Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Track Owner melts down!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Track Owner melts down!

I could not believe my eyes! He told us to get the fu*# off of his property, we were crybabies, and he was going to bulldoze it down! His wife came out screamin out of control at the racers and bystanders as well.
All over two $6 plaques that were supposed to be given out but he would not because of the light turnout of racers. Like its our fault
Old 09-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What track was this at?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

for real what track?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Rookie

http://www.madisoncountyrc.net/
He wont even work on the track himself members have to fix it up just to race
Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like somewhere else I know
Old 09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

I was at this track all day, untill about 8:30pm....never heard anything!

Might not want to want to read to much into this, I'll call Bobby the owner and ask tomorrow. Who is MadisonRCNews....two posts total, both here.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by nickclark30171
Sounds like somewhere else I know
If your talking about what I think your talking about I would have to say your way off.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
I was at this track all day, untill about 8:30pm....never heard anything!

Might not want to want to read to much into this, I'll call Bobby the owner and ask tomorrow. Who is MadisonRCNews....two posts total, both here.
How did that call go? http://www.mcrcforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105
Here is where he said first through 3rd would get trophies(plaques).
He then only gave out 1st place, all this was after you left, Bob.
When he got questioned about 2nd and 3rd place he went nuts and cussed everyone out and told us to get the f*&k off of his property and he was bulldozing it all. I hope he does not owe you any money.
I thought his wife was going to start beating on peoples vehicles she was so out of control.
Gates will Open at 9am Registration 10am to 11:30 Races start at 12pm. This is a open club race so entry fee is $15.00 per entry for Nitro Class. $12.00 per entry for Electric Slash and Losi Desert Truck classes. Trophies will be given for 1st thru 3rd in every class. Food and drinks will be available all day. Personal Transponders only. Transponders may be available to borrow but not guaranteed.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LMAO!! I knew it was just a matter of time!!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Mr MadisonRC News Man. I wished I would have known that you where out at the track doing a story on us I would have dressed up for the special occasion. Hope I dont get a bill for this story...lol....

If anyone wants or really cares to here the real story feel free to email me.
[email protected]
Other than that we will see yall at our next Trophy Race October 11th and as always we will post a flyer for this event and we do stick by what ever our flyers state.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Wink

why did it get so quiet ?
Old 09-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rumors, drama , pissed off racer who got his a$$ kicked on the track .....you know the usual
Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Have to agree

I would have to agree with the pissed off racer. If you show up to race and the flyer states that trophies will be given out for 1st thru 3rd, then wouldn't you expect that to happen. From what I hear this track's owner has just about ruined the club anyway. Most of the members don't even show up anymore and why would you piss off the ones that did by trying to save a dollar. I have heard from several people that Madison RC News account of what happened is very accurate and the owner went around apologizing for what he did, and then he post on here that he stands by his decision and if anyone wants to know the truth, just ask. This seems to be a lame attempt to save an already doomed track. Mr. Bigman, maybe you should stick to making T-shirts.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy

A lot of people dont understand the amount of stress that goes with having a buissnes. and you never know when owner or customer may be having a real bad day. We should all put our selves in others shoes before flying off the handel !!!!!! Every one walks around with there fealings on there shoulders now days and its real easy to tic them off !! YOU CANT PACIFY EVERY ONE!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PRIME TIME
A lot of people dont understand the amount of stress that goes with having a buissnes. and you never know when owner or customer may be having a real bad day. We should all put our selves in others shoes before flying off the handel !!!!!! Every one walks around with there fealings on there shoulders now days and its real easy to tic them off !! YOU CANT PACIFY EVERY ONE!!!!!
I agree with the sentiment here Tommy. People need to chill and try to get along. I wasn't there, I have no idea what really happened. But, if the drivers paid their entry fees with the understanding that plaques would be awarded to the top 3, then the track should have followed through. It is documented, so it wasn't a misunderstanding. Since there was an entry fee, not giving out what was promised is fraud and is a criminal act.

If that was the case, the racers have a right to be upset and complain. Now, if some situation occurred during the day that caused bad sentiments among the drivers and the owner, that should have been addressed seperatly and the plaques should have not been held hostage in retaliation. This is not the type of track I want to race at. Who wants the drama. I just want to race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.