Community
Wiki Posts
Search

anyone buy a engine off ebay before???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default anyone buy a engine off ebay before???

I have bought LOTS of car parts. never had a issue. I see some really good engines cheeper the retail. The thing is even though they might have a good rating, i am still kinda nervous spending that kind of cash on someones rating. So anybody buy them off ebay?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
I have bought LOTS of car parts. never had a issue. I see some really good engines cheeper the retail. The thing is even though they might have a good rating, i am still kinda nervous spending that kind of cash on someones rating. So anybody buy them off ebay?
If its used I wouldn't buy it.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Hello,

I think anyone with a respectable feedback score wouldn't want to have it negatively impacted. Ask alot of questions, look at the feedback, and go for it!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

+1 on DONT buy a used engine on Ebay. But buying a new one is fine though. Most of these sellers do not want to ruin there positive feedback rating,so even though you buy a high dollar item you should be fine. I have never had a problem
Old 07-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

e-bay sucks I think there was just a thread about this same
thing some guy bought some motor off e-bay it went bad he
got burned I would not buy a motor off e-bay
Old 07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
e-bay sucks I think there was just a thread about this same
thing some guy bought some motor off e-bay it went bad he
got burned I would not buy a motor off e-bay

+1..if you get a lemon, you are screwed.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you buy a engine off ebay..Buy NIB from a seller that is authorized to sell the brand..Get a receipt from the seller and things sould be fine..Not a ebay receipt..a Sales receipt from the sellers store..If you do this you shouldn`t have any problem filing a warranty claim if need be..
Old 07-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanx. really appreciate the feedback. And i would never buy a used engine for anything. Car, boat, lawnmower. Nothing.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

the issue is not buying off ebay but buying a used engine in general, whether from here or anywhere else.

like said, I would look at the feedback first, maybe detailed pics of the engine too

someone might have 2 gallons on it and babies it, another one hauled ass leaned out.

I wouldn't buy a used engine unless it was a KILLER price, because the risk factor is pretty high...
Old 07-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just remember, more often then not nobody sells a good running engine. If it's used and it's on ebay, chances are somethings wrong with it.

I know from personal experience if I have a good running mill in my truggy or even as a back up. I'm not selling it until I blow it up or it ceases to run consistently anymore.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

i use a ebay store called Hopmeup. its a great store and i just bought a osxz .28 for $288.00 rather than $349,00tower hobbies. but just like the other guys said. i wouldnt buy used rc parts, just the new in bosx. clay unruh
Old 07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

My Brother Bought a used Go Tech .21 3port sport motor on ebay, had only 10 tanks on it. Somehow they guy cracked the block by where the carb goes in. My Bro paid like 30 shipped for the motor, JB welded the block, made sure there were no air leaks and ran it the first 4 weeks of this season, with great results! But truthfully, don't count on getting a good motor on ebay, its hard to really know how it was taken care of. If you get it on ebay, don't pay a lot for it and plan on putting some parts into it to get it up to par. Buy it and have it shipped right to your favorite motor modder/builder and have them go through entirely(if you don't know what you are doing yourself)
Old 07-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dreaux, I recently purcahsed a 1/8 scale buggy off ebay (received yeasterday) and so far so good, havent started it yet though but everything is brand new and squaky clean.
I have bought many things off ebay and the sellers care about their rating, they wont risk it selling a dodgy product. Look at their rating.
Also make sure you pay via paypal, this gives you security in buying, if the items differes even slightly paypal will refund all money (excluding shipping) and then chase the seller for money. This happened to me one, I bought a mobile phone and it wasnt as described, the seller wouldnt return my emails, I riased the issue with paypal and had all my money back within a week!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

+1 for paypal. Paypal is awesome!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually, a lot of ppl selling on ebay are legit shops. I once bought a serpent kit from a ebay seller, who turned out to be a local hobby shop that is about 20 mins away from my house. I did a local up and save on shipping + tax.

I have had good exp buying from rc-mushroom, gas19168, dinball.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.