Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Ultra GTP2e

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Has someone mention previously about what seems to be like a ring inside the wheels that makes you think something is rubbing?? I can't seem to find that post, unless I'm in the wrong thread.

I've check my tires/wheels as they are spinning (at low speeds), going straight, turning right, turning left and I still can't figure out how I'm getting that damn ring. Any ideas?? I know it's rubbing, but on what???????
Old 03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Has someone mention previously about what seems to be like a ring inside the wheels that makes you think something is rubbing?? I can't seem to find that post, unless I'm in the wrong thread.

I've check my tires/wheels as they are spinning (at low speeds), going straight, turning right, turning left and I still can't figure out how I'm getting that damn ring. Any ideas?? I know it's rubbing, but on what???????
If the ring you're referring to is on the rear, I would guess its dust inside the wheel rubbing against the turnbuckle link connected to the rear upright. The clearance can be tight in that area on some vehicles. A little dremel action can free up some room.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default One-Eighth Racers of Toledo Ohio

One-Eighth Racers have approved electric racing on Saturdays at Woodville Mall, Northwood Ohio. First activity tentatively will be Saturday April 16th test and tune. Pat from the Toledo Hobby Stop will be managing electrics. Race Schedule/details coming soon. Looks like 1/8th buggy based GT, VTA, stock and mod sedan. Track is first class, permanent, painted infield, 200' straight and has a very tall driver's stand. Fast GT nitro lap time is 24 seconds. Aero view of track is on this page:
http://www.racersoftoledo.com/photo_gallery.html
Old 03-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kcunamay
If the ring you're referring to is on the rear, I would guess its dust inside the wheel rubbing against the turnbuckle link connected to the rear upright. The clearance can be tight in that area on some vehicles. A little dremel action can free up some room.
It's actually in the front but I just can't figure it out. I see no evidence of the wheel rubbing on any part but I'll look again with some better lighting.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

It's actually in the front but I just can't figure it out. I see no evidence of the wheel rubbing on any part but I'll look again with some better lighting.
If it's on the inside part of the tire surface then it's called the Ring of Death. It happens on all scales running rubber tires. There's too much camber and/or the insert is too soft allowing the side wall the roll/fold over. Also seen it in cars with too much toe.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The clearance is good to go when the vehicle isn't moving....perhaps the rub mark came at a time when you were durability testing the car or hit a dot and the wheel flexed. Therefore causing the camber link to rub. It's a perfect circle as it was rubbing on one point while the wheel was spinning?

This is my best educated guess.

Hope to see you guys in H.B in 2 weeks. I know my son Jaiden can't wait for Gearbox.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Bro!!! I'm not sure about H.B....but definitely the next chance at Corona.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What fluid wt is used in the front/rear diffs and shocks when shipped from factory for this kit?

It lists 40wt in the manual for shocks but no information on the diffs.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My body is done, I'm just waiting on a few more parts and she'll be ready to go.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sweet paint job.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow
What fluid wt is used in the front/rear diffs and shocks when shipped from factory for this kit?

It lists 40wt in the manual for shocks but no information on the diffs.
I can't access the manual on-line but the OFNA DM-1 Spec looks very similar, that manual states front diff 100k and the rear diff 50k. When you look at your manual check the fine print when they are showing how to put the diffs together, it may be in that section. Sorry I can't do more. Good Luck!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My gtp2e had grease in the rear diff and something like 10k in the front.

What ride height are you guys using ??
What over ride height droop are you using ??

Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
My gtp2e had grease in the rear diff and something like 10k in the front.

What ride height are you guys using ??
What over ride height droop are you using ??

Thanks
Looked at the two manuals that came with the car and the ofna.com site and it just says apply grease 2/3rd full. Suspect it is 3-5k range as the 100k (front) & 30k (rear) I put back in was thicker then molasses.

For ride height and droop try the following to start:

Rough Surface : 12mm front, 14mm rear (droop screws all up. If you traction roll try 2mm all around)

Smooth Surface (high grip) : 9mm front, 10mm rear (droop 3mm all around, If you traction roll use 3.5 front)
Reduce roll further by installing stiffer DM-1 springs (front yellow, red rear).
(Note: By limiting suspension movement and cars roll this will drastically reduce grip and increase overall responsiveness)

Set droop by using a 2,3,4mm washer beside the drop screw and then adjusting the screw in/out until arm/washer sit flush.

stock : 3mm front & back

low grip : 0mm (pull the screws all the way up)

My Normal Setup : 3.5mm front , 2mm rear (Makes car feel pushy cornering)

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 07-12-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you Capt'N Slow
Old 04-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default SNR Graphite Parts

Made the order to replace all the top deck pieces with the SNR graphite. Here is the weight differences from stock.

Front shock tower GTP2e:
Stock: 8.4g
SNR: 5.2g

Rear shock tower GTP2e
Stock: 23.6g
SNR: 13.5g

Front top plate GTP2e
Stock: 8.9g
SNR: 5.1g

Front Drag Link GTP2e
Stock: 4.2g
SNR: 2.0g

Center top plate GTP2e
Stock: 7.5g
SNR: 2.8g

Total Girth Lost : 23.8g or ~45% over stock

Will be saving up to purchase the graphite chassis to put my gtp2e on a real diet.

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 07-12-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.