New Hobby Store And Indoor Offroad Track Coyote Hobbies Victorville Ca

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hobby Store And Indoor Offroad Track Coyote Hobbies Victorville Ca

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks dave for the long mains on saturday!!!! Really had fun.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by {5}spike{5}
Thanks dave for the long mains on saturday!!!! Really had fun.
i agree those 15 minute mains were fun fer sure.
my buddies and i really had a good time up there this past weekend. we will defintly be back real soon.
Hows the track change going? and will it be all new for this weekend?
Old 03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Error404
Came in last night to see the shop and track, great bunch of people. Dave brother was at the front, answering my questions I had, Daves wife came in, great woman, these are the type of people that keep businesses like this open and keep people coming back. Fred seemed to have an attitude though.
Hey guys,

Saturday racing has been awsome, I keep getting great feedback from all of you. Most feedback has been very good with very little negative. Thanks for the compliment on my Ole' Lady, I feel the same way. My brother is alright too. Now as far as Fred is concerned..... He is a good guy....just a little rough around the edges. He is not an employee of mine. He is a friend that hangs out and helps in the shop. He is very knowledgable with heli's and airplanes. Most of the time, he will talk your ears off. I'm sorry if he made you feel that way, I will talk to him. I know he was tired and not feeling well that night. Not making excuses, just trying to give some insight on that given night.

Heres an update on facility. I added 12 more pits to the pit area and can accomondate 60 pits now with more to come in the future. I also bought more chairs so that is not an issue anymore. I will also be making the track area 20 to 25 percent bigger with a new layout and try to get that done by next Tues. I will post pics when that is done. With in the next 2 months, I will be opening up a service window to the pits so we could offer a snack bar, parts and service to the racers. I plan on having a fleet of 10-20 Short Course rentals as well.

As for the store, I'm still trying to stock what people want. We are growing and sales are getting better. Most of my profit is going back into stock. Im pleased with outcome so far. Big Thanks to all my customers. I will update you guys as changes happen.

Im in the very early stages of planning a 6 race series and an annual 2 day event with big prizes. I will post details with in the next couple of months so stay tuned.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 03-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Coyote Dave
Hey guys,

Saturday racing has been awsome, I keep getting great feedback from all of you. Most feedback has been very good with very little negative. Thanks for the compliment on my Ole' Lady, I feel the same way. My brother is alright too. Now as far as Fred is concerned..... He is a good guy....just a little rough around the edges. He is not an employee of mine. He is a friend that hangs out and helps in the shop. He is very knowledgable with heli's and airplanes. Most of the time, he will talk your ears off. I'm sorry if he made you feel that way, I will talk to him. I know he was tired and not feeling well that night. Not making excuses, just trying to give some insight on that given night.

Heres an update on facility. I added 12 more pits to the pit area and can accomondate 60 pits now with more to come in the future. I also bought more chairs so that is not an issue anymore. I will also be making the track area 20 to 25 percent bigger with a new layout and try to get that done by next Tues. I will post pics when that is done. With in the next 2 months, I will be opening up a service window to the pits so we could offer a snack bar, parts and service to the racers. I plan on having a fleet of 10-20 Short Course rentals as well.

As for the store, I'm still trying to stock what people want. We are growing and sales are getting better. Most of my profit is going back into stock. Im pleased with outcome so far. Big Thanks to all my customers. I will update you guys as changes happen.

Im in the very early stages of planning a 6 race series and an annual 2 day event with big prizes. I will post details with in the next couple of months so stay tuned.

Thanks,
Dave
Originally Posted by RCpops50-2.0
You really should not make snap judgments about people while you were dead on about Dave's brother and wife Fred has never had an attitude that I have seen he always greets me with a hello and a hand shake when I go there.
It wasn't a snap judgement. I was simply stating what I saw when I was there, if it was just a bad day and he wasn't feeling good, I apologize, I have those days, for a brand new customer to the shop it wasn't a major issue, but was something I wanted to point out being a business owner.

Dave, I left my business card with contact information in case you ever need a hand around the shop/track, anyway I can help out feel free to shoot me a PM or a phone call!
Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Didn't see this anywhere, what's the price for practice? I'm from up north but have family there I might be visiting in April, you have free practice during the weekdays?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe it's $10 for the day.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dragrcr
Didn't see this anywhere, what's the price for practice? I'm from up north but have family there I might be visiting in April, you have free practice during the weekdays?
Unfortunately, Dave wants to keep his shop doors open so he has to charge $10 bucks. That is for the entire day, come and go as you please. If you buy a kit from him and ask nicely he'll probably let you run for free, anyday
Old 03-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I finally made it out there a couple of weeks ago. Nice facility, great guys behind the counter and cool little track! A bit smaller than some of us might be used to, but great use of the space and professional build! Pits were nice and bright even without lights on.

Ran Losi "red" compound clay tires and Proline "MC" compounds.. both had great traction and very consistent all day.

I definitely recommend this track!

Are you guys racing tomorrow? Might make it out. Probably going to rain, so my home track isn't looking so good outdoors.

Jerome
Old 03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
I finally made it out there a couple of weeks ago. Nice facility, great guys behind the counter and cool little track! A bit smaller than some of us might be used to, but great use of the space and professional build! Pits were nice and bright even without lights on.

Ran Losi "red" compound clay tires and Proline "MC" compounds.. both had great traction and very consistent all day.

I definitely recommend this track!

Are you guys racing tomorrow? Might make it out. Probably going to rain, so my home track isn't looking so good outdoors.

Jerome
Racing is at 5PM tomorrow. Track has changed since then, Dave has expanded the track so it's not 30% bigger and it has more pits. The whole crew at Coyote is a class act. I will now be going to Coyote for all my needs, as much as I may bug him coming in and bullshitting
Old 03-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,

Track will be same for Club racing this weekend. We have already enlarged track area. We will level out the track on sunday and the new layout will begin monday after the first of 3 truck loads of clay arrives. Hopefully the new track will be open Tues. It just depends on how much we get done. Track will be 30% larger. I will post pics when done.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Wow!!! Talk about a packed house tonite!
Had a good day at Coyote, we will continue to make the trip up the hill to come race here.
Even the "angry white guy" was pleasnt today
Sorry Fred, I got a good kick out of that story u told this morning.
Anyways Dave, you got a good thing goin here. Can't wait to get back up there, suks I had to bail before the mains though
Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes it was a packed house last night!!!! All the CCR and Team Chaos drivers had a great time.

How about that 6 yr old driving an 1/8th on 4s and not injuring anyone or crashing through the wall into the parts dept.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (99%+)
Smile

Coyote Dave,

Can you please widen the lanes just a little so Tumbleweed and Jammin Jeff can stop running in to me when I lap them. PLEASE.

John AKA Willie Jenkins.....
Attached Thumbnails New Hobby Store And Indoor Offroad Track Coyote Hobbies Victorville Ca-img_0692.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Error404
The whole crew at Coyote is a class act. I will now be going to Coyote for all my needs, as much as I may bug him coming in and bullshitting
Nah I all go in there and bug/ bullshit with him all the time. As long as it's not crazy busy dave and fred will bullshit with you all night.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys,

Packed house for club racing this weekend. 76 entries. Thanks to every one who came out to race. I want to give a special thanks to the Palmdale folks from Controled Chaos. It was awsome meeting you. Great bunch of guys. I'm gonna try and make it out to your track soon.

We got that track area built out and leveled the track.........Mother nature stopped our progress. We did not anticipate all the rain we got. So no clay today. Quarry is too wet for truck to get in. I'm hoping we could get some clay before Friday. Keepin fingers crossed. If not, then there will not be a race this weekend. Maybe we will do a flat oval till we can get some clay. Track area looks alot bigger which is 30% larger. We got the lay out sprayed down and looks good. I will keep you updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.