Search

European Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
what are the three good grass tires?

have you tried the aka hard gridirons or hard crossbraces?

ahh you americans must have different grass
All those sort of tyres rely on friction between the tread and the blades of grass (green bit) which is actually not that high. Too slippy. Unless the track gets mega blown out and with so much sand that you then go to Badlands or Knuckles maybe. Never really gets to that stage as 2 weeks later it has grown back or you just move the track

Ideal grass tyres have long pins for penetration. Like those that all the 1/10 electrics came with in the 1980's.

In no particular order,
Schumacher Spiral (only one with 2 compounds I believe)
Ho Bao / Hong Nor Angle Spike
Medial Pro Turbo Rats (Hard to find here anyway)

Oh and a Panther tyre that is almost impossible to find. Cant recall the model name.

Then again, I guess there is no need for the Big 2 companies to bring out grass tyres, as we get traction rolls with the above-mentioned ones, so a "better" tyre would not necessarily be better?
Just be nice to have more choice
and seriously if Proline brought out a grass tyre everyone would buy it as they know the name

Last edited by Mark _australia; 11-17-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gextreme8
Lately, I've been looking at tracks and I am liking European style tracks. I know American tracks are more motocross, even including starting gates but I like how European tracks have fast sweepers, hard packed dirt and multiple surfaces like cobble stone and wood. I wish there would be more tracks like that in America. I am getting back into the hobby and will begin racing soon. Maybe I could push for a track redesign somewhere in Houston.
Houston Tracks are awesome already. Don't know when the last time you raced in Houston, but the latest Mike's layout for Nationals and Ultimate RC layouts for the State Finals were the best yet.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mark _australia
Talking about what people do elsewhere, I have always been surprised to find that Australia seems to be the only place where lots of grass racing is undertaken (real grass, not astro)
Our track at the club I run is grass. . . . until we get a dry spell in summer (rare in the UK) then the grass gets worn away to dirt.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Not sure how you would manage to stop this happening really?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Mo Denton
Great! Dont worry about a pitman. With a 600 entry limit im sure we could find someone, or since i wont be racing to make sure everything goes smooth i can pit ya!
Sounds good! Well, I am about to start getting my groove back this week as far as for handling a car. Putting this event in my calendar!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Beddo
Our track at the club I run is grass. . . . until we get a dry spell in summer (rare in the UK) then the grass gets worn away to dirt.

Not sure how you would manage to stop this happening really?
Nice driving man! And I do like the layout, it has nice flow. I hope to get to the point of driving like that soon!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mcion
Houston Tracks are awesome already. Don't know when the last time you raced in Houston, but the latest Mike's layout for Nationals and Ultimate RC layouts for the State Finals were the best yet.
Last time I raced was in like 2004 and it was my first and only race. But I plan on making it out to some of the tracks. Are the tracks usually kept up pretty good?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mikes yes, ultimate rc, last time I was out it was awesome, Katy is new but decent so far
Old 11-18-2011, 12:28 PM
DZM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIpGMhuNk3E