Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First race meet, How to clean car properly

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Spray everything with Maxima SC-1 or some other silicone lube before it even gets dirty. This will prevent dirt from sticking to the car in the first place. The best thing about Maxima SC-1 is that it smells like fruit candy.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I tear everything down to the chassis. Then for the front and rear, disassemble everything as if I were putting a brand new kit together! It's better to do it this way because you can find bad bearings, your bearings and other parts will last longer, and you will also find other miscelaneous parts broken or cracked that you would've never found if you just hosed it down.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's pretty simple really... Kal-Gard. Use the Prep n Shine before you hit the track, when you come off use the air and all the dirt will come right off. The degreaser is awesome, especially during tear down, your buggy or truggy will look like new when your finished.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

What kind of product is Prep N Shine? Is this like a typical full size car glaze or what? I've definitely thought about using some of my full size car products on my RC car. I figure the Adam's Glaze might really kick ass...or the Waterless Car Wash. Yeah, I kinda spend a lot of time detailing my real car too.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/
Old 01-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Grimlock212
What kind of product is Prep N Shine? Is this like a typical full size car glaze or what? I've definitely thought about using some of my full size car products on my RC car. I figure the Adam's Glaze might really kick ass...or the Waterless Car Wash. Yeah, I kinda spend a lot of time detailing my real car too.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...%3DDv86z1y_DsU

Here is some info for you, Prep & Shine is really amazing. Once it is coated like shown in the video, it makes cleaning the car so much easier after it get dirty. It leaves the car looking like new and shiny, but it is dry and not wet so it does not attract dirt and mud.

General RC Applications and Instructions for Kal-Gard Products

Pro-Shine: Developed to aid in the maintenance of today’s high end Lexan Bodies, Pro-Shine is formulated with a special blend of polymers that applies and even high gloss coating. It has a unique characteristic of this product is its ability to retain a high gloss finish without attracting dust or dirt. Simply remove body from the vehicle, spray liberally and wipe off with a soft clean cloth.

De-Greaser: Spray on a dirty vehicle after brushing or knocking off any heavy mud or dirt that did not blow off from an air compressor. Spray the De-Greaser on the front and rear off the car being careful to not spray the engine and electronics. Let the De-Greaser sit for a minute (may need more time for heavy applications) and then blow off with an air hose. Once the area is dry, no residue will remain and the area will be clean. You can now spray with Prep & Shine is desired. This is great for a quick cleaning without disassembly of the vehicle.

Prep & Shine: Once you vehicle is clean, spray Prep & Shine (spray around 12” away for desired area) on the entire chassis with a medium coat and use a clean brush to help flow and spread the product in. The product will be completely dry in minutes with a “new car shine” and protection from debris. It is OK to spray on the radio tray with a light coating, but we recommend you use carefully around the braking system. One of the unique features of Prep & Shine is it creates a barrier that helps to protect debris and dirt from adhering to the chassis and allows for quick cleaning with the simple use of an air hose. Prep & Shine is NOT to be used on Lexan. Also used on muddy tracks on tires to prevent packing.

Contact Cleaner: Use Contact Cleaner in areas where you may have used Nitro Cleaners. You can spray the engine, clean oils off hardware, clean diffs, clean shocks, and anywhere else a quick clean is needed. Also used to prep wheels and tires for mounting.

Foam Filter Oil: Spray Foam Filter Oil onto a clean filter placed into a plastic bag. Work the oil into the filter and then remove and blot the excess out of the filter before installing. Foam Filter Oil will be thinner and easier to work with once it is applied and will eventually tack up after a several minutes for maximum protection.

Foam Filter Cleaner: Spray liberally on any dirty filter element, work out the excess dirt and oil and either blow excess out with an air hose or wash with water then air. Foam Filter Cleaner will not expand the foam is used correctly allowing the extended uses of any foam filter.

30-30: A penetrant and light lubricant that works fast, is harmless to most plastics, paints, rubber and metals. 30-30 is perfect for preventing corrosion when salt water or high humidity is a problem. It will end squeaks while loosening rust and providing protection for metal parts and make your driveline super smooth. 30-30 is also used in wet conditions to keep mud off the chassis and wheels.

Chain Clear Coat: We have been using Clear Chain Coat to lube CVD’s. Spray a small “Shot” in the joint and let the lube coat the area. It will go on very thin and penetrate, and then it will dry and thicken to a perfect lube that will not fling off having a unique clear coating. To clean the coating off, just simply spray with some Contact Cleaner. You can also pour into a small squeeze bottle for easier application.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

That didn't really answer my question. What is the Prep N Shine? Is it a wax? Glaze? Pixie dust?

It really sounds like a basic glaze or like a synthetic wax (Tech Wax or whatever).
Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

It is a special blend of silicons and polymere that provide not only protection, but a great shine. The silicons really help with dirt and dust adhesion. It is not a wax....or pixie dust. LOL It is unique, you can't really compare it to anything. It is very light, it goes on wet, then dries with in seconds, it leaves no residue.

Where do you normally race? I will try and have a Team Driver show you how it works at one of your races.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Kal-gard makes lazies like myself look like clean freaks.....also gives you more time to tell war stories at the track
Old 01-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing
It is a special blend of silicons and polymere that provide not only protection, but a great shine. The silicons really help with dirt and dust adhesion. It is not a wax....or pixie dust. LOL It is unique, you can't really compare it to anything. It is very light, it goes on wet, then dries with in seconds, it leaves no residue.

Where do you normally race? I will try and have a Team Driver show you how it works at one of your races.
I am just gearing up to start racing. I will be racing at Nor-Cal Hobbies in Union City, CA probably in a month or two.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Good old Simple green then orange Pledge for me.... been using it for years.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks heaps for all replies guys i better get to it
Old 01-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

where do i get simple in green in australia? or is there something similiar? what is actuaaly in it so i can see if i can find one like it?

cheers
Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yuppi1
where do i get simple in green in australia? or is there something similiar? what is actuaaly in it so i can see if i can find one like it?

cheers
Here you go. I am sure you can find it at any hardware store. In fact I can get it at my grocery store.

http://www.simplegreen.com/

However Kal - Gard is the BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yuppi1

cheers
isle 37 in bunnings from memory

they stock simple green
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ben73
isle 37 in bunnings from memory

they stock simple green
ok that sounds good. cheers for that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.