Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tub Cyclone `S`

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I did notice they leak a little around the top but a small o ring type gasket will fix that.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Front 3Racing Spool

Hey guys, can you help please. I run a silvercan motor and am considering trying a front 3racing spool.

http://www.3racing.com.hk/x_descript...ducts_key=8760

I was wondering what else I need as I cannot see how the front belt attaches or do you just use the exsisting from drive gear?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

use the existing belt, just make sure you purchase the v2 steel hb drive shaft and the hb axles.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by vazzo
use the existing belt, just make sure you purchase the v2 steel hb drive shaft and the hb axles.
Is it possible to use the 3Racing universals? or am I best to stick with the HB products? I cant see myself running anything other than a silvercan. Thanks
Old 10-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

3Racing uni's should be fine for silver can racing bullfrog, as soon as you go into stock make sure you buy the HB spool, one way pulley, drive shaft and axles as they are much stronger. I thought you'd be better off running a front one way in 540 as you dont generally use brakes so it would certainly give you more speed.

cheers
adrian
Old 10-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Smile

Originally Posted by vazzo
3Racing uni's should be fine for silver can racing bullfrog, as soon as you go into stock make sure you buy the HB spool, one way pulley, drive shaft and axles as they are much stronger. I thought you'd be better off running a front one way in 540 as you dont generally use brakes so it would certainly give you more speed.

cheers
adrian
More speed is what I am after, would a front oneway be faster than a spool using a silvercan? you are right I can drive the track with out using the brakes, I just throttle off on the corners and average 7th in the A final, I run a 51mm rollout as its really a nitro track with long back straight but has alot of twisties on the front. Do 3Racing do a front oneway? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Spool scrubs off speed through corners, which is critical to 540 as the motor has no torque.

Even in stock in most cases you would be better off using a one-way though. The spool is easier to drive but if you are good enough then a one-way should be faster in stock.

Once you move up from stock the spool really starts to become most effective.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mangoman
Spool scrubs off speed through corners, which is critical to 540 as the motor has no torque.

Even in stock in most cases you would be better off using a one-way though. The spool is easier to drive but if you are good enough then a one-way should be faster in stock.

Once you move up from stock the spool really starts to become most effective.
About the Oneway, I see you can use a HB front oneway or 3Racing Center oneway, am pretty confused about what the difference is?

Great too see lots of helpful advise!

Cheers Guys!!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

There is a HB Centre One-way as well.
With the one-way you still have options which you can run at the front of the car. Ive never used a centre one-way and i've been told they are a pain as they get gritty easily and need constant cleaning.

When they get gritty the car the drive then becomes inconsistent.
Apparently using a centre one-way and a front one-way together is the most efficient drive but **SHRUG**?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Does HPI or anyone else make aluminum "C" hubs for the cyclone "S?"
Old 10-22-2007, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

HPI/HB dont but there are a few manufacturers around.

3 racing make them and i think Jet also make them (Pro 4 C Hubs are the same).
In my opinion though you are better sticking with the carbon graphite C hubs.
Note that the Cyclone S C-Hubs are different and they are ridiculously brittle

Aluminium C Hubs tend to bend and then this tweaks the car without you being able to work out what is wrong.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Can someone plz post up there setup sheet for stock ashphalt?

Cheers
Adrian
Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm i havent seen any setup sheets for the Cyclone S floating around.

But you probably want to set it up pretty similar to how all the other people setup the full cyclones.

I changed over the pivot blocks on mine but am suspect as to whether this caused my chasis to snap. Otherwise i would probably run a 2.5 degree block on the rear (assuming that is brushed stock on not brushless stock).
You need to raise the pivot block to as the plastic ones seem to have spacers built into them. On my S with a CF main chassis i raised the pivot blocks 1.5mm to match the plastic FR RF blocks.

Probably use the top mounting holes on the shock towers.

Last edited by mangoman; 11-20-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi,
newbie here, 1 question pls, what is the best gear setup (48p) with 23t stock motor for cyclone S, (using rubber tyre)

thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by limau
hi,
newbie here, 1 question pls, what is the best gear setup (48p) with 23t stock motor for cyclone S, (using rubber tyre)

thanks
I have no idea, you need to ask at your track the best rollout or final drive ratio. Gearing is dependant on many factors such as track size surface, type of motor and driving style (to name a few). For instance two different trinity 27T stock motors have a gearing difference of about 3 pinion teeth to get maximal peformance

Once you find out the rollout or final drive ratio you want to use i can help you out with the pinions and spurs that you may want to get.

Remember to tell people what motor you are using when you ask at the track, if no one will tell you i would go to a different track as it means they are not very friendly people and wont be very fun to race with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.