEGMENT OF THIS HOBBY, F'ING SPODES
This kind of stuff went on well before SC rigs. Pull your head out, troll.

The butthurtness over SC popularity for some people is staggering.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Super Coupe
Everybody has the same marshals so I don't think it's a big deal if they aren't any good. Just try to wreck less than everyone else.
It's the ones that are just watching the race and not their spot that gets on most of our nerves.

Word of advice when marshaling. If you know who the race leader is in the class your are marshaling, then you are watching the race and not your spot. Watch your spot means that you think everyone that comes by could be the race leader. If a car breaks, pull it off the track and set it beside you or give it to a spectator (only if you are marshaling next to one) to see if they can fix it. A marshal should NEVER fail on marshaling a car because he was helping fix someones car.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by turbowop

Isn't that the truth.
Guess some just can't take it that SC trucks basically put the final nail in the coffin for the "other" truck class. lol.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I found the best way to handle being held up by Marshalls was simply not to crash.

..this thread is almost as absurd as the one in On road RC where a guy is arguing lapped cars shouldn't have to give way to the race leaders.

At the end of the day, it's a toy car.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbowop

LMAO ! VERY TRUE !
Old 03-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does this mean I live in Spodeville?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:01 PM
Tech Initiate

you wanna know something? if a marshall wouldnt put ur car down and keeps flipping others, tap the throttle, surely that will wake him up
Old 03-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nexxus
I found the best way to handle being held up by Marshalls was simply not to crash.

..this thread is almost as absurd as the one in On road RC where a guy is arguing lapped cars shouldn't have to give way to the race leaders.

At the end of the day, it's a toy car.
isnt it funny that what ever u say is either negative or very annoying on everyone of your posts?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
Is it ok to complain about the 21 year old marshal that looks as if he spends 8hrs. a day in the gym but he can't marshal a car half as fast as my 53 year old fat ass. Or the marshal that trys to marshal with one hand because he is on the cell phone?
I marshal the way I expect to be marshalled. I think that is a point that needs to be made to all marshals.
There will be muffed marshalling opportunities that you need to live with.
I havent read past this post on the first page yet, but THIS is how its done! AMEN TO THAT +1!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhotoGreg
In most cases you're absolutely right. However, in either of these there wasn't anything that could have been done.

Trust me, I make plenty of mistakes. It's when marshals don't do what they are supposed to do, or fix their buddies truck across the track instead of yours that is 5 ft from them, it gets annoying.

Oh, and the marshall that picks up his bud's broken truck and proceeds to fix it while he's supposed to be marshaling. That's awesome.

Ahh well.. back to racing.
O I so have to chim on here....There is definetly something you could of done...lol....You could of ran 2 or 3 no mistake quilifier and you would of been TQ and then you wouldn't have run into someone spinning out.....lol.... Just always remember ......DUDE It's toy cars. I love to remind people that.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by scootinround
O I so have to chim on here....There is definetly something you could of done...lol....You could of ran 2 or 3 no mistake quilifier and you would of been TQ and then you wouldn't have run into someone spinning out.....lol.... Just always remember ......DUDE It's toy cars. I love to remind people that.
wow ur a bit of a douche, go easy its a forum knob
Old 03-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hotbodiesve8boÿ
wow ur a bit of a douche, go easy its a forum knob
this is my first post i had to tell you, you talk such rubbish. if you had friends to talk with you might not argue with strangers about toys. i remember when forums were used for sharing information not fighting. ggrrrrrr f%*^#n kids

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.