Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEST F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BEST F1

Hi guys , i am Marco and living in Italy , for the USA drivers have this question ??

Where is the best f1 from the tamiya V2 , tamiya TRF101 and VBC ??

For me is only question of setup
Old 11-30-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by prostracing
Hi guys , i am Marco and living in Italy , for the USA drivers have this question ??

Where is the best f1 from the tamiya V2 , tamiya TRF101 and VBC ??

For me is only question of setup
Hi Marco,

I haven't got any other brand of F1 cars or did i drove one, but to what i can see is that a V2 is as fast as a VBC.
I do have a V2 and a TRF101 and both are great cars.
For indoor with pit Shimizu tires i prefer the TRF101, for outdoor with Ride R1 tires i prefer the V2 with exotec front suspension arms.

If it's for driving with foam tires i definately recommend the V2 over any other car.
The car has the advantage to use the rear tires to a smaller diameter then other F1 cars.

Hope this helps
Old 11-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the your reply , now in the indoor on carpet some person prefer the vbc for the carbon chassis with is of 2,5 mm , the trf have the chassis of 3 mm , is most hard , but i think with the V2 with have the chassis in fiberglass is good same the vbc
The tyres with used in Italy are the Ride R1
( i love the tamiya ....) have used only tamiya from when have started this hobby ,from 30 years , is for this with for me is only question of setup , because the all cars are very same
In this times i run with a f104 with the modify of X1 , i think with is a good car , the only problem is with this car breaking the rear tyres , have looked the V2 and VBC and with the rear link are very kind with the rear tyres , for the next year i want buyed one car with the link and try this
Old 11-30-2014, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have run the TRF101 and the VBC lightningF. They are pretty similar. The VBC comes with the 2.5mm chassis like you talked about which is nice when you want a little more grip. If it were me I would go with the VBC LightningF because you are getting a car with the same potential but paying a lot less. Product support on the VBC is much better here. Which is why I am switching from the TRF to the VBC.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by prostracing
Thanks for the your reply , now in the indoor on carpet some person prefer the vbc for the carbon chassis with is of 2,5 mm , the trf have the chassis of 3 mm , is most hard , but i think with the V2 with have the chassis in fiberglass is good same the vbc
The tyres with used in Italy are the Ride R1
( i love the tamiya ....) have used only tamiya from when have started this hobby ,from 30 years , is for this with for me is only question of setup , because the all cars are very same
In this times i run with a f104 with the modify of X1 , i think with is a good car , the only problem is with this car breaking the rear tyres , have looked the V2 and VBC and with the rear link are very kind with the rear tyres , for the next year i want buyed one car with the link and try this
Most pilots break their Ride R1 tires, but this is caused by the way the pilots get their cars arround the track.
I still use my first set of rear Ride R1 tires and they are almost 2 years old while other pilots from my club run the same tires for about a month and they've been throwing them into a carbage bin.
You just need to drive the car in a smooth way arround the track, the ideal racing line needs to be followed and the tires will last a lot longer.
That's my experience with the ride R1 tires, but then again it's just my driving style with every car.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank guys you for the your impression
The Ride R1 are good for the grip , but for me the best are the sponge tyres , the problem of this rubber tyres is with have a big difference of times to lap from the new to the used , with the sponge the times are same to the start of the tyre to the end
But i think with from the first rubber tyres , this last same the R1 are very very fantastic , when looking the cars are same to the really cars of f1

Looking the yours impression for the chassis , i want decided to spend the money in a good car with can gift me a best car of the my f104. The my car is a good car and have a good times in race , but is possible with the link cars can have times best of the f104 x1
Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Don't forget the WTF-1...it has been winning quite a bit in the US.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Don't forget the WTF-1...it has been winning quite a bit in the US.
1,2,3 at the US Indoor Champs. No other chassis was even close.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hello i race on same track of Prost...

i know CRC....but your race are on carpet...our race was on asphalt...and not smooth...
Old 12-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

I've been running my WTF-1 on asphalt. Haven't raced it yet because we need more people in the class to race. But in practice I've already reset the track record for F1 by .2.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

I've been running my WTF-1 on asphalt. Haven't raced it yet because we need more people in the class to race. But in practice I've already reset the track record for F1 by .2.
Is Ur setup box stock? And what tires u running?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Hi Marco,

I haven't got any other brand of F1 cars or did i drove one, but to what i can see is that a V2 is as fast as a VBC.
I do have a V2 and a TRF101 and both are great cars.
For indoor with pit Shimizu tires i prefer the TRF101, for outdoor with Ride R1 tires i prefer the V2 with exotec front suspension arms.

If it's for driving with foam tires i definately recommend the V2 over any other car.
The car has the advantage to use the rear tires to a smaller diameter then other F1 cars.

Hope this helps
I can confirm that the F104 v2 runs fabulous even with rubber tires in hot weather like Italy. You just need to run Ride R1 compound both front and rear. Perfect balance. If there is plenty of grip go for Ride S1 or S2 on the fronts.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Bought one, finally. I think the SP-1 is awesome, can't wait to see the next level of performance. Retro Lotus 49 on a PF14 body with Tamiya 2012 wing set.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TENCHO
Is Ur setup box stock? And what tires u running?
I'm running a short servo (TC type servo) with the spline upright and the servo saver on top. setup is:

Tires: Pit Shimizu 574/572
Ride Height: 5mm all around (Bumpy banked track needs higher ride height)
Caster: Shims all the way back
Camber: 2 degrees
Toe: .5 degrees toe out
Shock: Stock oil and spring
Damper tubes: 10k
Droop: .5mm rear, 1mm front (Not positive on this...will have to check when I get home from work)