Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much does a Pro RC Driver make?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Too many people think there is big money in R/C.

Consider this........Michael Jordon got how much for being the "icon" for Nike?
How many people wear shoes? 1 billion? 2 billion?

Next ask yourself.................how many people participate in R/C?
1 million? 2 million? 10 million?

If this is the case wouldn't the highest paid R/C Pro make about 1/1000th what Micheal Jordan made off Nike?

Ryan,
Happy Birthday.
I hope 2011 finds you and yours healthy and happy.
All the best.

R/C X-Fest veteran
Moto
Old 01-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Chop is buying. Party time
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by willbe
The Chop is buying. Party time
i said ryan first round not ever bodys lol
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Best of luck with Durango Ryan, you are a fantastic representative and they could not have selected a nicer racer!
Congrats on your 10 year deal, I think it will be good for you and Durango
Old 01-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Happy birthday Ryan from me and the rest of the LRRCC committee and club members here in Sydney Australia!!!

i think if the "top" guys get paid well then good for them! to witness in person how good they actually are is a rare treat.

if their sponsors give them race bonuses for good performances (i assume this is contingency?) then giddy up!! i've been lucky enough to witness Ryan and a couple other "top" drivers first hand and as noted before there job is only partly up on the drivers stand with the controller in hand.

to always give every passerby time with questions and chit chat and to be always approachable even if their own racing isn't going as well as they'd like is outstanding.

in comparrison to sports like tennis or golf where players can come 50th in an event and still pocket a couple of grand i think an R/C driver pulling below 50K as a base salary is laughable.

anyway all the best Ryan hope you have a great racing year and a better 26th with your family and friends. hope to see you again Down Under soon mate

Mike
Old 01-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Best of luck with Durango Ryan, you are a fantastic representative and they could not have selected a nicer racer!
Really 10 year deal?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think a more politically correct question that Schreff somewhat answered is what is the average salary of a professional RC driver. Then it does not have to be personal. It might sound weird but check out cnn and other media outlets and we can see what different jobs are paying. RC driving is just much smaller population of those who can do it for their occupation. I still have my son in training to tell his high school guidance counselor he wants to be a pro rc driver. Think about it, that is what this hobby is missing that others do have. Why aren't there those Pro RC driver summer camps where you can go learn from the experts? BMX, skateboarding, motocross all do it. Unless I just have not found it yet.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mr.Lutz you know who this is I just wanted to say Happy birthday and if you think you have been blessed in 2010 then 2011 will blow your mind you know what i am talking about send me a message on FB when you have time, see you soon God Bless
Old 01-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"Why aren't there those Pro RC driver summer camps where you can go learn from the experts? BMX, skateboarding, motocross all do it. Unless I just have not found it yet."

Great idea! I've actualy been wanting to do this in my area for sometime now. Showing "newbies"/"sportsman level" how to maintain a clutch, tune a motor, set up a suspension/car, etc.. pretty much making it less scary for entry level people to come out to a club race and be confident they know what's going on so they can enjoy as well. I actualy spend most of my club races doing just that but a short educational series during the summers would help a lot more.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
I'm loving some of the contributions! Many very funny!

Case in point...Hilarious Jason!
And thanks for the b-day wish!

RaceCrafters answer of 0) $0 - $50k would be the average! If you win 10 big races a year you can possibly break into #1 based on contingency. If you win all the big ones you might hit #2.

086-75-3090

All very true. Sometimes a win or a loss can determine what your eating next week!

And true that to the last point!

Dont worry about the SS# Ryan has Life Loc
Old 01-06-2011, 05:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbranham50
"Why aren't there those Pro RC driver summer camps where you can go learn from the experts? BMX, skateboarding, motocross all do it. Unless I just have not found it yet."

Great idea! I've actualy been wanting to do this in my area for sometime now. Showing "newbies"/"sportsman level" how to maintain a clutch, tune a motor, set up a suspension/car, etc.. pretty much making it less scary for entry level people to come out to a club race and be confident they know what's going on so they can enjoy as well. I actualy spend most of my club races doing just that but a short educational series during the summers would help a lot more.
I agree, this would be a great idea. Maybe a way to make a lil extra change for the lower tier pro drivers. I know they even have paintball clinics. Why not RC?

Ryan- Would you be interested in something like this? A clinic of sorts to help the club level guys.

BTW Happy Birthday

I will be 37 next week. masters class is creepn up on me.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Well what are you waiting for Jason? I need some driving lessons!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Happy Birthday Ryan! You gonna be at PNB again this year?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

I too Jason have always wanted to do this. For me it's hard with not a consistent schedule. But to possibly plan a weekend thing is possible. I'd need some help doing it as I just don't have the time to plan it out I don't think, but I really do plan on doing this sometime in the future as well!

Originally Posted by .rc_racer
Mr.Lutz you know who this is I just wanted to say Happy birthday and if you think you have been blessed in 2010 then 2011 will blow your mind you know what i am talking about send me a message on FB when you have time, see you soon God Bless
Thank you for that! :-)

Originally Posted by jmackani
I think a more politically correct question that Schreff somewhat answered is what is the average salary of a professional RC driver. Then it does not have to be personal. It might sound weird but check out cnn and other media outlets and we can see what different jobs are paying. RC driving is just much smaller population of those who can do it for their occupation. I still have my son in training to tell his high school guidance counselor he wants to be a pro rc driver. Think about it, that is what this hobby is missing that others do have. Why aren't there those Pro RC driver summer camps where you can go learn from the experts? BMX, skateboarding, motocross all do it. Unless I just have not found it yet.
As mentioned above! It's a great idea and one i've wanted to do.

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Really 10 year deal?
That's how much I believe in Durango and their products!

Originally Posted by pantera nitro
Happy birthday Ryan from me and the rest of the LRRCC committee and club members here in Sydney Australia!!!

i think if the "top" guys get paid well then good for them! to witness in person how good they actually are is a rare treat.

if their sponsors give them race bonuses for good performances (i assume this is contingency?) then giddy up!! i've been lucky enough to witness Ryan and a couple other "top" drivers first hand and as noted before there job is only partly up on the drivers stand with the controller in hand.

to always give every passerby time with questions and chit chat and to be always approachable even if their own racing isn't going as well as they'd like is outstanding.

in comparrison to sports like tennis or golf where players can come 50th in an event and still pocket a couple of grand i think an R/C driver pulling below 50K as a base salary is laughable.

anyway all the best Ryan hope you have a great racing year and a better 26th with your family and friends. hope to see you again Down Under soon mate

Mike
Thanks Mike, Hope to come down and race again soon as well!

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Appreciate that!

Originally Posted by motomatt
Too many people think there is big money in R/C.

Consider this........Michael Jordon got how much for being the "icon" for Nike?
How many people wear shoes? 1 billion? 2 billion?

Next ask yourself.................how many people participate in R/C?
1 million? 2 million? 10 million?

If this is the case wouldn't the highest paid R/C Pro make about 1/1000th what Micheal Jordan made off Nike?

Ryan,
Happy Birthday.
I hope 2011 finds you and yours healthy and happy.
All the best.

R/C X-Fest veteran
Moto
Thanks Moto!

Originally Posted by matrixmike28
Dont worry about the SS# Ryan has Life Loc
Some keen eyes may see a song between the zeros of my SS#...I got a good one! ;-)

Originally Posted by KingKarate757
I agree, this would be a great idea. Maybe a way to make a lil extra change for the lower tier pro drivers. I know they even have paintball clinics. Why not RC?

Ryan- Would you be interested in something like this? A clinic of sorts to help the club level guys.

BTW Happy Birthday

I will be 37 next week. masters class is creepn up on me.
I am very interested! :-D

Originally Posted by MotoGod
Happy Birthday Ryan! You gonna be at PNB again this year?
Yes I will. Love that race!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Rock on. PNB is usually a killer race. We'll have a camp setup there again this year....swing on by and say hello to the Cape Fear Raceway crew from North Carolina ;-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.