Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy! >

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I dont know alot of racers that have 2 of each car.... Its really expensive even for alot of the team drivers....
I do own 2 MP9's both with identical setups accept one has a O.S. .21 XZ-B and the other has the newer Speed tuned XZ-B .21...however I do not believe I will be purchasing 2 of the st-rr EVO's. Way too expensive of a kit just to have another as a separate practice Truggy. I may order another clocked Bonito .21 just as an extra because that engine looks as if it performs like a demon.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

well my advice is some what slanted and bias but i give to the best i can

i think the serpent truggy one the best out right now.
every time some one picks up the remote they want one and the truck can take a beating and it plane fast outt the box
Old 02-29-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by porkchop
well my advice is some what slanted and bias but i give to the best i can

i think the serpent truggy one the best out right now.
every time some one picks up the remote they want one and the truck can take a beating and it plane fast outt the box
Teah the serpent looks promising
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I've been passed by all these truggies and have passed all these truggies.
A good driver can make any of them look good. Only truck I never cared for was the Mugen.
Go with good parts support and pull the trigger on the deal.
Most of my experience is with the Losi and the Hot Bodies. Both are great machines and have won alot of races since they released.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I had the best luck with the mbx6t, its a awesome truck. Also had a d8t which is a good truck, But if I were to buy one today, I would buy the serpent, I had the chance to drive one and its turns awesome and has good traction. I did drive the losi as well, but to me if didnt have the off power steering that the mugen or serpent seems to have but it is a good truck as well and alot of guys in my area win with it
Old 02-29-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i dont want to sound bias but if you want good parts support and good quality not super good quality. But its not bad than go with the Associated RC8TCE and it comes with the needed upgrades and has lots of cornering speed and off power steering and its planted . Just dont use 7k in the rear diff thats all.

And you can get for $519 it might be cheaper at some places though .
But the truth is all the truggys listed are competive.

I wish i had one extra truggy to practice on and a other one to just race but thats $$$ lol.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I did see the Serpent truggies run at the Midwest race in Columbus and they did look really good as did alot of trucks but the Serpent caught my eye for sure.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Go to your local track and meet the local pro's. If you want to get good quick, you will need their help. Buy the brand that they race and they will likely give you good advice.
All the brands are good. You can formulate your opinion after you gain some experience.
Practice x 1,000
E
Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
I did see the Serpent truggies run at the Midwest race in Columbus and they did look really good as did alot of trucks but the Serpent caught my eye for sure.
my truggy at that race was pretty good.. i just made a few mistakes.. jeremy
Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Most modern truggies out there are more than competitive. The key is in the setup, tires and driving. You can't buy wins in RC but good gear and lots of practice (driving and setup) helps a lot. Whatever you get, keep good notes on what changes and what track conditions had good and bad results.
With that said, I really like to stick with the car my local track has the most parts for. Their are 2 owners of my local track, one drives for Kyosho, one for Associated, so the parts are in stock and when I break something odd, they usually have it. My opinion (only an opinion here) is the Kyosho ST-rr Evo, but many shops don't carry a lot of Kyosho parts.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I've ran the losi all last season, it's a good car and durable. However I am very excited to run Serpent this year- after talking to a lot of drivers it seams like it combines the best tributes of different brands like Mugen and Losi all into one car, and it's very durable to boot!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

i think the most shops here have kyosho parts but i need to check that up. Kyosho or serpent, need to look which parts they have around here or i need to order everything from the usa
Old 03-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Is there any big difference between the kyosho and serpent more then the price on then truggy itself and price on the parts?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

i have ran both
and imo the serpent truck can take a beating way better then the strr
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Your going to get 50 different options of cars it really is going to depend on how you drive and what your looking for in a car. I honestly believe you can make anything suit the user its just personal preference and part support. If your looking for the best cars look at race results and cars driven by A Main drivers. Losi had 6 trucks finish in the top 10 at the 2012 Nitro Challenge that alone speaks for itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.