Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB Mods Tuned pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default EB Mods Tuned pipe

i recently just brought this pipe/header from RC Compound, unbelievably the motor ran awesome coupled to this pipe.

its smooth and has nice power all through out, my engine felt like it could rev to the moon.

i saw this pipe run on other racers rides, and i noticed i was not alone LOL this is a pipe i recommend if you own a Vspec, its a great pipe to have in your pit box. here is where i brought mine for 109 dollars shipped:

http://www.rccompound.com/ProductDet...uctCode=EBpipe

you can also check out how it did on a dyno for all you dyno peeps on EB mods website.

within the next 2 to 3 weeks i will be seeing how my lap times and run times differ between the JP3 and this pipe. im guessing with its smooth power band and high end power, it might be better for most track conditions as the JP3 seems to be a bit more punchy.

either way im stoked on this pipe. EB did good as usual!

Last edited by Jesse; 01-14-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

FYI, the pipe is an EFRA 2041. If I'm not mistaken, there's a Mielke 2041 pipe & Masterfix also. They're the same pipe. The O.S. 2060 pipe is an EFRA 2042 by the way.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
FYI, the pipe is an EFRA 2041. If I'm not mistaken, there's a Mielke 2041 pipe & Masterfix also. They're the same pipe. The O.S. 2060 pipe is an EFRA 2042 by the way.
this is the Mielke 2041 pipe using a different length header to better suit the V-Spec.. I will definitely be trying one on my V-Spec for next season...
Old 01-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Mielke pipes are awsome ! I use a 2011 on my Novarossi's with unreal results ! IF it works half as good on an OS I'm sure it will be a totally awsome pipe !
Old 01-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Good performance on medium sized track. I'll get to run it on a large track in a few weeks.

Last edited by 8ightScale/CJP; 01-15-2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: ???
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

you are correct, but what was said already it comes with a different header and it also comes hardcoated.

it only but cost 10 dollars more than the Mielke 2041 pipe, which isnt hard coated.

i looked into buying the Mielke pipe, but after seeing the price difference its almost a no brainer for sure to go with the EB version of this pipe!

Last edited by Jesse; 01-14-2008 at 04:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

I have tons of headers, so I wouldn't buy the EB version just for the header. I would have the 2041 pipe and use my headers to match my track. Plus I hate the black or anodized pipes. As for different headers, I can't say that is. Look at the Mielke, Reckward Tuning and Masterfix. They all have the same header flanges. Pretty weird to keep the same 4 hole flange if its it different. I would like to see the someone compare it. I have the pics of the Mielke and its looks exactly the same.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-14-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

thats cool, but i personally have yet to even need to change headers out track side for certain track layouts and so on...i raced at large tracks like sun valley to revelations to medium sized tracks like santa barbara and Hemet, to small tracks like hot rods.

not once did i have to change my header and i ran different types of engines. but i have changed my gearing or changed setup, plus with this pipe/header combo it allows this engine to perform on point.

I personally really like a hardcoated pipe, much more durable in comparison, i owned a JP1 pipe that wasnt, it saw the freezer more times then what it saw the track lol
Old 01-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

look at the pics above, he can simply wipe that pipe clean, as my pipe looked more dirty than that after racing yesterday, do you just not like hardcoating because of looks? thats the only reason i could think of not running a hardcoated pipe.

My Mugen 1005 pipe is hardcoated by BCE, its still in great condition after one year of racing....but my JP1...it was trash after 4 to 5 months of straight racing.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

I don't like the looks. The polished ones I will wire brush to clean them when they get nasty, but usually by then they're no good, either polished or coated. Only the JP pipes with hard stingers last longer.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

I don't like the looks. The polished ones I will wire brush to clean them when they get nasty, but usually by then they're no good, either polished or coated. Only the JP pipes with hard stingers last longer.
How is it they are no good anymore? a pipe shouldnt just go bad...unless it got damaged.

i have over one year on my hardcoated 1005 and still runs the same...i definitely do not clean my pipes with a wire brush...i use VERY fine steel wool, works awesome on crome pipes and or hard coated pipes as well...

or you can soak em in some coolant...that seems to work really well...but a wire brush is too brutal on pipes...JMHO
Old 01-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Generally, by the time they really ugly, the stingers are generally damaged and dinged. The hard coating helps, but the stinger still takes a shot every now and then. Thats what I was meaning about the JP Jammin hard stingers.

I'm wondering if this pipeset works better then the O.S. 2060 on the O.S. Speed .21. I bouncing between the two right now.

Last edited by ezveedub; 01-14-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Generally, by the time they really ugly, the stingers are generally damaged and dinged. The hard coating helps, but the stinger still takes a shot every now and then. Thats what I was meaning about the JP Jammin hard stingers.

I'm wondering if this pipeset works better then the O.S. 2060 on the O.S. Speed .21. I bouncing between the two right now.
im not too sure, as i dont have a speed, however im thinking why not.

but generally, i know for certain the speed worked great coupled with a JP1 pipe on a small to medium sized track in a truggy.

the 2060 seemed better on large tracks if i remember right, so this pipe/header combo EB provides might just be it...good question for sure!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hi jesse,

how's the ebmods pipe doing with the V-Spec?
and have you tried the mugen 1005 pipe with the same engine?

any comments?

reason i'm asking is tt i'm looking for a pipe set to go with my Speed,
read your thread on the ebmods pipe and thinking that ebmods pipe might just work with the Speed.

i'm looking to try something else other than the common OS 2050/2060 combo..

thanks in advance!