Search

World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
What is your front camber set at?
-1.5 with about 1deg toe out. Going back tomorrow and trying -1camber with 0 toe. And trying some differant springs. And I really need to play with motor timing and gearing. Trying a TP 13.5 and I can't get the punch I want out of corners without sacraficing straight away speed. Do I really need the green torque rotor to maximize performance?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Green Machine!
-1.5 with about 1deg toe out. Going back tomorrow and trying -1camber with 0 toe. And trying some differant springs. And I really need to play with motor timing and gearing. Trying a TP 13.5 and I can't get the punch I want out of corners without sacraficing straight away speed. Do I really need the green torque rotor to maximize performance?
Sounds like you are on the right track with the camber (and toe). For super high traction, I have gotten down to 0.5 camber.

Cannot comment about TP 13.5 rotors.

Bill
Old 10-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ive nvr run tp 13.5 but I have played with there 17.5 and i think the stock rotor should be fine and you should mess with the timing and gearing and if all else fails then go for the HT rotor. i dont think its necessary though.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Finally got the oppurtunity to race with some of you guys Sunday. I know practice will do me tons of good in the infield, but I watched the video and the field was noticebly faster than my car. Even just looking at the straight-a-way. I need your secrects in gearing and timing and rotor and roll-out combinations, cuz I just ain't close. I hope the TP motor was a good choice... What am I missing? My car is right at the 930g min weight and it seems to be handling well. so bummed! Help obi-wan!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finally got the oppurtunity to race with some of you guys Sunday. I know practice will do me tons of good in the infield, but I watched the video and the field was noticebly faster than my car. Even just looking at the straight-a-way. I need your secrects in gearing and timing and rotor and roll-out combinations, cuz I just ain't close. I hope the TP motor was a good choice... What am I missing? My car is right at the 930g min weight and it seems to be handling well. so bummed! Help obi-wan!
Speed comes from 2 factors.

1. Motor and gearing

Assuming you are running blinky 13.5. Run a little less than max timing. if you are indoors the motors should be ~140* when you are done running. I find if the track is cool it wont get much hotter so you cant got just by temp. You want to gear for best lap time. Keep gearing up a tooth and running until your average lap time stops improving. Then back off a tooth. That should be in the ballpark. Do not look at your best lap.

2. Good lines and smooth driving.

You need to travel the least distance possible while arcing your corner entries and exits to maintain speed. This takes some trial and error.

If you get it right you can add a tooth or two and go even faster since your motor is not having to lug your car from low speeds.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Dude
I was asking you before the main if everything was working ok
Hit me up next time at the races

you're only about .5s off at your first race, that's not a bad start
just need to work on lines, consistency, and maybe a bit on motor setup

WGT is really close racing, usually we run within a few tenths the whole race, it takes a bit of practice to get to that point

db
Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Dave. Just being the shy new guy I guess. Car felt good just seemed slow. I appreciate the offers. I'm bug ya more next time. Lol. Gunna try to practice more Thursday after work.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Dave. Just being the shy new guy I guess. Car felt good just seemed slow. I appreciate the offers. I'm bug ya more next time. Lol. Gunna try to practice more Thursday after work.
Green,

You can't get much better help than Dave and Adrian when it comes to great speed tips on this forum.

You are in good hands amigo.

Bill
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Anybody have a spare used or new complete rear Diff assy axles for 200mm wgt..please PM ..Thanks
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Anybody have a spare used or new complete rear Diff assy axles for 200mm wgt..please PM ..Thanks
Team IRS, I don't think there is a better diff kit than this

http://teamirsrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=60

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Team IRS, I don't think there is a better diff kit than this

http://teamirsrc.com/index.php?main_...products_id=60

Hey dave Thank you for you help..I thought I could buy one off from private party before retailer store...I'm not planning keeping the car..
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Default Complete CRC rear axle/diff assembly for all Gen X-10

A complete axle/diff set for the Gen X-10 is called a "Large Ring Diff Set-Red GX10, P/N #1720" which retails for $44.99.

It is not currently listed on the CRC website; but, you can contact John at CRC to get one. He is at: [email protected]

I always have one as a spare. I like them built with a Slapmaster Thrust Bearing.

Cheers!

Bill
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey dave Thank you for you help..I thought I could buy one off from private party before retailer store...I'm not planning keeping the car..
OVA,

You are in WGT Heaven in the Great Northwest and aren't planning on keeping the car???

Give it a few runs...

What is the problem with your current axle/diff?

Bill
Old 10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Still Bill
OVA,

You are in WGT Heaven in the Great Northwest and aren't planning on keeping the car???

Give it a few runs...

What is the problem with your current axle/diff?

Bill
check your pm
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OVA
check your pm
Check your PM.

Team CRC likes their parts on Xray cars too...LOL

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.