Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE RC8 v.s. Xray 808

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

very good choice with the rc8. Keep you receipt and contact associated so you can get the new updated tank for free
Old 07-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol i guess youve never been on xrays forums but im 808 all the way so you cant go wrong with any buggy now adays
Old 07-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Before you talk about support, you need to go to Xray's website and visit their forum, and then make your decision. I've driven the RC8 and I agree that it is a good buggy but requires attention to set-up esp. on the rear suspension as it gets a little nervous if not set-up to the right specs.

The Xray although looks like a Losi but that's where the similarity ends. The build and quality is untouchable and I'm not the only one who will vouche for it. Handling is more balanced and stable than the Losi. You won't be afraid to drive hard with it at all.

In the end, it's all up to you but please make sure you get to see and experience the 808 before you pull the trigger.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ive owned both cars and all i have really to say is that i love both but in the end the 808 takes bumps and ruts way better, turns even harder than the rc8, and plus xray just makes better parts an AE. I would deff say go 808