Wiki Posts
Search

PT RC Shock and Diff oil

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Awesome Product

I have been using this oils since late 2008 before they were on the market here in Puerto Rico guys are now using the product and in hot weather they are one of the best. This product is the most consistent out there from race to race. Pablo is great fellow and shows great attitude toward the product i really recomend the least you can do is trying the product to see what its all about because on words its very easy but, the results are out there and they are great. Any questions just let me know.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Photo

Here is the evolution

Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Once I run out of the oils I have now I definitely try these oils out. I have had good luck with Losi oils but you don't know if there is something better unless you try something different.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by FlatBusted
PTRC Oils are more constant bottle to bottle than most other brands. He uses the CST rating so a Losi 30 is ABOUT 380cst and AE is about 370cst.
I forgot about a link I have...according to the info here - http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/tip/shock.html - Losi oils are LIGHTER than associated.

PTRC's conversion chart doesn't help much knowing that the wt. indication isn't consistent across different brands. I guess I'll use the info in the link to get the right cst. Looks like I need 350cst for Losi 30 and 400cst for AE 30.

edit: I dug a little deeper and found that Losi30 is 381cst and Associated30 is 373. Seems to be conflicting info. I'll just order a range and start from there.

Last edited by cjwilly; 02-09-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: found more info.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default PT RC Racing oils- transitioning over from wt to cst.

The chart I made has helped many racers transition over from the standard weights to the metric CENTISTOKE, specially those running Losi oils. The feedback I get from racers is very positive, most of these drivers are pro level racers (they can really feel small changes to their suspension setup).

Now to make things more simple for you just run one manufacture of oil.
This is where PT RC Racing shock and diff oils shine. Get a bottle of PT RC Racing shock oil with a viscosity number that compares to what you normally run on the standard wt. Take your car to the track drive it, get a feel for it. Does it feel heaver or lighter than what you are normally used to?... Don't stop there..., base on that answer you are going to go ahead and get the next step in viscosity until your car/truggy feels the way you want to. Once you find a comfortable viscosity for that particular track and layout PT RC Racing oils will always feel the same. The same theory applies to the diff oils.

Hope this helps.
PT RC Racing.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Prophet

heres my question whould a club level driver like me and others notice a diffrence with this brand of oil ?

compared to losi and associated shock and diff oils ?

a honest answer.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe so. Consistency is the name of the game here. The more you can make you're setup the same the more you can learn to drive your car. The key thing in setting up a car is to make sure the setup is the SAME every time. Besides tires, OILS are the most important set up. Think about it. If the front camber is off 2* you may not notice it but if you lighten the front oil up in the shocks 200cst you'll notice it instantly (probably in the first corner). Think about it this way, ever bend a camber link and not know it till you looked at the car later compared to losing all the oil in a shock mid race (you notice it instantly) so PT RC Oils are more consistent than other brands out there and therefore will really help you LEARN your car. The more you know your car the better a driver you'll be.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default PT RC Racing shock oil bottle around my office.

I could not find any bottles of shock oil from other brands here in my house, I wanted to take some pics of bottles side by side to help you guys visualize how big the bottles are, instead last night at work it occured to me to take some pics of a bottle of shock oil at what I call my office to elaborate a little on Ryan Lutz statements from his website. lutzinator.com/?page_id=174
pics taken with cell phone in poor lighting conditions.

PT RC Shock and Diff oil-image_150.jpg

PT RC Shock and Diff oil-image_149.jpg

PT RC Shock and Diff oil-image_146.jpg

PT RC Shock and Diff oil-image_144.jpg

PT RC Shock and Diff oil-image_143.jpg
Old 02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

I have been running Pablo's oils for about a year now and they have been very good for me. I like how I can really zero down on the oil I want in my shocks with the half increments, Ex. 300, 325, 350.

Also I like not having to buy another bottle after I fill a couple of shocks...lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

JB i was just about to shoot youa text to see if you used them cuz Im getting sick of having to buy oil after redoing my shocks once or twice
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've used Pablo's oils for almost a year now, and am hooked. I love how I can fill up 3-4 sets of shocks with one bottle, where it'd normally take one bottle per set. I find the diff oils VERY consistant, and the shock oils I've found to be the same every time as well.

I'm only on my second bottle of shock oil this winter for 1/10th scale electric. That big bottle goes a Loooooooonnnnnnngggggg way!

Brad
Old 02-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

I've run Losi oils pretty much my entire racing career that goes back to 1988. In all that time I cannot say I've ever witnessed a noticable inconsistency in any of their oil products.

That said, I recently picked up some of PT Racing's shock oils. I do like the larger bottles and the linear nature of the CST ratings is a bonus as well. As for cost, I believe I paid $6.50 per 4oz. bottle of the PT Racing shock oil at a LHS in DFW whereas for a 2oz. bottle of Losi shock oil I pay $3.75. At these prices, PT Racing offers a savings of about $1 per 4oz. of shock oil.

I can't speak with personal experience on their diff oils but this may be where PT Racing can save you more money. I currently pay around $7 per 1oz. tube of Losi diff oil from a LHS. Last I looked the PT Racing diff oil was similarly priced but came in a 2oz. bottle. So you get twice as much for your money. Maybe someone who uses their diff oils can confirm the actual savings?

Last edited by Signal151; 02-10-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PT RC Racing
I could not find any bottles of shock oil from other brands here in my house, I wanted to take some pics of bottles side by side to help you guys visualize how big the bottles are, instead last night at work it occured to me to take some pics of a bottle of shock oil at what I call my office to elaborate a little on Ryan Lutz statements from his website. lutzinator.com/?page_id=174
pics taken with cell phone in poor lighting conditions.

Nice office!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Ryan Lutz using PT RC Racing shock oil

just wanted to share this with you guys, I notice that a link was posted on another thread but I figure I would post it here to show Ryan rebuilding shocks using PT RC Racing shock oil

youtube.com/watch?v=o5MR4MxTsdw[/url]

I don't post here very much, maybe someone can reply with a link.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5MR4MxTsdw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.