Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IIC Returns - October 2-7, 2016

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I can deal with the 12th issues that way. Sounds acceptable even for those of us just using those tires that race only.

Now, I am trying to scrounge up the 1k to go, lol. Itching for a big 12th race, I hate summer, lol.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

If Matt's grades hold during his first 6weeks of high school we will be there . never flown to a race so I'm a little worried about how to pack our gear / equip / bodies there and back without getting separated from us ... Any one got any advise (just looking for different approaches that everyone uses )
Old 06-21-2016, 07:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
If Matt's grades hold during his first 6weeks of high school we will be there . never flown to a race so I'm a little worried about how to pack our gear / equip / bodies there and back without getting separated from us ... Any one got any advise (just looking for different approaches that everyone uses )
http://racerlog.com/wiki/Travel_With_RC_Gear
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Screw all that....I'm Road Tripping it.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TSA requires lipos to be in the cabin with you. I toss them in my lipo sack into my back pack carry on, along with my TX. I "check" everything else. No compressed fluids (paint, kicker, motor spray, etc). I double ziplock bag my shock oils (higher altitudes can make for a leaky mess!). Some guys use those snap seal tupperware. Roller bags are fairly standard. Weigh your bags before you get to the airport. I try for 48lbs or less. 50lb is the limit before you get charged even more! SW; bags are free. My wife works for Alaska. I can even let you know how many falcons you can bring or the age of a lap child.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure about inside the US, but people have had their radio's taken off them as they weren't allowed in the cabin with them, this seems to be mainly steerwheel radio's (something to do with them having a trigger mechanism).

This is a change that came in in the last six months.

At a UK airport recently, one security line allowed a few through in hand luggage, whilst another line refused and made them put them in the hold. Those of us with proper radios (stick ) didn't get stopped at all.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Probably too late for this year but think about Spec class being a hand out car? Think about the old IROC series from the '70s. Have Associated provide the APEX Scion Racing tC for racing and do the maintenance. When its time to race, you velco in your transponder and they hand you a transmitter.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnn27
If you run one of the foam classes I would need to bring a truer with me or will there be one on site?
IIC racers are very helpful, and I did borrow a truer for a couple of trips. A bit of cunning packing meant I took my own the last time I raced foam, and liked the familiarity of my own kit.

Not going to need one for this tip...World GT-R and F1 on rubber tyres for me. Although if you all keep posting Pro10 pictures...
Old 06-21-2016, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I've only had hassle once when an additive bottle leaked in my case. Completely my fault, as I usually avoid taking motor cleaner or additive and will buy when I get to the meeting. The onsite IIC shop is well stocked, so that works well.

My case of choice is a hard poly suitcase on wheels. It's done a few UK-US round trips and has the scars to prove it. My racing t-shirts get wrapped around cars (body mounts taken off) and to pack out bodyshells. Shock oils are put in a zip lock bag - I pack as few as possible. Rubber tyres in socks stops then separating.

The last meeting before I fly is the ideal time to try my cut down tool kit. That helps find the one thing I'd forgotten I'd need to work on the cars.

My stick radio goes in the case in the hold. I do make sure the batteries are disconnected. And if Fran sees any free space then more chocolates and tea bags for Brian and Mario

If in doubt then ask. Lots of experience on this forum from racers who've packed and flown to racers many times.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Hi Everyone,

Don't forget the entries go live June 28th on the site.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I marked the calendar.
Old 06-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i got a event reminder on my phone to tell me 5 minutes before it starts
Old 06-24-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have an ofna truer with the CRC adapter that I'll bring even if I don't race 1/12. I do have to cart it a whole 7 miles.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by mooby64
Screw all that....I'm Road Tripping it.
I did that drive. whoosh. its a LONG way...
Old 06-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

Well I just sold a fairly expensive router that I won as a prize...so there's a much better chance now that I may be able to attend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.