Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hy Guys,
started the Build also and what can I say is.... INCREDIBLE ..

the technical solutions are only great and it's a big pleasur to just mount the car and see how easy it can be ...

only by mounting the front and rear shafts I fell in love and this is just the beginning

you will miss something when you have never build a A700

kind regards
Tom
Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like a work of art, looking forward to a few pictures coming through of the finished car.

Just read and re-read the manual for the set up of the shocks, think I have my head round it. It i sobviously vital that the 'A' and 'B' distances on the shock dampers are accurate side to side, and a neat little damper tool is provided to measure them, but how easy is it to access the shock with this tool to get accurate readings? From the pics it looks pretty tight for space in and around the shock, especially once the car is fully built.

Sure its something you'd get used to though.

More pics please
Old 10-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
Looks like a work of art, looking forward to a few pictures coming through of the finished car.

Just read and re-read the manual for the set up of the shocks, think I have my head round it. It i sobviously vital that the 'A' and 'B' distances on the shock dampers are accurate side to side, and a neat little damper tool is provided to measure them, but how easy is it to access the shock with this tool to get accurate readings? From the pics it looks pretty tight for space in and around the shock, especially once the car is fully built.

Sure its something you'd get used to though.

More pics please
Thats why I asked If you guys Find the solutions a bit more complicated than the traditional ways like Take off the Spring and put another one vs measuring A to B distances etc.
P.s Pls dont take that in wrong way and think Im hater or Something I even love to read the manual of this kit...
Old 10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Depends how technically minded you are really. I wouldnt recommend it to someone who was not serious about racing.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHLBxhcjvmQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbAbU...eature=related
Old 10-14-2011, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

The quality of the parts looks awsome (pun intended) my only concern is durablilty of the carbon wishbones, not sure how well they will withstand an impact on the cut edges

I want one but need to see one in the flesh before I spend my money and that might be some time yet

Bb
Old 10-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A700 has a ball stud mount that is mounted between the CF arm and plastic hasp so it could pop out and spare the arm, just depends on how bad the crash is. As the car gets out into the hands of various skilled drivers any issues that come that were not seen will be taken care of just like any other car. When you look at how long the development process was for this car, I’m sure they have seen and corrected all possible problems. I can’t wait to get mine!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You never know what can go wrong with a car until you put it into the hands of the average schmuck who doesn't maintain or drive his car as well as a pro. The first 6 months will probably be filled with all sorts of random failures that even over-engineering couldn't have prevented. Just the way it goes I'd love to get my hands on one but I don't run TC, it'd just be an expensive, enjoyable build I'm still considering it
Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default I'll be ready to take the plunge soon

...but in the meantime someone please put me out of my misery and post up some build pics fer chrissake
Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

To anyone who imported this fine piece of machine into the US, how much did it cost to get it across the us borders (duty fee/ import fees etc..) and how long did it take from confirmed shipment to door delivery?

Thanks...
ps. more build pics pls.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude

Gives new meaning to the cost of electric TC racing.

If its fast but no faster than anyone else's chassis, then it will be very pricey piece of "bling".

It its fast and beats everyone by more than a lap, then it will be the dagger that kills onroad TC.
Im just not sure I believe that.

On-road racing is relatively expensive. Touring cars are complicated machines, much more so now than 10 years ago. They use much more exotic materials than most other cars(like most typical offroad buggies and trucks), etc. And there is generally a greater need for high precision tolerances between the parts being manufactured. Not to mention the 4wd TCs just have more moving parts than most other cars.

All this adds up to an expensive piece of kit. The fact that the Awesomatix car does not require multiple different front and rear hubs, caster blocks, spring sets, shock pistons... comes with the option of a spool, ball, and gear diff... comes with the option of mounting the motor longitudinally or transversely, etc. And the fact that it uses even more exotic materials than most TC kits, such as the cf suspension arms and aluminum hubs... It stands to reason that it would be a bit more expensive up front.

Pick up a T3 2012 or 417X and all the tuning options you would need and you are looking at a similar price, maybe $100 less. If that makes or breaks on-road racing as a whole, then we weren't in a very good position to begin with.

The expense of onroad has always been one of its achilles heals. However, the complicated nature of the chassis setup and build, as well as the time required for upkeep to ensure the car is in top condition has always turned less hardcore hobbiests off from TC racing. Those who truly enjoy on-road racing tend to enjoy TC racing as well. And those are the guys who relish the idea of a kit employing unique ideas and engineering, exotic materials, and a plethora of tuning options.

On-road is a niche market. Always has been, always will be. And this kit fits the niche perfectly. It is going to appeal to those people who salivate at the thought of updated kits and new TCs. The guys who spend hours researching car setup and vehicle dynamics. A touring car is much less useful/appealing to a backyard basher than a truck or buggy is... and that is always how things will be.

Frankly, on-road has been hurting over the past 2-3 years. But the attendance at the IIC this year sort of puts things into perspective. We might be seeing a nice comeback and resurgence in popularity here. If anything, new and innovative cars like the Awesomatix are helping this resurgence... not hindering it.

IMO, of course.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

JamesL_71,
Thank you!
I totally agree with you.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

@Oleg
How about making some kits with less options and more affordable???
As you can see many people wants to buy but price+tax makes it quite unaffordable ...
Is there any chance for that???
Old 10-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Honestly guys....I seen this car at the IIC in person. I held both of them that Steen had with him and can say that it has some of the best craftsmanship of any car out there. It rivals Xray quality without a doubt. I was really really surprised to be honest it was as nice as it was (No offense Oleg). It really really was an awesome well built car to hold.

EA
Old 10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by yokemad
@Oleg
How about making some kits with less options and more affordable???
As you can see many people wants to buy but price+tax makes it quite unaffordable ...
Is there any chance for that???
yokemad,

Only a big and rich enough company can make cheaper cars because it needs a lot of expensive molds and big batches.
We are small company now.
Maybe in future after we become stronger we will design more affordable version.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.