Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
I couldnt get the rear half of the rear diff case out without taking the entire rear off the chassis... I'll fiddle with it some more.
just take it right out pretty quick still....
Old 01-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

hopefully my servo problems will soon be solved. I lent my car to a friend who has raced for many years. I bought my matrix from him and the car was deffinatly dailed in. Hopefully I will get my 8 back the same way.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Whenever I see the Losi guys (the factory ones) at the track working on them, they pull the whole "end" (housing, arms, etc) for service.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Just take out all the screws holding the halfs together then take out the two on the bottom that are at the most rear (also remove the nic-nac stuff, sway bar ect.).....then loosen the other two on the bottom........ then prop it up a little so you can get the part of the diff case that is in the chassis out and pull it towards you...(you may want to remove the chassis brace screw from the bottom also)
Before you put it back together round or angle the edge of the case with a dremel or file where it drops into the chassis (the half you removed ) This will make it easier to re-install and easier to remove next time.... Hopefully this makes sence !
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
getting the "rod" polished is always good
Haha
Old 01-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Recently joined the forum. Thought I'd post a pic of my new 8ight. Finished the paint a few days ago. Kinda sloppy, I wanted to get it done.

I'm just getting into 1/8 scale offroad. I used to race a 1/8 Serpent Onroad car about 20 years ago in Pomona at the Ranch Pit Shop. Still have that car in fact, along with a modified OPS engine Ron Paris built for me. That was a while ago. I have a lot of nitro stuff to re-learn! You guys are a big help there.

I also have a Losi XX4. I never raced it but I ran it a lot at an indoor track in Chatsworth (Race Prep). In fact, I recently upgraded it a bit. Its my fun car you could say. I dropped in a Mamba Max and a 3 cell lipo. It is insanely fast with those. I run it on the track with a regular 6 cell pack and that motor still cranks.

I've run about 4-5 tanks of fuel so far breaking it in. It has a Picco P7R Evo2. Sounds great! I forgot how sweet the nitro stuff is. I plan to actually get it dirty this weekend. I'll be running it at a track in Sun Valley, CA just off the I5. Anyone here race there? I stopped by the track last weekend. It looks real nice. Big track. Lot of elevation changes. They keep it in real good shape. Can't wait!

Well I'm looking forward to getting back into racing and hopefully can contribute to the forum in the future.

Take care!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanted to compliment you on the sharp looking paint job!

Have fun getting back into nitro... I've been tempted to try the electric stuff, but not interested in spending the extra dough.

Nitro seems like its more fun anyhow, but electric prolly make one a bit of a better driver (Technical and requires that you take the best lines around the track, it seems).

I'm really looking forward to the Losi evolving in the next few years. Maybe Santa will bring me a metric one next year, and force me to abandon my Hyper 8! I doubt it though...

Have fun with it, dood!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That paint scheme is AWSOME! Glad to hear you got back into nitro, and you did it the right way with the 8ight...now go racing!

Last edited by R40Victim; 01-12-2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Can't SPELL!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Px3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just a side note guys-Don't rear end revo's. Their rear arms/turnbuckles are at JUST the right height where they bend shock shafts...Well lets say 15 minutes and $15 later I was running again, lol. Shock shaft looked like this- )
Old 01-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Px3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And do you guys like my paint?

Think it's pretty cool. Gravy Graffix, Done by Slim Price (www.gravygraffix.com)
Old 01-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

finally got mine up and running, got a ninja in it thats awsome. i'm another electric racer getting into nitro. nice paint px3 and dexmo, i need some paint bad.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-tens-rc-cars-020.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-tens-rc-cars-009.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-tens-rc-cars-002.jpg  
Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What are the differences between the rtr and the kit? As far as chasis and components go? Sorry if this has been covered already. Jesse
Old 01-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

new body,wing and spektrum for the new season
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-8ight-1.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-8ight-2.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-8ight-3.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-8ight-4.jpg  
Old 01-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)

Since everyone is posting pics!!! It will be very interesting to see what AE comes to market with in 2007.

Paint was done by ROLY!! You can find his work on the painters thread under "Ask Roly of RC3 grafix)
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-p1000764.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-p1000765.jpg   Losi 8ight building and setup-p1000766.jpg  
Old 01-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hyper7vspec, your car looks like Rasta!... Bob Marley Style!

What are the differences between the rtr and the kit? As far as chasis and components go? Sorry if this has been covered already. Jesse
Shock caps are plastic, shock towers and chassis are different metal, diffs are filled with grease... those are the big diferences. The rear chassis mount only has one screw in stead of two, the wing is white in stead of black, and the body is prepainted...pretty basic stuff. Really, if you want to race, all you gotta do is put oil in the diffs. It actually handles very well, right out of the box. I watched one guy(a VERY good and experienced driver) take a near stock RTR to the A-Main, and pull off laps that are damn near as fast as the track record...the car is fast!

Since everyone is posting pics!!! It will be very interesting to see what AE comes to market with in 2007.
A couple of use were just talking about that trackside. We're wondering how much in common with the Thunder Tiger car it will have...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.