Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I stay with the OCM evo
I am just building a evo pro spec 2009 de luxe
with the new parts and my set-up
it should rock..
just wanted to know how the d8 is performing
especialy how it jumps

Last edited by speedy2; 11-21-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just a little note for everyone that is all talking the D8 up. The D8 you will buy from the store isnt the D8 that Hara won with, nor the one that Alsop will drive. Plain and simple. Now dont take that as say anything bad about the D8, just stating facts. The MP9 would be my choice. That cars drive train is smooth as they come. Kyoshos attention to detail is unmatched. The price tag is worth it. It is top of the line out of the box, nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:28 PM
D8
Tech Master

Hara's D8 had a light chassis and two cnc drivecups for center cvd's, taller rear tower with the lighting evo2 buggy longer shocks and some titanium pins and rods. the other three D8's in the worlds final were pretty much stock or maybe some titanium pins on Tessmann car .. the D8 that Hara used at the Japanese champ race had the light chassis, the same two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins/screws, the rear tower and shocks were stock... the D8's that Tessmann,Roberds and Amezcua run at every race are pretty much stock buggies with minimal changes and they still run at the front pac all the time.. the D8 that Tessmann ran at Thunder Alley only had two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins and maybe steering rods.. nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D8
Hara's D8 had a light chassis and two cnc drivecups for center cvd's, taller rear tower with the lighting evo2 buggy longer shocks and some titanium pins and rods. the other three D8's in the worlds final were pretty much stock or maybe some titanium pins on Tessmann car .. the D8 that Hara used at the Japanese champ race had the light chassis, the same two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins/screws, the rear tower and shocks were stock... the D8's that Tessmann,Roberds and Amezcua run at every race are pretty much stock buggies with minimal changes and they still run at the front pac all the time.. the D8 that Tessmann ran at Thunder Alley only had two cnc drivecups and some titanium pins and maybe steering rods.. nothing extra needed to make it competive. Just my 2 cents
Well thanks for the not needed run down. Love the fact that you said a couple of times through your post what were the words? Pretty much, I think . Wow some very thought provocing statments. Might I ask how do you happen to have all these facts. Oh and you wouldnt be alittle bias would you D8? But Im not trying to bet into a battle of words. Either way as I said not the car you can buy from the store. And by the time you change the parts out you are back up there in price. Would you like your change back?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

all is relative ....
tess and jesse are running the D8 stock
unless the driveshaft problem
it would have been a without any problems kit first off

a friend of mine is a big name with many years of experience
right now he is doing a complete review of the MP9
and he told me : "don't buy a mp9, rather buy a mbx6 like me, I have seen to much already with the mp9 " ... not willing to give any clues why..
but it's true, it seems to have all you need out of the box
and looks like a real racing machine

Last edited by speedy2; 11-21-2008 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:51 AM
D8
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DWood
Well thanks for the not needed run down. Love the fact that you said a couple of times through your post what were the words? Pretty much, I think . Wow some very thought provocing statments. Might I ask how do you happen to have all these facts. Oh and you wouldnt be alittle bias would you D8? But Im not trying to bet into a battle of words. Either way as I said not the car you can buy from the store. And by the time you change the parts out you are back up there in price. Would you like your change back?
relax Jack!!! how do I know the information?? easy.. the team drivers post their information in the New Hot Bodies D8 thread, we ask and they reply
Old 11-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Someone should crap inside dwoods cap when he's not looking .
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've driven a lot of them, and it's already been said, but I'll say it again...........

TRACK SUPPORT and LHS SUPPORT.

Took me a while from seeing all these "other" cool cars untill I finally realized you gotta get what people are racing at your track. It makes racing soooo much easier. You may not be the "cool guy" with the "different" car, but abandon that theory quick.

My track is predominantly Losi and Associated. A few Jammins and D8's in the mix too. I own an 8ight-e and an RC8.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

That works for me. I race at the "Nitro Pit" There are over 200 regular racers, and every Buggy/Truggy on the market is on the track, and soon to be stocked in the affiliated near by Hobby shop! God I love Arizona! 365 days of Nitro action!!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
D8
Tech Master

Jaz240... I have got to make it to the Nitro Pit one of this days, and when I do I will let you know so I can stay in your garage and drink some beer... lol
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Lord

Love to have you Carlos. I also have a spare bedroom, so you don't have to pay for Hotels, and my wife's a great cook!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by markhat250
I've driven a lot of them, and it's already been said, but I'll say it again...........

TRACK SUPPORT and LHS SUPPORT.

Took me a while from seeing all these "other" cool cars untill I finally realized you gotta get what people are racing at your track. It makes racing soooo much easier. You may not be the "cool guy" with the "different" car, but abandon that theory quick.

My track is predominantly Losi and Associated. A few Jammins and D8's in the mix too. I own an 8ight-e and an RC8.
The ppl at my track run Bazooka's off of ebay, but myself I run the MBX6... because I dont like the Bazooka.. they seem to break. As for help i have the xray setup book.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08
The ppl at my track run Bazooka's off of ebay, but myself I run the MBX6... because I dont like the Bazooka.. they seem to break. As for help i have the xray setup book.
Bazooka's! E-gads! Those ore only good for blowing up tanks
Old 11-17-2008, 04:48 PM
D8
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Love to have you Carlos. I also have a spare bedroom, so you don't have to pay for Hotels, and my wife's a great cook!
excellent!!! I will let you know then... how is the 808 machine doing?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by D8
excellent!!! I will let you know then... how is the 808 machine doing?
Lovin the 808, I'm hooked on XRAY for life. I even got a partial sponsorship from an On-line XRAY dealer. Not a driving sponsorship. I help them with their web-site, and they give me Kits and parts at cost, for HUDY and XRAY stuff.

Send me a PM when your ready to come out. I'll hit you back with my phone Number, so we can make all the arrangements. I'll even come and get ya at the airport. Peace, James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.