Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree195Likes

Novarossi engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 07:39 AM
Regional Moderator

I'm sorry if someone already asked this question, but does Nova NS/NSR pistons and sleeves are perfect fit or compatible with their previous S version? Thanks...
Old 06-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Just got my Mugen X-12 Today,
but the engine comes with a standard head button,,
can i change it to a Turbo button,if so,will it performe better
Old 06-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where is the best place to get novas cheap?
Old 06-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

heres a quick question.....How much faster are the Mugen x12's than a ns 3 port nova...

I can buy a nova for 230....and a Mugen for 280....

worth the extra bucks?...
Old 06-24-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Just been breaking in my NS12 S3 (not NSR). Man is it just me or are these things badass tight?? My V12 was nowhere as tight. Anybody else experience similar?
Old 06-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey AMG..how do you like the V12?...i swore I'd never buy another RB)PIA to tune),but the v12 has me curious...its either the v12 3 port,ns3,or x12 mugen..
Old 06-24-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Just been breaking in my NS12 S3 (not NSR). Man is it just me or are these things badass tight?? My V12 was nowhere as tight. Anybody else experience similar?
Every NS !!
NSR piston just a "bit" better.
Must use high temp when break in.
In every 2 from 3 engine i have broke, i have to replace the con-rod.
Old 06-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Every NS !!
NSR piston just a "bit" better.
Must use high temp when break in.
In every 2 from 3 engine i have broke, i have to replace the con-rod.
I think the RR is a bit tight too compare to NSR, isn't it darling?
Old 06-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

I didn't think our NSR was overly tight. I adopted a "don't baby it" approach to running it in and am very pleased with the engine.
I figure we had less luck with the RB V12 than AMG if I recall, but I would like to try the long stroke RR12, just for fun.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fastharry
hey AMG..how do you like the V12?...i swore I'd never buy another RB)PIA to tune),but the v12 has me curious...its either the v12 3 port,ns3,or x12 mugen..
The V12 is really nice. It is similar to the NS motors, but has less top end and better mid range. Good on a medium short track. Real easy to tune.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I didn't think our NSR was overly tight. I adopted a "don't baby it" approach to running it in and am very pleased with the engine.
I figure we had less luck with the RB V12 than AMG if I recall, but I would like to try the long stroke RR12, just for fun.
Yep, I was just interested since the V12 broke in easy and most of the RS motors I have had were cake as well. This thing stuck in the bore half a dozen times before it got loose enough. I was wondering whether it was a freak or not.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm . . I'll have a guess and say it might be a suboptimal piston/bore fit.

I had a few sleeves pinched by osrocket and they were extremely tight, I thought. So much so that I had lots of "tinking" noise as the piston got caught at TDC. The "tinking" was most apparent when the engine was revving slowly, say, just before it was cutting out. The recently replaced rear bearing was toast.

I figured the stresses were rather more than I was happy with and ended up doing some amateur lapping of the piston with some paste type bath cleaner - took the piston up about .5mm to about 3.5mm. I was at it for ages with that bath cleaner.
I restarted the break in and it proceeded fine from there.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hmmm . . I'll have a guess and say it might be a suboptimal piston/bore fit.

I had a few sleeves pinched by osrocket and they were extremely tight, I thought. So much so that I had lots of "tinking" noise as the piston got caught at TDC. The "tinking" was most apparent when the engine was revving slowly, say, just before it was cutting out. The recently replaced rear bearing was toast.

I figured the stresses were rather more than I was happy with and ended up doing some amateur lapping of the piston with some paste type bath cleaner - took the piston up about .5mm to about 3.5mm. I was at it for ages with that bath cleaner.
I restarted the break in and it proceeded fine from there.
I also had the "tinking" for around 30 seconds then it went away. I think I got a pretty tight one! Oh well better spend a bit longer running it in than usual.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I've broken in many Nova engine now and I hate to say this but I've never replaced a rod after break in. I think this is a money spinning idea injected into our heads by the company and it's represententives. That's my 2 cents worth. All my engine have done well over 25 litres of fuel and not one ever had rod failure.
AMGRacer those NS3 are a tight motor from what I've seen at the track.
Old 06-25-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

lol its funny how taylor and amg were speaking about the tinking sound ffrom the engines, that were pinched by osrocket my mt12 that I just had done is doing th e same thing, so this is ok? I have had some other engines worked by osrocket but those did not make the same sound it my memory serves me.

jason

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.