Community
Wiki Posts
Search

////who broke what at the SIC///////

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Thats a Z01B running on it in the video. We just had a club race on it, its was fine. Now we have removed the last chicane. We race monsters trucks on it too. The guy who won was using a revo 2.5. It actully turned tighter than the buggys.

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
Thats a 10th or 18th scale track. Too narrow for 1/8th.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont think that is was the big double in front of the driver stand that cuased all the engine cases to brake, I think it was a combination of the whole track just being hard as concrete! Not just the double on front straight, u also had to down side the table top in the back and if u did not u landed on top of it or past it which was the same effect as the front straight. the rythem section i was turn marshelling that and if u could hear the cars going over it , wow the flexing. Not complaining just leting everyone know that it was not just 1 or 2 jumps, its a comb of everything with the track being so hard.

Now other then that, track stayed consist and grooved up nice!

really the only thing i noticed was during the race we the drivers really did not know how far infront or behind u where like my b main i know i was 2nd but didnt know how far in front of 3rd place i was so i could take it easy and not break for the Amain. LOL But u guys worked hard.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
Thats a 10th or 18th scale track. Too narrow for 1/8th.
yes! even though this is my home track, it is VERY narrow! i just came back from the SIC and the lanes are 10x bigger! lol
Old 10-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We will not pack the dirt as much next year, we will use a hand roller like we use on our mini indoor track. We had no idea the dirt was gonna be that hard, when I was breaking it up yesterday the top 4-6 inches chunked up like concrete then the rest was soft. As for water we messed with that yesterday just to see and the water ran to the low spots and puddled up and what was wet was like ice. Now that we know a little bit about the dirt we can plan accordingly, hopefully without the packing it won't blow out cause then people will complain about that. I am sure that even places like the farm and the nitro pit were not A+ tracks right of the bat-it takes time to get everything right. No matter what I had a blast meeting everyone and hanging out even if it was till well after midnight a couple nights. The racing was awesome with the sportsman truggy amain being decided by .21 seconds-i apologize to everyone (especially Dave) for announcing that Stacey won, I had to many people standing in front of me to see the finishline, I could barely make out who was who enough to let everyone know that there was gonna be a mad dash through the whoops for the win. Again dave I am sorry but you drove your butt off in that race just wish I had been the one you beat or maybe vice versa. I'm coming for ya next time if you don't sell the truck

I was calling the amain races except for truggy (had to pit or porter). If someone wants to volunteer to announce som of the lower mains o heats next yearjust see john the director-all help will be greatly appreciated

Jason
Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The facility and the people putting on the event was great and the surface was even better. However, my only complaint is the layout. Keep everything else the same and put a more technical layout in there and SIC 2010 will be dialed!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was the lone electric truggy out there....had Zero problems with my Losi. Not a single broken part from it or any servos. Only issues I had were bad solder (my fault since I don't know crap about soldering, which David later fixed for me) and had 1 shorted motor and ESC and 1 motor that the screws stripped out of which caused the endbell to strip off. Took me out of 2 of the 3 heats and motor came apart in the main. Bad luck I guess....

As for the track I loved the woops section I made up and passed alot of people on it....so make sure its there next time....lol. As for the rest of the track yeah it was hard, but fun as crap. This was my first ever big event to attend and definitely had a blast.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
My car did great breaking nothing, although I did crack one case that can be expected when as a "racer" I over jumped a large jump and landed flat on such a hard surface.
Alan did it crack during practice?If so I think I have it on video.I'm uploading it right now.

I had a great time although my truggy main was cut short due to some electrical issues.Look forward to coming back next year.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackie_W
Alan did it crack during practice?If so I think I have it on video.I'm uploading it right now.

I had a great time although my truggy main was cut short due to some electrical issues.Look forward to coming back next year.
I think so.....

I'll check back...
Old 10-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Layout was good and the dirt being hard was great. I have been to a few big races and this is the first one the jumps didn't blowout. Wish there would have been safer marshall spots also.

As for as breaking stuff. I Broke a motor too (OS Speed) and a few other things.

But I had a blast and will be back next year.

Does anyone know where they are posting who won all the races

Last edited by kdx3 inc; 10-05-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slayyer
yes! even though this is my home track, it is VERY narrow! i just came back from the SIC and the lanes are 10x bigger! lol
Yes this is my home track as well and we all discussed before building it that we knew the track would definitely not be perfect the first time. However we need input from the people who are members of our club to get this thing dialed. I am available w/ my backhoe to make changes on THURS.FRI,and SAT if any of the track committee wants to make adjustments, I have some ideas but I am afraid of just going crazy with it. Any of you guys that want to come out and give me some guidance /boundaries???? Black, Perry, Seaya, Soup Nazi, Lumber Jack, Grouchy, we need some more members!!!! I have not run on it yet, I've been sick.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

It is tight by buggy standards, but I have been a member since the beginning of the club. We have had much tighter, 4 to 5 ft lanes. I have driven the track, if you can master it, bigger tracks will be nothing to you.

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Yes this is my home track as well and we all discussed before building it that we knew the track would definitely not be perfect the first time. However we need input from the people who are members of our club to get this thing dialed. I am available w/ my backhoe to make changes on THURS.FRI,and SAT if any of the track committee wants to make adjustments, I have some ideas but I am afraid of just going crazy with it. Any of you guys that want to come out and give me some guidance /boundaries???? Black, Perry, Seaya, Soup Nazi, Lumber Jack, Grouchy, we need some more members!!!! I have not run on it yet, I've been sick.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
I think so.....

I'll check back...

here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl_ZEWCnuFs

May not be you as I saw a couple of losi's with a paint scheme like yours there.1:50 into the video is what was causing alot of engine mounting ears to break .
Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On further inspection I found a crack in my motor. I wonder if you can even get a engine case for a Losi 350.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Lanes are wider than they appear in the video.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jared52
On further inspection I found a crack in my motor. I wonder if you can even get a engine case for a Losi 350.
I can get ya fixed up, send it in to the shop.....

I have it in stock...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.