Search

Throttle linkage help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Throttle linkage help!

Hi,

as the title says I need hellp with my throttle linkage for my 8ight b 1.0. So I put my throttle servo in but I think I put it in the wrong way becaue when I set my linkage up to my motor it seems to be at an angle. Also my carb slide is just barely missing my center diff so there is no way I csn move that to straighten it up. My problem is that I stripped 2 screws out when mounting my throttle servo so I cant just take it out and try it the other way. I am getting a screw removal kit in the mail sometime next week bbut I wanted to know if I can run it the way it is? I took some pics to show you guys.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

You didn't do anything wrong, that's the problem the 8ight 1.0 had and everyone that has that buggy knows about it. What I did to mine was I shave off some plastic from the outer edge of the brake mount plate and then was able to straighten the throttle some more. And if you can don't use any shims behind the flywheel collet so that the engine isn't sitting so far up front. Hope that helps.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Yea, I agree.. that's probally your only hope...
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok but what I was worried about was that the gear on my throttle servo isnt set right in the middle its a little biased towards 1 side (maybe 6-8 millimeters) and if you look at the bottom picture the gear is farther towards the right. I though if I turned it the other way I could make it biased towards the left in the second picture and therefore straighten the linkage out. Am I way off there?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Set the Throttle trim to 0 Then get the gear lined up straight then place it on.. then you should only need a few clicks to get it completely straight.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

motor looks familiar!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Haha ya cant wait to start her up!!!! Hows the slash and did you get that part I ordered for you?
Old 03-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

You can't turn your throttle/brake servo the other way because that will casue more problems. The linkages will be all screwed up and you will have alot of bind in the throttle and brake side from the severe angle. Your servo is installed correctly so don't turn it around. All servos I've dealt with will be off-center when you inserts your servo horn on. You need to go to the sub-trim on your radio and decrease/increase until you can installed the horn as close to parrallel to the servo as you can.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you stripped the screw head out ,take a dremel or small file and cut a small groove in it so you can get a flat head screw driver on it...I had the same issues with mine8-1.0...It just takes some patience and adjustments like the others said.(My 2 cents)
Old 03-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok great about the sub trim what will that do? How I have it now is the straightest I can get I think. Should I adjust the subtrim with the servo horn off or connected and should the servo be connected to the motor or not? Any other suggestions would be great.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had this saved to go back to,thought it might be of some use

http://www.rctech.net/forum/2897858-post1211.html
Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by [email protected]
ok great about the sub trim what will that do? How I have it now is the straightest I can get I think. Should I adjust the subtrim with the servo horn off or connected and should the servo be connected to the motor or not? Any other suggestions would be great.
The sub-trim changes the center of your servo. You want to remove the horn and having everything "on", start decrease/increase your sub-trim until you can install the horn parrallell with the servo.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

So does my linkage look decent to you guys?
Old 03-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Try to make the carb as straight as possible. In most cases, we shave the the rear center top brace slightly at the carb area to get more room. As long as the thttle linkage gets WOT and doesn't bind the carb slide, you should be fine. If the carb binds, it will wear out your servo faster.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Haha ya cant wait to start her up!!!! Hows the slash and did you get that part I ordered for you?
I did, thanks! I am waiting from some connectors from Tower to charge the batteries. I didn't have anyway to charge them with the Deans connectors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.