Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Notice anything different on these RC8bs? >

Notice anything different on these RC8bs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Notice anything different on these RC8bs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Maifields car from Rd6 KBRL @ ET Moto Park:

Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

I might be starting a flamewar here but Im glad I moved on.
I feel left out with AE to be honest. Its like all those factory drivers has been using lots of parts on their cars for several months now that arent available to everyone else, and theres nothing about a new car coming soon or any of these parts becoming available.
Despite that the car is old, heavy and simple compared to alot of the very innovative new cars.

Its a car for Maifield not for us
Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lilja
I feel left out with AE to be honest. Its like all those factory drivers has been using lots of parts on their cars for several months now that arent available to everyone else, and theres nothing about a new car coming soon or any of these parts becoming available.
Despite that the car is old, heavy and simple compared to alot of the very innovative new cars.

I understand what youre saying. I dont think AE is trying to keep these parts from us. They are making sure they test and test and test to make sure that they work well.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Would you like AE to just throw something on the market to make it "look" as updated as the other kits on the market or test something for it to actually make a difference? They have been testing it since the worlds and will be available soon. Soon we will be able to use the same parts. Be patient. There isn't anything wrong with the car the way it is anyways. They are just simply making it better. No, there isn't a new car coming. these parts will be an update kit from what I have been told BUT they WILL be available to everyone.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4maz
I understand what youre saying. I dont think AE is trying to keep these parts from us. They are making sure they test and test and test to make sure that they work well.
I would say that's a good observation. Judging from the pic's on this thread, you see many different scenario's on the tower's.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34
Would you like AE to just throw something on the market to make it "look" as updated as the other kits on the market or test something for it to actually make a difference? They have been testing it since the worlds and will be available soon. Soon we will be able to use the same parts. Be patient. There isn't anything wrong with the car the way it is anyways. They are just simply making it better. No, there isn't a new car coming. these parts will be an update kit from what I have been told BUT they WILL be available to everyone.
I think what I wrote came out a bit wrong.
The point I was trying to make is the lack of info. To me the whole brand feels like theyre making a car for their factorydrivers and then they have "that" car that you can buy if you feel like it.
Besides those parts that theyve been testing for like I dunno 4 months atleast now have been looking exactly the same on all factorydrivers cars since then, Im not sure how much testing they need to get a normal shockposition.

Then theres the issues with the fueltank (that Ive luckely not had a problem with so far). I mean honestly that problem has been around since 2008 and what happend? Yea they changed the plastic in the tank for the RC8B but hasnt really improved it all that much from what Ive understood.
They also "secretely" changed the A-arms both front and back for the RC8B, dunno if you noticed it, but you apparently cant buy the new arms, if you order A-arms to your car now youll get the old ones from the RC8.
The response I get is "they need to sell out the stock of the old ones first". Eeh honestly?
Ive also had a numerous amount of parts broken in the kit on both my truggy and my buggy. Ranging from screws with no threads. Shockcaps with no threads. Cracked C-hubs (on both sides). Cracked chassistiffner.

Okay I shouldnt bash AE too much, Ive never really had problems with either of the cars once they were running, and theyre cheap and parts are cheap and theyre easy to build.
Dont know though, dont like the attitude they have. They really need to be "out there" more. Show off, show that theyre here and that they make the best car.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Yes I noticed the arms. The update package will consist of towers and arms. I think I remember Maifield telling me the chassis is a tad longer as well. Those 3 will be the update package.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think it was confirmed a few pages back in the buggy thread
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think what I wrote came out a bit wrong.
The point I was trying to make is the lack of info. To me the whole brand feels like theyre making a car for their factorydrivers and then they have "that" car that you can buy if you feel like it.
I'm not sure how a company would go about this another way? The factory guys get the prototype parts to test to see if the car works better. Once a combination has been found that makes the car better in most, if not all situations, those parts are released as either an update or a whole new kit. Somebody has to test the parts first, and guys like Maifield, Cavalieri, Drescher, Cragg and Saxton have the experience and can give feedback to the engineers on whether new parts work well.

Besides those parts that theyve been testing for like I dunno 4 months atleast now have been looking exactly the same on all factorydrivers cars since then, Im not sure how much testing they need to get a normal shockposition.
They may look the same on all the cars, but they might not BE the same. As I say this, understand that I'm not privy to the discussions on the new parts. What might look like two identical shock towers on different cars at different times could be subtly different. One tower may be 2mm taller than another. One tower may have inner camber link positions that are slightly different than another. One tower may be 1mm thicker or thinner than another, or have different machining done to it.

They also "secretely" changed the A-arms both front and back for the RC8B, dunno if you noticed it, but you apparently cant buy the new arms, if you order A-arms to your car now youll get the old ones from the RC8.
The response I get is "they need to sell out the stock of the old ones first". Eeh honestly?
No secret to it. The new arms became available when the RC8B was introduced. While I can understand a situation where a hobby shop might still have some of the original RC8 arms on their wall, the RC8B arms have been available for quite a while, and should be easy to find. If all else fails, you can call AE and get the RC8B arms straight from them.

Ive also had a numerous amount of parts broken in the kit on both my truggy and my buggy. Ranging from screws with no threads. Shockcaps with no threads. Cracked C-hubs (on both sides). Cracked chassistiffner.
Very frustrating stuff for sure, for you AND for AE. Did you give customer service a call when you came across the faulty parts so they had a chance to make it right for you? If not, please do!

Okay I shouldnt bash AE too much, Ive never really had problems with either of the cars once they were running, and theyre cheap and parts are cheap and theyre easy to build.
Dont know though, dont like the attitude they have. They really need to be "out there" more. Show off, show that theyre here and that they make the best car.
What would be ways for them to be in the public eye more? Please don't take my responses as "coming after you" in any way. Just trying to give some information and get some information.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I have heard some stuff that there will be a chassis change tower arms and some other small changes to the car. The future chassis i hear will no longer be black. Also car is going on diet so i can see lighter out drives and other things. But i hear the deal is no car till 2012. The in the mist's of trying to get all things lined up and ready
Old 02-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

It looks like an updated RC8 will be out soon. New towers, arms and longer chassis. Here is a video at Motorama of Ryan Maifield talking about the changes (go down on the page and click on the ryan maifield video).
Old 03-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Any word on this update kit as of yet.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

2011 Dirt Challenge

Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

2011 Motorama

Anyone know what springs the white and blue ones are? OFNA? Jammin? It looks like Maifield and Cavalieri strip the paint off of theirs.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

And theyre going back to using the as-designed steering rack??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.