Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pit Stop Hobbies 2010 Season

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dan r
i went there to check it out.. if the track is dry Losi X's work well, if they keep it wet I like Holeshots. I was told a few weeks ago they were using BK Bars and Bar Codes, but the track has broken up some since then. Hope that helps a little.
this was on a 2wd...

i did try Big Shots, they just weren't as good.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i did myself had a real good time there friday night.wyd-i fought with not having any rear traction with the sct as well.

as for 2wd buggy tire...by al meens i wasnt i contender.but tire wise i used losi 3 rib in reds in the front and proline evil twins in m3 in the rear.that seemed to work better than losi 2 rib in red in the front with losi bk-bars in red in the rear.

im most definately making the trip there for the trophy race.
c-ya guys then.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Any word on entry fee's ?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just curious about the rules for SCT. I think I remember reading that your stock rules are the ROAR rules and than Mod is obviously mod. Just want to clarify myself and James Schlick are making the trip from Long Island and I run SCT so I want to know the rules so I can be ready. Thanks and looking forward to the race on Saturday.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info Bob. Will you be racing this time around?

As Ryan said, does anyone know the entry fees? Will there be tech enforced?

Johnathan,

I hope to see you there. A few of us are planning on coming up if this thread gets some life. For this to be a sponsored or trophy race it sure is hard to get info.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 05-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Should be a good race. I was wondering if you were going to show up for this one. I myself would also like to know what the entry fees are. Well once again I am looking forward to this race.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Just asking a question. Will you guys even have a Mod SCT class? It does not look like it and if that is the case than I will probably not be coming as my truck has a lot of stuff that I do not feel like changing. My truck is ROAR spec but not spec spec. Need to know before I make the trek.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I will be up for the trophy race this weekend...any word on the race fee's? and was wondering if there is a place to plug into or do i need to power off my car? let me know please. any hints to what tires are working for 2wd mod and mod truck would be great!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

also...is there any hotels near by? i would like to find some where close to room at. if any one could help me out that would be great!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bshay
also...is there any hotels near by? i would like to find some where close to room at. if any one could help me out that would be great!
Mt Joy does have a few hotels. They would be like 10 minutes or so from the track. Unfortunately I forget the names of them. I would just search hotels for Mt Joy PA and something should pop up for you.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:12 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Sohlman113
Just asking a question. Will you guys even have a Mod SCT class? It does not look like it and if that is the case than I will probably not be coming as my truck has a lot of stuff that I do not feel like changing. My truck is ROAR spec but not spec spec. Need to know before I make the trek.
I don't recall anyone running mod SCT all year as far as from I know. Most run spec with any SCT parts allowed from any brand SCT to be switched. Like alot of HPI guys use the Slash speedo. Alot of guys also use the Slash tires on the different brands as well.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Ok guys hope this helps you all out.
As far as entry fee goes it is $20 dollars for the first class and I beleive it is 10 for the second. I will ask Jim tomorrow when he is in the shop.

SCT Rules.

We do not have a Mod class but do offer 2 different classes for the 2WD SCT.

Ok for the Spec class the rules are:
1.Batteries - Any 6-Cell Nickel based (NO 7 cells) or 2S (7.4v) LiPo
2.Body - Any SCT style body (NO BAJA BUG bodies)
3.Chassis - Stock chassis only. No modifications that will effect suspension/steering geometry (TRUCKS MUST OBTAIN FULL FRONT AN REAR BUMPERS)
4.Differential – Stock Gear diff only (NO BALL DIFFS AND NO LOCKERS)
5.Drivetrain - Must retain stock drivetrain. (NO CVD'S!!!) None of the RTR's come with CVD's
6.ESC – Stock RTR ESC'S only (RTR ELECTRONICS MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)
7.Gearing (Spur/Pinion) – Any spur/pinion that will fit without modification.
8.Motor – Stock (RTR version) (RTR MOTOR'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)
9.Radio - Stock or Aftermarket
10.Receiver - Stock or Aftermarket
11.Servo - STOCK ONLY!!!! (ONLY RTR SERVO'S MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS)
12.Suspension - Stock springs only. Shocks may not be interchanged between manufaturers! You may use any oil in the shock. (NO SWAY BARS!!! TRAXXAS MAY RUN OPTIONAL ALUMINUM SHOCK CAPS. NO EXTRA HOLES MAY BE DRILLED FOR NEW CAMBER LINK OR SHOCK POSITIONING)
13.Tires – Stock SCT tires only (RTR TIRES ONLY MAYBE BE INTERCHANGED BETWEEN MANUFACTURERS) NO BOW TIES, SWITCHES, GOOSEBUMPS, OR SLICKS!!! ALL TIRES MUST HAVE TREAD SHOWING. YOU MAY RUN ANY FOAM OF CHOICE THOUGH SINCE NO 2 MANUFACTURERS FOAMS ARE THE SAME)
14.Wheels – Stock SCT wheels only
15.Weight (NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED TO INTENTIONALLY LOWER ANY TRUCKS WEIGHT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE ALLOWED TO ADD WEIGHT...)
16.Must be 2WD only

The second class we offer is ROAR SCT rules.
These rules allow the use of ball diffs, CVD's, any SCT tire no 1/8 scale tires, 17.5 motor,
Just about anything goes in this class if you want you can look up the roar rules on the computer.

We also have 4WD SCT which is mod but have to run SCT tires only.

Last edited by Bob Moore; 05-27-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Hey Bryan I do not think I will be able to make this one. My work is behind and might have to work this Saturday and part of Sunday. Will know for sure tomorrow. I hope to race looking forward to racing everyone.

Also guys sorry can't help you out on the tires for 2wd and truck tires. I do know I have seen alot of diiferent style tires being used with success. So far the track does not seem to be a 1 or 2 tire track. Hopefully one of the other guys can chime in and help you guys with that.

As for tires for Spec SCT. Either the Slash or the Blitz tires seem to be working really well. I know Brian ran the Associated tires but said it was a handfull.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Looks I am going to miss a good SCT spec race with old WYD and Frymar, I would love to come but going to cash money race at east coast, gotta keep the money flowing so i can beat Both Brians next time we meet, lol...
Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Kash$
Looks I am going to miss a good SCT spec race with old WYD and Frymar, I would love to come but going to cash money race at east coast, gotta keep the money flowing so i can beat Both Brians next time we meet, lol...
Can'y make it as this is the weekend I'm moving. I hate moving!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.