BETTER PLASTIC
aluminum top plate
adjustable rear toe plate
flanged wheel nuts
i can agree with you on this.. +1
Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are you guys really having problems with the plastic?

Active diffs could be cool but they will not likely ever be put into the car kit.

The tank has been an issue and they have redesigned it 3 times in order to address it. A clunk design would be worth exploring though.

I am pretty certain the parts needed to do the mods Maifield and the team have been using are being worked on and will become available sometime soon.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would like to see an updated version of the RC8 with:

- Big bores
- Aluminum top plate
- Fully captured hinge pins
- Battery box up front
- Steering mod
- Adjustable rear toe plate (with inserts, like the M2C one)
- Droop screws from the RC8T
- Better plastic (plastic of some parts seems too soft, had some stripping issues)

And most important, I would like to see a CONVERSION KIT, so I don't have to sell my RC8 for peanuts to buy a whole new car!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

ONLY THING I DONT LIKE IS IT SEEMS LIKE YOU GOTTA TAKE ALOT MORE SCREWS OUT TO GET TOTHE DIFFS EXWING MOUNTS) AND YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THIS ON OTHER CARS

crap sorry for caps lock
Old 01-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sedanfahrer, you hit it right on the head.
They can do whatever they want to the "new car" as long as they release a realistically priced update kit. Actually there should be 2 update kits, one with and one without the big bores. I know i couldnt wait for them and thusly shelled out the $100 or so to put them on my buggy.
I really dont see a need for them to change a whole bunch of stuff. no matter how technologically advanced the buggy is I am still gonna suck lol.
I doubt if AE is gonna release a new car, look at their history. They alter the vehicles and add a number at the end. You look at other companies where there is no parts compatibility and frankly that would frustrate the bejesus outta me.
Anywhoo.... I know AE will release another stellar machine if they choose too
Old 01-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Simple, 'caus we can. If I can pick any 1 car to redesighn it would be the RC8. It hasn't taken advantage of the new Ideas the other cars have. Imagine how much quicker it could get. Its allready really fast, to build on that.......

ACTIVE DIFFS!!!!!

I'm not going to buy another RC8 1.0. I put too much work & $ into fixing it up and I'm not doing that again. If a RC8b2 deosn't come soon i'm jumping to X-ray.

I need a backup car to supplement my RC8. I'm not going to settle for the same old car and watch the Losi's run off into the sunset. I'm not going to settle for a lack of BB shocks, no active diff available, quick wear plastic, etc.

WE WHANT A CHANGE

I'm not happy with the flimsey chassis braces, little shocks with majik pistons, ghetto steering mod, battery flopping around on the chassis, that tiny POS motor mount, clutch bell digging a hole in the chassis, and no rubber seals on the center Cvds (like the rears).

Yes its good, It can be better. And it should be, before the other cars catch up and an AE fanboy like me walks.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

OK I'll cut this down so they don't have to redo the whole car, just update it like Losi. (1 step behind instead of leadin, grrrr.)

Active diff in the front.
Big bores.
Better chassis braces.
Full length motor mount.
More suspension arm flex, thinner arms like an 808.
better shock bushings.
Better droop screws. No dig but easy top adjust.
Chassis marked for motor alighnment like the Losi 2
Through bolt hinge pins.
Diff case main bolts go all the way through and are nutted on the back.
Longer lasting plastic. (some of my newer pieces r lasting longer though)
Keep the carbon shock towers.
Plastic radio plate, diff brace to save weight and cost.
M2C style clutch shoes, no shim.
Rear arm mud deflectors.

Orange/Gold annodizing oh I'm so tired of blu, how many years have we had blu.......At least leave the TI parts silver, they look silly in off blu. TG for oven cleaner.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

rc8 .0 hope they can make the upgrade parts or make the rc8 .0 so we dont need to go online on google looking for the super modifications and spend money buying other cars parts for the upgrade ! we whant it all in one box jeje

good luck rc8 fans

lets see if a representative from ae give us something here
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would like to see a slimmer buggy as well, with the engine moved over and forward.

The chassis braces are pretty weak unless you upgrade to the aluminums. Kinda sucks upgrading a pro kit. But I know they all need some upgrades. But it already needs a top plate out of the box.

Big bores are obvious.

The dotted inserts are sweet. Why not use them to adjust rear toe?????

Make the rear shock collars and top nuts more easily adjustable (wing clearance).

I've had no problems with plastic parts, or any parts for that matter...

More clearance for the air filter not hitting the body.

Put a gusset on the 2035 Pipe Stinger!!!!

Big Wheels

Castor inserts are a pain to read, and adjust.

Pistons that we don't have to drill ourselves.

Flywheel pins that don't rust every run and need dremeled.

Better metal in the sway bar mounts, they strip to easily.

That's all for me right now. Those are just suggestions, the buggy has been nothing less than a tank (read: durable) for me. I enjoy running it, and it made me faster than my old buggies. But I think it needs to be faster yet to hang with the others at the club level.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jbrow1
I would like to see a slimmer buggy as well, with the engine moved over and forward.

The chassis braces are pretty weak unless you upgrade to the aluminums. Kinda sucks upgrading a pro kit. But I know they all need some upgrades. But it already needs a top plate out of the box.

Big bores are obvious.

The dotted inserts are sweet. Why not use them to adjust rear toe????? Using different plastic braces would be better, we don't need more play in the arms from another dot pill thingy

Make the rear shock collars and top nuts more easily adjustable (wing clearance).

I've had no problems with plastic parts, or any parts for that matter... I like plastic, I prefere the rtr tray to the CF tray, and new plastic pieces I've used seem to be holding up better.

More clearance for the air filter not hitting the body.

Put a gusset on the 2035 Pipe Stinger!!!!

Big Wheels

Castor inserts are a pain to read, and adjust.

Pistons that we don't have to drill ourselves.

Flywheel pins that don't rust every run and need dremeled.

Better metal in the sway bar mounts, they strip to easily.I had this problem too. Untill I realized how loose you need to tighten the set screw. It takes allmost no tension to hold those collars to the rod. Then drip some thread lock on it. Should hold for a while even without the setscrew.

That's all for me right now. Those are just suggestions, the buggy has been nothing less than a tank (read: durable) for me. I enjoy running it, and it made me faster than my old buggies. But I think it needs to be faster yet to hang with the others at the club level.
active diffs!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok, somebody educate me on these active diffs. What do they do and why are you all so on the bandwagon?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray say, you can use a lighter oil to get the turn-in you want and it then locks up like a spool giving you lots of on-power steering. Personally i don't think the RC8 needs one. It's already got a fair amount of steering
Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

While there's likely a chance that AE will offer active diffs eventually (Losi and XRAY have, so it's only a matter of time until the other teams follow suit) I don't think you'll ever see it as a stock, in-the-box part due to the cost factor. Also, like you said, I don't really think the RC8 needs it.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Ok, somebody educate me on these active diffs. What do they do and why are you all so on the bandwagon?
Short version is they unlock off power lock up on power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.